• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016 NFL Draft

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Hackenberg: 7.0 YPA, 53.5%, 16 TD, 6 INT
Cook: 7.7 YPA, 56.1%, 24 TD, 7 INT

Hackenberg picked first. Good job, NFL :thumbsup:

Also, a kicker in the second round? Good lord Bucs.

Tailback U

I think Derek Henry is going to be a stud.

I don't buy into stereotyping college players because of the college they went to. people have been doing this for years. "Pac 10 qbs suck," "usc wrs suck in the nfl," "Jeff tedford coached quarterbacks are always busts." Silly stuff.

Henry is completely different from Richardson and Ingram. Yeldon actually looked solid last year. Either way, they're all different players playing in different schemes with different strengths and weaknesses. Just cuz they all went to the same college doesn't mean shit about how good they are going to be in the nfl.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I think Derek Henry is going to be a stud.

I don't buy into stereotyping college players because of the college they went to. people have been doing this for years. "Pac 10 qbs suck," "usc wrs suck in the nfl," "Jeff tedford coached quarterbacks are always busts." Silly stuff.

Henry is completely different from Richardson and Ingram. Yeldon actually looked solid last year. Either way, they're all different players playing in different schemes with different strengths and weaknesses. Just cuz they all went to the same college doesn't mean shit about how good they are going to be in the nfl.

I would agree, except that OU players in the pros are proven to have no knee ligaments. It's science.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
They both have accuracy issues. Barely over 50% in college? Sheesh

Accuracy issues is just one of the many "problems" with Cook along with his team-mates not liking him and, apparently, not giving blowjobs to Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and the pro scouts that matter.

goblue96

Cook had a hurt shoulder all year. He also goes downfield a pretty often. He's not super accurate, but he's miles ahead of Hackenberg.

christian-hackenberg-hits-guy-on-sideline-in-the-face-throwing-the-ball-away.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Hackenberg: 7.0 YPA, 53.5%, 16 TD, 6 INT
Cook: 7.7 YPA, 56.1%, 24 TD, 7 INT

Hackenberg picked first. Good job, NFL :thumbsup:

Also, a kicker in the second round? Good lord Bucs.

Matt McGloin's final year stats: 7.3 YPA, 60.5%, 24 TD, 5 INT.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
No idea who these OU guys the Saints picked. Last time they picked two guys with consecutive picks from the same school, neither one ended up playing a down for them. They were from wake forest fwiw.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
will redmond comes w/ commendations from none other than boobie dixon, but he's one of the three smallest cb's in the draft. Only one other cb is 182 and another is 181 lbs

Tailback U

Is this true

What else can I get from a cadaver

Perhaps a brain so I can watch more draft

It's half true....the cadaver replacements are supposed to better than repairing the already damaged one.

That said, nobody knows how that cadaver ligament will hold up. I'm not sure how they determine whose ligaments you get. Like what if AP is running wild on a 90 year old Asian woman's ACL right now.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

It's half true....the cadaver replacements are supposed to better than repairing the already damaged one.

That said, nobody knows how that cadaver ligament will hold up. I'm not sure how they determine whose ligaments you get. Like what if AP is running wild on a 90 year old Asian woman's ACL right now.
This is probably why the vaccine peddlers changed it from "organ donor" to "tissue donor"

evil1

Pittsburgh's biggest needs were CB, S and DT.

The drafted players for each of those positions. They certainly knew what their game plan was going into this draft.

Heisman06

Miami's draft so far:
1. LT Laremy Tunsil - We all know his story. Elite-level LT that slipped due to that badass gas mask bong rip. Thanks to whoever leaked it. Miami thanks you. Will likely play LG with Branden Albert and Ju'Wuan James staying at tackle.

2. Xavien Howard - Big, tall press corner that fits Miami's man or zone-press schemes. I wanted Mackensie Alexander because he's the superior CB but size matters to these NFL folks. Seems likely to start across from Byron Maxwell.

3. Kenyan Drake - This one kind of surprised me but I had heard Miami was in love with the kid. They like his ability out of the backfield and on special teams. Seems destined for 10-15 touches a game behind Jay Ajayi. Risky pick with more complete backs like Dixon, Booker and Collins behind him. Time will tell.

4. Leonte Carroo - One of the best route-runners in the draft. Pro-ready according to most scouts/gurus. We gave up a lot to trade up (6th this season + 3/4 next) so hopefully he contributes this season.

It seems like a pretty good draft so far although Miami's down to a 5th and 2 7th's remaining after the trade-up's for Howard and Carroo.

DanishDonut0

Even if you were to replace it with with a patellar tendon or hamstring graft it is generally stronger but the biggest problem lies in the fact that when you tear your ACL and replace it you are losing its proprioceptive ability.

Lightningwar

Administrator
So excited the Titans got the next great Alabama pro running back. What a great tradition of success they have.

It is going to be interesting to see how he performs in the NFL. My biggest knock on the guy is his lack of lateral movement. If anybody disrupts his approach he is done, cant get the motor started fast enough even if me makes the first guy miss. Saw a lot of that in the last few games for Bama where he avg ~4 YPC against college defenses.

Last edited:

goblue96

It is going to be interesting to see how he performs in the NFL. My biggest knock on the guy is his lack of lateral movement. If anybody disrupts his approach he is done, cant get the motor started fast enough even if me makes the first guy miss. Saw a lot of that in the last few games for Bama where he avg ~4 YPC against college defenses.

Someone needs to be the second coming of Trent Richardson. :laughing:

jtothero

No idea who these OU guys the Saints picked. Last time they picked two guys with consecutive picks from the same school, neither one ended up playing a down for them. They were from wake forest fwiw.

Both were predicted to be fringe first round picks. Saints got a steal in getting them both in the second. Mike Thomas is a monster especially close to the end zone.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Both were predicted to be fringe first round picks. Saints got a steal in getting them both in the second. Mike Thomas is a monster especially close to the end zone.
M Thomas is our new Colston, the Z WR in Paytons O. Brandon Coleman the 6'6 UDFA wr from Rutgers was supposed to play this role, but played like a UDFA bum in some games. Colston was a 7th rd pick, so it would have been gr8 to strike gold twice with Colston and Coleman. It didnt look like Coleman was half of what a young Colston was. This created a huge need as the Z plays nearly every snap on O. I know we have a complex playbook and often redshirt our rookie WRs. I expect to see Coleman and Thomas alternating at Z with Thomas showing his elite talent and separating himself as a star by yr 2 in the offense.

Will rant about Bell later.

bruin

Will say 75% Chiefs go DL. Nkemdiche or Spence, you take them. Spence seems crazy which is perfect. People didn't touch Justin Houston and Marcus Peters cause that reason. Good fit.

Yup. The Chiefs are so predictable. Chris Jones is huge and has upside. A john Dorsey staple. Poe is a FA next year. Pick was almost a given. Got secondary help with RUssell. Can be a starter by Thanksgiving.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator

My brother has a cadaver ACL and it's not nearly as good, FWIW

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I wonder who's gonna take the TE from Baylor? No way he plays that every down in the NFL right?

Tailback U

With Derek Carr being their franchise QB, why did the Raiders take Cook?

You think Cook is a franchise qb?

I think Reggie Mckenzie is thinking he can turn him into a Matt Flynn type of guy who fits the system, ends up playing a couple games and doing well and then trading him for assets down the road.

You can never have too many nfl worthy qb's on your roster. Plus nobody knows how cook is gonna turn out anyway.

R2D2

You think Cook is a franchise qb?

I think Reggie Mckenzie is thinking he can turn him into a Matt Flynn type of guy who fits the system, ends up playing a couple games and doing well and then trading him for assets down the road.

You can never have too many nfl worthy qb's on your roster. Plus nobody knows how cook is gonna turn out anyway.

No, I don't believe Cook is a franchise QB. I found out later after I made the post that McGloin is on the last year of his contract. The pick just didn't make sense to me at the time.