• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
They also traded Luis Gonzalez to the D-Backs and he won them the World Series like 2 years later!

Dombrowski also left the Tigers a wasteland and went to Boston and won a World Series. Then the Red Sox fired him before he could trade away their entire system and set them back a decade like he did in Detroit.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Fulmer is a beast and Riley Greene could be the next Griffey Jr but he's 19 and um that's 2 guys. I guess Boyd is pretty good too. An ERA around 4 and winning 9 games 2 years in a row for that shitty ass team is almost deserving of some Cy Young votes.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
With the Braves it was hard because I'd been a fan through a period when they were :turrible:. I became a fan because my mom went on a trip to Atlanta and brought me back a Braves shirt. I was young, so I latched on to them as my team, since Salt Lake didn't have an MLB franchise. So when they got good, it was rewarding. I was on my mission when they won their World Series, so I didn't get to see it or enjoy it very much. Then frustration when I came back and they couldn't win again.

With Houston, I didn't suffer through bad seasons because I moved here just as they were winning the World Series. This being the first full season I watched that they had a chance, I think I wanted it a lot.

I understand enjoying the journey and appreciating greatness even though they don't win it all. I'm a Jazz fan, and I don't think anyone is more deserving that never won an NBA title than Stockton and Malone. Frustrating to get so close and lose it all, but it doesn't tarnish the incredible memories I had in their journey. And true that baseball is a bit more fickle than the NBA. But that's my story. I'm fine today, but I don't feel bad that I want the team I cheer for to win as much as any of you want the teams you cheer for to do so.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Close and never winning has got to be infinitely more frustrating than just flat out sucking. :laughing: As a Doyers fan, these past several seasons have been much more frustrating than when they were owned by the McCourts and just simply stunk. At least then, I could safely turn my attention away in early August and start watching pre-season NASHNUL.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Can't wait for the parade to interrupt @Mr. Radpants commute!

Bummed it is on a Saturday but I assumed if it was a workday @Mr. Radpants would have looked like this in parade traffic

downtown_splash_2436871b.jpg