• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
This guy coming to town and he's bringing an AD with him

NY-DU762_RUTGER_P_20151129222727.jpg

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I thought Currie was on Haslems side and part of the push Fulmer out crew? Jesus this is a soap opera I can’t keep up with everything.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I thought Currie was on Haslems side and part of the push Fulmer out crew? Jesus this is a soap opera I can’t keep up with everything.
He was, and Fulmer just chopped his legs out from under him during this search is what it sounds like.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Two factions:

1. Haslam family> School Pres.>Chancellor>Peyton Manning>Currie
2. Other boosters>Fulmer

The other boosters have attempted a coup to rid the school of Haslam. The current criminal trial may have tipped the balance of power finally. If the Vols install Fulmer as AD or hire David Blackburn, Haslam lost.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
So..was Fulmer involved in the search? Or is he literally making the entire program a laughing stock so he can be AD?
The reports were that he was not involved in the search. That it was Manning and Currie.

I can't tell you anything for sure, though. We will never know probably.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The other boosters have attempted a coup to rid the school of Haslam. The current criminal trial may have tipped the balance of power finally. If the Vols install Fulmer as AD or hire David Blackburn, Haslam lost.

I read this as David Beckham, and was like...fuck it at this point I would not be surprised.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Press conference with the Chancellor at 4PM ET today. Nothing would surprise me at this point. I am sad that we didn't get Leach though. That would have been amazing.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I cant imagine him being more successful in College Station. But anything is possible.

Hopefully we can nail down Taggert by early next week and get to crootin. I'd be excited to see what his offense can do with our athletes.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Jimbo leaving FSU for Daddy is so strange. I don't understand it at all.

If the insider stories are to be believed. He overplayed his hand to get more control of how booster money is allocated. Put himself into a corner and couldnt get out. He bluffed, FSU call his bluff. He may not even want to be in College Station is the most sad yet funny thing about this whole thing.

bruin

Who knew that the hot seat bowl between Mora/Sumlin would turn into UCLA and A&M landing Chip Kelly and Jimbo Fisher.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
If the insider stories are to be believed. He overplayed his hand to get more control of how booster money is allocated. Put himself into a corner and couldnt get out. He bluffed, FSU call his bluff. He may not even want to be in College Station is the most sad yet funny thing about this whole thing.
This seems to be the most logical conclusion. It was a classic Sexton tactic to get the huge offer from a desperate program. Similar to the saban to Texas thing. I don’t think for a minute he believed FSU would actually call his bluff considering the dude just won a natty Afew years ago and made the CFP the following season.

But yeah at that point Jimbo can’t back down and stay at Flazzu without becoming a powerless bitch.