• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I just don't understand how a ref could give a player a red under those circumstances. The penalty was a good call, but if you're going to make a call in a moment like that, you better put on ur big boy ref pants and be ready to deal with some mean words. Have some fucking perspective about how upset the players are going to be in that situation.

tab10

Penalty was the correct call, imo. Buffon must have said something really terrible, or perhaps made contact with him? I couldn't tell.

Joe Hart got up in Michael Oliver's face a few years ago and wasn't sent off.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ramsey has been awful this game and it seems like the past few years. Definitely all season.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Well he scored 1 goal and badly gave the ball away on like 5 other 3 on 2s, so I'll say he's still -1 or -2 on the day

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He badly gave the ball away at the edge of the box, not midfield

Snorky's Shame

Arsenal - Atletico
Marseille - Salzburg

Bayern - Real Madrid
Liverpool - Roma

Very similar draws with the two best teams facing each other in the semifinals.

I’ll go Atletico - Marseille and Real Madrid - Liverpool.

As opposed to two years ago, Real Madrid has gotten some rough draws not unlike Barcelona in 2015 (Manchester City, Paris and Bayern).

Last edited:

NML

kodRQ.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Herrera scores in the 90th for Porto, they now lead the league over Benfica with 4 games to play (and Benfica have Sporting to play)

Snorky's Shame

Herrera scores in the 90th for Porto, they now lead the league over Benfica with 4 games to play (and Benfica have Sporting to play)

Yeah that sounds familiar.

Paris, Manchester City and PSV win their leagues while Juventus and AEK are close to winning their leagues.

Turkey might have the best race left. Galatasaray, Besiktas, Basaksehir and Fenerbahce separated by 3 points with 5 games left.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah that sounds familiar.

Paris, Manchester City and PSV win their leagues while Juventus and AEK are close to winning their leagues.

Turkey might have the best race left. Galatasaray, Besiktas, Basaksehir and Fenerbahce separated by 3 points with 5 games left.
I think you and I are the only people who care about Ajax on the board (and probably in the US) but what a disaster of a season. Between Nouri, Europe, the injuries to Dolberg/de Jong, coaching mess, Davinson saga, losing the title at PSV, the quality of football, etc. I've never had a club/team I've followed have a worse year.

All of the hope and promise of last year under Bosz has been burned to the ground.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I think you and I are the only people who care about Ajax on the board (and probably in the US) but what a disaster of a season. Between Nouri, Europe, the injuries to Dolberg/de Jong, coaching mess, Davinson saga, losing the title at PSV, the quality of football, etc. I've never had a club/team I've followed have a worse year.

All of the hope and promise of last year under Bosz has been burned to the ground.

tenor.gif

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
That’s not true. Like 7 years ago I talked to this one guy on the phone who’s email address was AJAXFAN something something @ Hotmail.com. So that’s at least 4.

Snorky's Shame

Remember Malaga, the team that almost made it to the UCL semifinals 5 years ago? They’ve just been relegated. Would not be shocked if they fell further.

NML

I think they were an oil money investment that didn’t pan out because they didnt do enough in Europe. When there’s Real Madrid, Barca, and Atletico in ur league, ur margin for error is non existent. And it’s not like EPL where the TV money is split evenly.

There was a Russian club that had almost the same thing happen, but I don’t think they got relegated. Just like three years of heavy investment with little to no return and then they had to strip it down. Eto’o played there

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Anzhi! They were a shit team in some bumfuck resort town and got a bunch of oil money. I think Roberto Carlos played there too. And maybe Eboue. It was that kinda team.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Anzhi did get relegated but got back up the next year. They only have one random african now and he used to play in MLS so he's not Eto'o tier

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Anzhi! They were a shit team in some bumfuck resort town and got a bunch of oil money. I think Roberto Carlos played there too. And maybe Eboue. It was that kinda team.

Loved using them on FIFA a few years ago. The best 4 star team.

-YTC

DanishDonut0

Every puber's favorite team on FIFA.

I remember some of those Malaga teams having a crazy payroll but not getting much in return on the field.

I know this is the Europe thread but it's crazy to me that Southampton is looking likely to go down after 4 straight seasons in the top 8. They've always done well to stay in the green with their transfer balance, transferring out big names and still bringing in new buys to perform, but I guess they really struck out this year.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Poor coaching too from them. Premier League seems pretty strong this year, there doesn't seem to be any dead weight teams

Snorky's Shame

Peter Lim was much smarter in buying Valencia who have good history. They were in a bad place before he came along though

This times a billion.

Al Thani is a complete moron buying Malaga thinking it could be the next Manchester City or Paris. Malaga’s potential is nowhere near those two. If you wanted to make that kind of splash, buy Sevilla, Valencia or Deportivo. Shit, buy Zaragoza even.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Have we ever talked about how the UCL Anthem is such a blatant ripoff of Handel's Zadok the Priest?

Snorky's Shame

So this happened in the Turkish Cup today between Besiktas and Fenerbahce:

Besiktas coach hit buy an object thrown from the stands. Match was abandoned.

DanishDonut0

Poor coaching too from them. Premier League seems pretty strong this year, there doesn't seem to be any dead weight teams

Well they fired Puel because his team wasn't scoring enough and they were disappointed finishing at 8th, two spots below the last season. And Puel has Leicester at 8 right now and most likely a top 10 finish at least.

I do agree with that though, it's probably because the promoted teams this year have played like they have already been in the prem for a couple of years. Liking Ma'Gulls chances of staying up.