• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 Premier League

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
yRKnhs.png

There was once a Manchunian club being vigilent
To hide the fact it was incompetent
A bomb in the loo
And the authorities went boo
But the replay wasn't heaven sent.

NML

Do I get excited and/or sad depending on results/performances? Sure.

But I don't have knee-jerk, hysterical reactions like that dude (or other corches I see). That's insane and doesn't make for a good boss.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Do I get excited and/or sad depending on results/performances? Sure.

But I don't have knee-jerk, hysterical reactions like that dude (or other corches I see). That's insane and doesn't make for a good boss.

Really? I can't take that seriously. Just in soccer alone, the greatest managers of the last few decades have been prone to absolute meltdown (Ferguson, Mourinho, Clough). You living on planet bong.

NML

There's a difference between passion and insanity. Coaches with the latter get by because it's more accepted in coaching than in any other profession (besides maybe actors and musicians).

There's no reason for it. When Jose fires a long time team doctor because of some random burst of insanity, that doesn't make him a good coach.

However, there are some coaches who are successful AND prone to these moments - but that's causation, not correlation. I fully believe you can be a great coach AND not make rash decisions.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
There's a difference between passion and insanity. Coaches with the latter get by because it's more accepted in coaching than in any other profession (besides maybe actors and musicians).

There's no reason for it. When Jose fires a long time team doctor because of some random burst of insanity, that doesn't make him a good coach.

However, there are some coaches who are successful AND prone to these moments - but that's causation, not correlation. I fully believe you can be a great coach AND not make rash decisions.
I get that you can be great and balanced, but those three were and are full on bonkers, not just in moments. I don't think there's any correlation between being level headed and a good sports coach/manager.

Liam

Good Old Robbie Savage. Up until this season he was part of my favourite ever Leicester squad.

This shows why, even as a Leicester fan, i hate Tottenham and their fans. They just think theyre a lot bigger than they are for a team that has frankly, done fuck all in years. Im not going to go out and say we are a bigger club than Spurs even though we've won the league, we'll see what happens next year.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Actually just looked and you made 1 transfer over the last few weeks. Thought you were making more. Why did you give up? You could've won.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Good Old Robbie Savage. Up until this season he was part of my favourite ever Leicester squad.

This shows why, even as a Leicester fan, i hate Tottenham and their fans. They just think theyre a lot bigger than they are for a team that has frankly, done fuck all in years. Im not going to go out and say we are a bigger club than Spurs even though we've won the league, we'll see what happens next year.

When was the last time a league champion was given a higher chance of being relegated than repeating?

chibob

Actually just looked and you made 1 transfer over the last few weeks. Thought you were making more. Why did you give up? You could've won.

Got tied up in my own season that I havent been watching enough of the Premier League recently. Been watching most games on MOTD

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Looks like Arsenal are closing in on signing Xhaka. I haven't watched much of him play, but from what I'm reading about him, he sounds like he'll good for Arsenal. That midfield is going to be pretty crowded, though, with Elneny, Coq, Wilshere ( :laughing: ), Ramsey, and Carzola. Wonder if this means someone is leaving.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Looks like Arsenal are closing in on signing Xhaka. I haven't watched much of him play, but from what I'm reading about him, he sounds like he'll good for Arsenal. That midfield is going to be pretty crowded, though, with Elneny, Coq, Wilshere ( :laughing: ), Ramsey, and Carzola. Wonder if this means someone is leaving.
Wenger is good at signing midfielders. :nebraskaman:

chibob

Carzola probably leaves? Ozil and Sanches too? Giroud?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Carzola probably leaves? Ozil and Sanches too? Giroud?
I fucking hope not. The three best players leaving would set some kind of shit record, even for Wenger. I think they'll keep everyone, even if they have to chuck massive contracts at them, as it would be a pr clusterfuck given all the shit that's happened in the past and the last campaign being a disappointment.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Watched the second half of the Scottish Cup final- was a good game. Hibs came back from 2-1 down to win with a header in injury time.

They hadnt won this since 1902 and there was a huge pitch invasion at the final whistle.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Mark Clattenburg already ruined this game by not playing advantage and letting Palace score. He is so fucking bad. Palace taking the lead would take this game from being utter shite to slightly enjoyable.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
MLS delaying a kickoff because of a cup competition in another country, lol. Can't imagine another sports league doing that.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Aren't both of those teams owned by the same league? Lol, fighting over jersey colors. Graphic design fighters for the cause