• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

osick87

Community Liaison
Jays will probably get 3rd, fail to get a Wild Card spot and waste prime years of EE and Jose Bautista.

Hopefully going to a couple games this year. Colorado- Phillie (woof) when visiting @Travis7401 and @Irishman. Then maybe one after WayHome festival. Looks like Toronto, Cubs, and Brewers and maybe the White Sox all have home games when we would be travelling through the States. I should check out minor league games.

ebarws6

stAy
Super excited for this season because I have no idea how good/bad the A's will be. This team has a very Billy Beane look with no bonafide superstars but a ton of depth and players with a lot of versatility. A lot will be riding on how the younger guys perform, especially in the pitching staff.

Will be down in AZ for Spring Training next week, Bart Scott.

ebarws6

stAy
I'll double post for this, but would there be any interest in a fantasy baseball league? I always want to do this every year but I rarely get enough interest from friends and the times I have played, about half the people stopped paying attention in July.

To keep things simple I'd be in favor of an MLB.com league. It's head to head, not roto, and the scoring system is really simple: 1pt for a single, 2 for a double, etc., and instead of drafting individual pitchers you draft full pitching staffs like a fantasy football defense. Plus you only need to check it once a week rather than having to check every day because you set your lineup for the week like in fantasy football.

S

Sink

I'll double post for this, but would there be any interest in a fantasy baseball league? I always want to do this every year but I rarely get enough interest from friends and the times I have played, about half the people stopped paying attention in July.

To keep things simple I'd be in favor of an MLB.com league. It's head to head, not roto, and the scoring system is really simple: 1pt for a single, 2 for a double, etc., and instead of drafting individual pitchers you draft full pitching staffs like a fantasy football defense. Plus you only need to check it once a week rather than having to check every day because you set your lineup for the week like in fantasy football.
I never got into it much before because I didn't want to have to change stuff every day, but that mlb.com idea sounds interesting.

Gooksta

Super excited for this season because I have no idea how good/bad the A's will be. This team has a very Billy Beane look with no bonafide superstars but a ton of depth and players with a lot of versatility. A lot will be riding on how the younger guys perform, especially in the pitching staff.

Will be down in AZ for Spring Training next week, Bart Scott.
So jealous man. I went last year and it was awesome.. the pics if the new hokam look great

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

I would be game with that setup as well.

R2D2

Hamels isn't happy in Philly because he knows with Ruben in office the Phillies won't win. :thumbsup:

Wooly

I have been running a league every year for more than a decade, and now days it's mostly utopians who play.
You guys should join. It head to head, but a regular Yahoo league. You can set your lineup once a week, or even less. You don't need to do it every day to play standard HTH.
I will post the info for those interested.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Damnit @Karl Hungus, it's my jerb to start the MLB threads around here.

im freaking jacked for this year. Hard to say what my defending al champs will do this year. Either they continue the trend and fucking win it all.....make the playoffs with a wild card...or suck bad with a plethora of injuries. Heart of hearts says world champs, but realist says 82-80, and a long offseason.

Bumgardner can still go to hell.

osick87

Community Liaison
He's got 4 currently

• Cano
  • Cespedes
  • Sabathia
  • Rusney Castillo
Yes I had to look up everyone other than Cano. Although come to think about it, I do recall Sabathia.

osick87

Community Liaison
2015-Free-Agency-Contracts.png

ebarws6

stAy
I have been running a league every year for more than a decade, and now days it's mostly utopians who play.
You guys should join. It head to head, but a regular Yahoo league. You can set your lineup once a week, or even less. You don't need to do it every day to play standard HTH.
I will post the info for those interested.

Please do. Is it head-to-head roto or points?

ebarws6

stAy
Head to head

My bad, phrased that poorly. Meant to say "head to head roto" or "head to head points."

As in, do you go head to head based on leading the most amount of categories or by by accruing points through a scoring system like you would in fantasy football?

Last edited:

Wooly

My bad, phrased that poorly. Meant to say "head to head roto" or "head to head points."

As in, do you go head to head based on leading the most amount of categories or by by accruing points through a scoring system like you would in fantasy football?

Head to head roto, one week at a time. The standard Yahoo HTH style, except we use custom categories. We usually use R, HR, RBI, OBP, SLG and ERA, WHIP, QS, K, K/BB (with 50 IP minimum/week), and then you get a win for each category you lead at the end of the week, so you might go 7-3 for the week let's say. The season is about 25 weeks or so long, you play everyone a few times. Top 6 go to the playoffs. It doesn't take much work at all. You can leave everything as is if you want. You can set your pitching for a week a time if you want. Or, you can check daily each player and agonize for days over whether to switch one mediocre MI for another mediocre MI...like I do. It can be as easy or involved as you want it to be.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Have a similar itinerary @pavel only a month later; Chicago, Detroit, New York. Possibly a stop in Montreal for a Sounders match for good measure.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Gonna get to three new parks in June- Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Toronto. That makes 20, I think...
I think I've been to 19 but never those three. Been outside of Pittsburgh and Detroit but not there for a game. Went to a Reds game in GABP last year. I've heard Pittsburgh is one of the top 3 places to see a game and is probably a lot better now since the team is good/the crowds are good.

I'm hoping to go to Wrigley again this summer.

osick87

Community Liaison
Gonna get to three new parks in June- Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Toronto. That makes 20, I think...

Can put a safe bet on which one will be your least favourite.

Never being to a MLB game before, I'm probably going to go to 2 (maybe 3 if my buddy cracks). Looking like Coors and one of Wrigley or Target Field as both cities will be on our way back from Wayhome.

osick87

Community Liaison
They're putting new turf in this year so it might look a bit better. Still though it's a big concrete boring dome.

Gooksta

Raj saying demands for hamel won't change.. whoever gets hamel will be a "clear winner" in regards to their offer from others. Content with keeping hamels

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Raj saying demands for hamel won't change.. whoever gets hamel will be a "clear winner" in regards to their offer from others. Content with keeping hamels

Ed Wade played the same game with Schilling. Ended up getting Vincente Pidella, some career minor leaguers and a bag of used baseballs. I'm sensing RAJ will get a similar haul for Hamels.

Gooksta

Ed Wade played the same game with Schilling. Ended up getting Vincente Pidella, some career minor leaguers and a bag of used baseballs. I'm sensing RAJ will get a similar haul for Hamels.
Teams know that Price and Cueto could be on trade deadline trade market.. no need to do anything now

Gooksta

Cubs Hire Manny Ramirez as hitting consultant. He seemed to a great job with young players when playing in the minors last yr.