• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 Premier League

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I am glad they finally signed another striker. Looking forward to Xhaka scoring tons of goals!!!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I am glad they finally signed another striker. Looking forward to Xhaka scoring tons of goals!!!

Nah. He's probably going to play CDM, and it frees up Elneny to convert to the striker position. Just remember, Henry was a winger when we bought him. Could also do with signing a CB, so Mertesacker can play on the wing.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Man, Jose Mourinho at ManU is going to be a shit show. I think it's an awful move for ManU. There is no way they will be in better shape 3 years from now after he rampages through that team. And I say that thinking that he'll win the Premier League at least once while he's there.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Man, Jose Mourinho at ManU is going to be a shit show. I think it's an awful move for ManU. There is no way they will be in better shape 3 years from now after he rampages through that team. And I say that thinking that he'll win the Premier League at least once while he's there.

But as a neutral fan, it will be a fun shitshow to watch.

popcorn.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Not gonna make a bold prediction as really think that anything is possible with Mourinho at United. Would not be surprised if he instigated attacking football and won the treble, or if he took them to 15th and punched everyone in the head. What is certain is that it will be fun.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni

United know what they're getting. Mou will reshape the team to his style, win a title (or two or three) plus some other silverware, and then leave sometime between 2.5 and 4 years into the job. It is what it is.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
United know what they're getting. Mou will reshape the team to his style, win a title (or two or three) plus some other silverware, and then leave sometime between 2.5 and 4 years into the job. It is what it is.

I disagree. I think they'll be either a harmonisation of styles or a complete clusterfuck. I don't actually think we'll see Mourinho mk1, although that could happen. As I said, I think anything could happen with this ill conceived match made in hell.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The Yankees and Man United are all pervasive brands. What's the American equivalent team that spends loads on players but can't even sell out a home game? That'd be Chelsea.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
The Yankees and Man United are all pervasive brands. What's the American equivalent team that spends loads on players but can't even sell out a home game? That'd be Chelsea.

Hey! They sell out the important games. Ain't nobody got time for Chelsea-Bournemouth. There are better things to do in London. Just like LA and NY.

OTOH, I imagine central Ingerland is more like the Midwest here. Dafuq else you gonna do, besides go to every game? :trollface:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Hey! They sell out the important games. Ain't nobody got time for Chelsea-Bournemouth. There are better things to do in London. Just like LA and NY.

OTOH, I imagine central Ingerland is more like the Midwest here. Dafuq else you gonna do, besides go to every game? :trollface:

Brush their teeth? Nah. North Buckingshire is playing Straford-on-Avon in a Opening Round FA Cup game. :england:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

Arsenal don't have a problem with selling tickets...

Larry Fitzgerald

My comparison was that ManU is one of those teams who are popular for being popular and the team that Americans who don't know the Premier League already know. Just like people who don't know baseball know who the Yankees are. The irony of supporting Chelsea while calling ManU the Yankees of the BPL isn't lost on me. :laughing:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
My comparison was that ManU is one of those teams who are popular for being popular and the team that Americans who don't know the Premier League already know. Just like people who don't know baseball know who the Yankees are. The irony of supporting Chelsea while calling ManU the Yankees of the BPL isn't lost on me. :laughing:

The only American here who can claim to be "morally superior" by not picking one of the top teams is really @worst2first. I guess you could also say @whiteyc_77 as well for being a Spurs fan. But saying you would never stoop to root for ManU because they're too successful while being a Chelsea fan shows a stunning lack of self awareness.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
True, but you all hopped on the bandwagon when they were still a constant top 4 team.

I really don't get the defensiveness of American soccer fans for being fans of successful teams. Those teams are the ones that are always on TV, generally play the most entertaining styles, and have the most entertaining players. We don't have any local connection to any of these teams. Why wouldn't we pick ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, or Man City? Everybody always seems to get so defensive about that. "Well at least I picked only the 2nd best team, so it's not like I'm as bad as those ManU bandwagon fans." Give me a break. Just own it.

Hell, I give up Arsenal fandom a couple of times a year when they suck because I don't actually have any connection to the team beyond being in the Arsenal team store once. I only picked Arsenal because I enjoyed watching them play and because they were on TV in the US a lot in 2006 because they made it to the Champions League final. I'm a bandwagon fan of Arsenal. So what? I live 4500 miles away from any Premier League team.

Basically, I wish more American soccer fans were like @Travis7401 and were just honest about choosing the best teams.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I just wanted to take the opportunity to laugh at LOLverpool. I know I hopped on the bandwagon back around 2005 because of Phteven Gerrard, Winning Eleven 6 on the PS2, and their comeback against Milan in the CL Final. MERSEYSIDE RED 4 LYFE.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
The only American here who can claim to be "morally superior" by not picking one of the top teams is really @worst2first. I guess you could also say @whiteyc_77 as well for being a Spurs fan. But saying you would never stoop to root for ManU because they're too successful while being a Chelsea fan shows a stunning lack of self awareness.

I only root for Spurs because it upsets @hayvis.

-YTC

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
But saying you would never stoop to root for ManU because they're too successful while being a Chelsea fan shows a stunning lack of self awareness.
I don't think this is true at all. United is on a completely different level.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't think this is true at all. United is on a completely different level.

Since 2000, which is really the timeframe that most of us would have maybe started to be interested in soccer, they're pretty close. Historically, sure, ManU is on a completely different level. But any Chelsea fan who thinks he's morally superior or purer for supporting Chelsea instead of ManU is insane.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I still don't see that makes any difference. Ooh, you picked the 2nd or 3rd most popular team instead of the most popular! Yeah, not picking the most popular soccer team is something you should definitely you should pat yourself on the back about in that situation.

Schauwn

I still don't see that makes any difference. Ooh, you picked the 2nd or 3rd most popular team instead of the most popular! Yeah, not picking the most popular soccer team is something you should definitely you should pat yourself on the back about in that situation.
I think it matters that the most popular in this case, is BY FAR more popular than any other club

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well I also think you are misinterpreting and reading too much into it.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
No, you don't get to be a smug soccer fan because you chose to be a Chelsea fan instead of a ManU fan. You can be a smug soccer fan if you picked a team like Stoke or Watford (although you'd still be an asshole for being smug about it). I can't believe you people are even arguing this. Who gives a shit? We all picked successful teams. It's like you're all fans of USC, but think you're superior because you chose them instead of Alabama. Come on.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Well, that's what I'm trying to say. I don't give a shit if Chelsea isn't actually the English equivalent of the Yankees. I'm just saying Chelsea fans don't get to be smug for picking a less successful/less supported team than ManU

worst2first

For the record, I picked Aston Villa because it was one of the closest teams to where my family came from (Shrewsbury Town would actually be the closest).

I have aspirations of visiting the mother country at some point to visit the places my ancestors lived, drink a few pints with my distant cousins, and attend Villa and Shrewsbury Town matches.