1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Discussion in 'College Football Discussion' started by bruin228, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Fuckface Utopia Moderator

It's Pruitt.

volniac likes this.
  2. Brick

Brick Well-Known Member

When is the last time a struggling major program hired a DC as head coach and achieved a turnaround? I'll wait.

3. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    Georgia?

4. Brick

Brick Well-Known Member

Georgia was not struggling.

5. Lightningwar

Lightningwar Administrator

6. Brick

Brick Well-Known Member

7. Yankee151

Yankee151 Tankee Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Pruitt's first jerb as tennessee corch will be to sabotage bammers chances in the sugar bowl

8. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    How many of those guys get chances? Every hire seems to be an offensive coach. Bob Stoops is probably the last one to truly turnaround a program. Mark Dantonio didn't directly go to MSU from OSU, but he turned around MSU. Pat Fitzgerald was a defensive coach, but not a DC. He's done great at Northwestern.

9. Lightningwar

Lightningwar Administrator

His first job will to visit Sorority row and look for some new recruits.

10. silverwheels

silverwheels the endless shimmering

Team:
    RUSS
    Yeah, OU was at a historical low when STOOPS took over. John Blake could CROOT but he was one of the worst gameday corches ever. Stoops brought in some key JuCo players and freshmen along with a great staff who helped turn things around so quickly. He definitely had his faults but he kept the program relevant throughout his tenure and stepped down for a young assistant with a bright future, leaving on a high note rather than running things into the ground, which is admirable. Riley has obviously done well in his first year, but he was well set up for success. We'll see how he does without BAKER.

11. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Well-Known Member

Oklahoma. It's been awhile.

12. doh

doh THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    USC wasn't doing too well and that turned out OK.

Renegade likes this.
  13. Rutgers Mike

Rutgers Mike Dr. Sad

Team:
    Rutgers
    Rutgers? :thumbsup:

14. Brick

Brick Well-Known Member

15. volniac

volniac Active Member

I down with it honestly. His success is going to depend on who he hires on his offensive staff, but thank fuck the days of having a swiss cheese defense are over.

Yeah, I don't like the fact that he's not a proven head coach, but the guy has worked under arguably the best head coach ever, has had his hands in two national championships at Bama, and another at Florida State. At 43 years old, the guy has a hell of a resume, is a top level recruiter, and you won't find a coordinator in the country that knows how win at the national championship level better than this guy. He checks every box you want besides HC experience, and that was going to happen sooner than later.

I'm more excited about this right now than I ever was about Dooley and Jones. And you know what? If it doesn't work out three years down the road, we've not lost anything but time. We just had our worst season in school history. Harder to go lower than rock bottom.

16. Rutgers Mike

Rutgers Mike Dr. Sad

Team:
    Rutgers
    The Big East was a major conference. And they got turned around.

TonyGin&Juice likes this.
  17. nowitsourtime

nowitsourtime Member

Saw the tweet was from Chandler so had to peek at the profile. Dude goes to Hamilton High, the school whose football team is in the midst of a sexual assault scandal.

kella, sayo and Southpaw like this.
  18. Brick

Brick Well-Known Member

19. Southpaw

20. Southpaw

So the long shit show in Knoxville has finally come to an end. I have to say, I think the Twitter uprising was worth it. I don't know how successful Pruitt will be, but I think he has a hiring ceiling than Schiano. I am also much more comfortable with Paw Paw Phil running the AD as opposed to Currie.

I am very curious to see who Pruitt brings with him. That will be the key. If he just hires all his buddies fuuuuuuuuu. Get a good OC please.