• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Bosz out it seems... I thought he'd make adjustments to be successful. He was very creative at Ajax and had success in Europa League.

But it just turned into boring, possession and nothing else against organized sides in a much better league.

Too bad -- love his style when it's working. Wish more coaches were like him.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Summary of the game:

Asamoah crosses into the box, Skriniar clears out to Cuadrado, who crosses into the box, Skriniar clears out to Asamoah, etc.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
City defending lol

Nothanks.png

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Whoops wrong thread. Ah fuck it.

Snorky's Shame

Juventus - Tottenham
Basel - Manchester City
Sevilla - Manchester United
Real Madrid - Paris
Shakhtar - Roma
Chelsea - Barcelona
Bayern - Besiktas
Porto - Liverpool

La Liga might not make it to the quarterfinals.

Snorky's Shame

Dortmund - Atalanta
Nice - Lokomotiv Moskva
Kobenhavn - Atletico
Spartak Moskva - Athletic
AEK - Dynamo Kyiv
Celtic - Zenit
Napoli - Leipzig
Crvena zvezda - CSKA Moskva
Lyon - Villarreal
Real Sociedad - Salzburg
Partizan - Plzen
FCSB (Steaua) - Lazio
Ludogorets - Milan
Astana - Sporting
Ostersunds - Arsenal
Marseille - Braga

DanishDonut0

Arsenal getting to play against the cinderalla team in potentially -10C and snow.

200.gif

They'll probably be fine on GD from their home leg tho.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Bosz out. Replaced by ... a guy who just got fired from a team that hasn't won in the Bundesliga all year?

I read the headline about Stoger going in, and I was wondering why I knew that name. Then it dawned on me that he just got fired from Koln. Koln, with the worst ever starting record in the Bundesliga. Not exactly a super inspiring hire. That said, Stoger was great with Koln until this year.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Bosz out. Replaced by ... a guy who just got fired from a team that hasn't won in the Bundesliga all year?

I read the headline about Stoger going in, and I was wondering why I knew that name. Then it dawned on me that he just got fired from Koln. Koln, with the worst ever starting record in the Bundesliga. Not exactly a super inspiring hire. That said, Stoger was great with Koln until this year.

Not exactly an inspiring hire :laughing: That said, a lot of what happened at Köln was out of Stöger's control. There are so many injuries that sixteen and seventeen year-olds have been getting Bundesliga minutes. I think I saw that there was a stretch where eight of eleven starters were missing. Replacing Anthony Modeste with some guy (actually Jhon Cordoba, he's the definition of SOME GUY) falls more on the sporting director, who had already been fired.

Basically, Stöger is a good corch and Dortmund have to hope that he can shake off what happened at Köln this season.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Not exactly an inspiring hire :laughing: That said, a lot of what happened at Köln was out of Stöger's control. There are so many injuries that sixteen and seventeen year-olds have been getting Bundesliga minutes. I think I saw that there was a stretch where eight of eleven starters were missing. Replacing Anthony Modeste with some guy (actually Jhon Cordoba, he's the definition of SOME GUY) falls more on the sporting director, who had already been fired.

Basically, Stöger is a good corch and Dortmund have to hope that he can shake off what happened at Köln this season.

I mean, I think he's a good coach, but his record isn't all that spectacular. Promoted from 2. Bundesliga, then finishes of 12, 9, and 5, with 40, 43, and 49 points. And then this year, which was not entirely on him, yeah. Those results are good for Koln - 4 years in the Bundesliga is great for them - but is it really all that good? They should be consolidating in the Bundesliga and being a solid mid table club like Monchengladbach is now.

It's frustrating to be a semi fan of Koln and seeing them underachieve year after year.

Snorky's Shame

They should be consolidating in the Bundesliga and being a solid mid table club like Monchengladbach is now.

Isn’t that like half the Bundesliga, a handful of teams in 2.Bundesliga and even 1860?

I wonder what would happen if Germany got rid of 50+1.

Edit: Shit, Kaiserslautern is bottom of the 2.Bundesliga. I remember them winning the Bundesliga 20 years ago.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Isn’t that like half the Bundesliga, a handful of teams in 2.Bundesliga and even 1860?

I wonder what would happen if Germany got rid of 50+1.

Not really. Hamburg, Koln, Frankfurt, and Hertha are the big underachievers relative to where they should be given the resources they should have. In the 2. Bundesliga, it's a bunch of small teams really. Dusseldorf should be more successful than they have been. Maybe Nurnberg, too.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think Bremen are either overachievers or right where they should be historically. The fact that they've been shitty for a while makes us forget that they won the double in 03/04.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It should be noted that despite the fact that Koln was largely a dumpster fire, they beat Arsenal twice.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I think Bremen are either overachievers or right where they should be historically. The fact that they've been shitty for a while makes us forget that they won the double in 03/04.

Bremen have been in crippling debt for 10+ years now. They're basically a zombie club at this point.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Apparently Claudio Pizzaro is still playing ... for Koln. That is a strange one.

He was great at Bremen two years ago, scored something like 15 in 30 games. Last year I don't think he played much. He could definitely go a few more years in some smaller league.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think they were speculating having him replace Paolo Guerrero in the World Cup, which would've been hilarious

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hertha beat Bayern 2-0? Looks like I watched the wrong game this morning.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
FINALLY Champions league is BACK

Juve already up 2-0 inside 10 minutes... bart Scott for Real-PSG tomorrow