• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Haven't finished unpacking from the trip yet, Liam trying to decide if he wants to wear the Dortmund scarf or the Bayern scarf. Looks like Bayern in the lead...

20915115_10103962410419743_5868555418442612428_n.jpg

Snorky's Shame

Pot 1: Bayern, Benfica, Chelsea, Juventus, Monaco, Real Madrid, Shakhtar, Spartak Moskva
Pot 2: Atletico, Barcelona, Dortmund, Manchester City, Manchester United, Paris, Porto, Sevilla
Pot 3: Anderlecht, Basel, Besiktas, Liverpool, Napoli, Olympiakos, Roma, Tottenham
Pot 4: APOEL, Celtic, CSKA Moskva, Feyenoord, Leipzig, Maribor, Qarabag, Sporting

Draw is tomorrow at noon ET

Porto sticks out like a sore thumb in Pot 2.

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
There's going to be a couple of groups where really good teams finish 3rd. Whatever group draw Leipzig, for example. I'll also bet good money that Roma and Napoli finish 3rd in their groups.

Snorky's Shame

Barcelona dream draw:

Shakhtar, Anderlecht, Qarabag

What Barcelona will get:

Bayern, Napoli, Sporting or Juventus, Tottenham, Leipzig

Real Madrid, Paris, Napoli/Tottenham and Leipzig would be the ultimate group of death.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, if Leipzig gets drawn with Tottenham, Roma, Napoli, or Liverpool, that's probably going to be the group of death.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Can someone give me the 101 on how this stages drawing works? Do you draw a team from each pot to make a group? Who then play each other?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Can someone give me the 101 on how this stages drawing works? Do you draw a team from each pot to make a group? Who then play each other?
Draw a team from each pot and they're in a group (home/home with every other team). You can't have a team from the same league against each other too.

Pot 1 = top 7 domestic league champs + Champions League Champ. Real Madrid won La Liga so it was top 8 domestic champs.
Pots 2-4 = organized by UEFA Coefficient number which is basically how well you (and your league) does in European comps. I think they're changing this formula though next year to give more credence to historical results and less on your league results.

NML

good lord some of these pot 1 and 2 pairings

barca juventus (definitely going to be liverpool here too)
Bayern PSG
Atletico Chelsea

NML

jk easiest draw possible with Spartak and Sevilla. Just need to avoid RBL

Spurs Dortmund and Madrid LAWD

and Roma Chelsea and Atletico

Snorky's Shame

Liverpool won this draw.

Group G looks like a Europa League group but all four could advance.

At least Celtic didn't draw Barcelona this time, good luck with Bayern and Paris though.

I think Sporting could cause some chaos in Group D. They played Real Madrid tough last year.

Groups C, G and H are the only groups where I don't see a clear top two.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Poor, poor Tottenham. They're going to have to beat Dortmund once to go through, which is going to pretty tough. That's the group of death.

Group G could be really interesting, in that none of those teams are great but all go through easily. Group C with Roma and Chelsea is going to be really interesting, too. Wouldn't be surprised to see either of those teams flame out badly.

doh

Spurs got an insane group but that can happen when you're in pot 3.

I understand trying to help out domestic champs but getting the Russian, Ukraine or Portuguese winner is a gift from god.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Like every other year the Portuguese winner is decent if they haven't sold off their entire team the offseason prior. That group looks so bad though

DanishDonut0

For the 3 Ajax fans on this board... watched that match on a legal stream. Absolute, total shit. Keizer sucks and Bosz leaving is the biggest loss for Ajax in years.

Sanchez situation is absolutely pathetic too. I would be great selling him for 45m Euro in a second if we had someone competent running the team. But 10m of that will go to 16-year olds in Scandanavia and the rest in the bank to sit with the rest of the 180m Euro or whatever they're up to.

Not necessarily a bad thing if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Lord Bendtner through!!

doh

Keizer is about the dumbest coach I've ever seen. Going for a defensive sub with 15 minutes left was moronic. Not playing de Jong. Bringing Zeefuik on.

I could go on and on but the difference between him and Bosz is like Saban and Zook.

Snorky's Shame

Europa League Draw:

Group A: Villarreal, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Astana, Slavia
Group B: Dynamo Kyiv, Young Boys, Partizan, Skenderbeu
Group C: Braga, Ludogorets, Hoffenheim, Basaksehir
Group D: Milan, Austria Wien, Rijeka, AEK
Group E: Lyon, Everton, Atalanta, Apollon
Group F: Kobenhavn, Lokomotiv Moskva, Sheriff, Zlin
Group G: Plzen, FCSB (Steaua), Hapoel Beer-Sheva, Lugano
Group H: Arsenal, BATE, Koln, Crvena zvezda
Group I: Salzburg, Marseille, Vitoria SC (Guimaraes), Konyaspor
Group J, Athletic, Hertha, Zorya, Ostersund
Group K: Lazio, Nice, Zulte Waregen, Vitesse
Group L: Zenit, Real Sociedad, Rosenborg, Vardar

NML

First Champions League match days and I'm off for both? Oh hell yeah

Barca Juventus is quite a way to kick things off.

NML

lol of course ManU and Basel are on FS1. I'm pretty sure that would be my 7th choice of the 8 games today

doh

Can't wait for Turner to take over.

Celtic-PSG on FB Live and it's just FOX idiots talking with no scoring bug or Celtic Park atmosphere. Genius.

NML

Roma/Atletico was okay. Roma were the better team for the first half but then completely bunkered in for the last 45 - at home? Seemed weird to me.

I'll watch Liverpool tomorrow but my top game would be Spurs/Dortmund

DanishDonut0

All the games today were really bad. Woof.

Didn't even bother watching yesterday. Have both Liverpool-Sevilla and Spurs-Dortmund on, the have not disappoint. Before hand my 3rd option was Leipzig-Monaco, interesting game but doesn't seem much has happened. Still 1-1 though