• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Damn. They must have found proof, as in emails, that show he knew and did nothing or even covered it up. No way they fire him otherwise.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, that guy. Waco is so toxic right now, I'm not sure they could find a decent outside corch. That program is going to head back to the shitter soon. This also prolly guarantees Baylor won't have a seat at the big boy table once the Big 12 blows up. Good riddance, cockgobblers.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Yeah, that guy. Waco is so toxic right now, I'm not sure they could find a decent outside corch. That program is going to head back to the shitter soon. This also prolly guarantees Baylor won't have a seat at the big boy table once the Big 12 blows up. Good riddance, cockgobblers.
There's gotta be something in the water there. I know no one remembers, but they had the ATF standoff with the cultists there back in 1993.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

Not quite an outside corch but he's never corched there to the best of my knowledge.

MikeSingletary.jpg

Craig7835

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_29947353/mike-singletary-sonny-dykes-names-watch-baylor-looks

Is he really thad bad of a coach? He wasn't great as San Fran's HC, but he wasn't Phil Bennett bad. Hiring a guy to "heal the program" sure isn't the right way to go about things.

To my understanding Bennett is/was the defensive coordinator. I think Baylor should have just promoted Briles' son as interim HC umtil they can get a solid hire. Just hope they don't get John L.Smith

Last edited:

R2D2

Mike Singletary is probably the best hire right now. Even if he sucks, let him fix the program with discipline and let a up and coming guy come in after he's dismissed.

Lincoln Riley will probably get a gig before then, but he could be a good fit imo.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, he led them to 9 wins in 2007 and 8 in 2008, but was mediocre otherwise. Still, that's about as good as it will ever get for Wake, so all things considered, he didn't do that badly there.

But Baylor didn't clean house, and I have a hard time believing Briles was the only corch with responsibility.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, it was but not as bad as I remember. I didn't look at non con so this may be due to cupcakes (served their purpose) but at least 5 teams won 9 games that year.

Edit: Never mind, looking at it more and it sucked. 3-9 NCSU lost to Akron and then beat 10-3 BC lol.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Yeah, he led them to 9 wins in 2007 and 8 in 2008, but was mediocre otherwise. Still, that's about as good as it will ever get for Wake, so all things considered, he didn't do that badly there.

But Baylor didn't clean house, and I have a hard time believing Briles was the only corch with responsibility.

As far as Grobe goes, Wake Forest has Four 8 win seasons in 108 years. He has 3 of them. I don't care how shitty the ACC was during those years, it's more than Phil Bennett had accomplished.

Brick

uh when wake had their best season I was in full Phil Steele trog mode taken handwritten notes on games. the acc was pure garbage in those days and that wake team was decent but very lucky all year. this is a pure GOOD MAN press conference corch hire.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, FSU and Miami being mediocre at best around that time (and Miami is still mediocre) really hurt the ACC. Clemson wasn't doing so well, either. Wake Forest and Boston College leading the Atlantic, LOL.

Craig7835

And that's the high point of his career.

In short, an average coach at shitty schools. Perfect for Baylor.

Ok. I saw the CFB fans on Twitter trolling Kirk Herbstret talking about how GREAT of hire Baylor made. So I guess we gonna see a BORING offense from the Bears this year under Grobe?

Status
Not open for further replies.