• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I bet ErrRRzZ are trying to shop the Midget for a 2nd or literally anything. No way they let him play all year... going to buy his short ass out.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Nah EeeerrrrZZz just cleared tons of cap space and got a 1st?

FLEECE
I mean I think the Lakers definitely got the better end of it, but the first is gonna be early to mid 20s at best and their roster is a dumpster fire outside of Ball and Ingram, what FA is gonna wanna go there.

doh

I mean I think the Lakers definitely got the better end of it, but the first is gonna be early to mid 20s at best and their roster is a dumpster fire outside of Ball and Ingram, what FA is gonna wanna go there.
I don't think they have a pick this year so just wanted to get back into first round.

Two max slots so get one and then get him to recruit someone.

Clarkson is due $12.5m/13.4m the next two years so not a terrible deal but they're hunting bigger fish.

Lakers are actually making smart moves... WTF is going on?

doh

Also :laughing: at the Cavs giving the Lakers enough money for a 2nd Max player next off-season

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
So Cleveland's gonna have this lineup once Love returns. Hill-Hood-LeGM-Love-Thompson

Thats alot better than what they had. Clarkson, JR Smith, Korver, Green, Nance so the bench will still be some hot garbage, but at least its not the 2K9 All-Star team?

doh

So if the Cavs held onto Kyrie when LeBron leaves a Kyrie-Love 1-2 is still the best in the East (assuming LeBron goes to the West).

Instead they will have absolutely nothing and made their biggest competitor much better by giving them Kyrie.

lulz @ this whole thing

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
index.php

evil1

Lakers have no reason to buy out IT or Frye. Both contracts expire at the end of the year. The Lakers don't have their 1st round pick this year, so they have no incentive to sit either player.

NML

There's just a report out that he refuses to come off the bench, haha

Which is funny, since he made his name in the league as the spark plug off the bench guy. I don't think he would start in Boston either so that doesn't make much sense anyways

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Thomas is Kemba Walker, if Kemba was 5 foot nothing and got sympathy calls from the refs. In fact, that might be an insult to Walker, since he isn't the worst defensive player in the league and doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much.

Tell you what, why don't you name for me all the NBA teams that he would be the best player on their roster?

-YTC

I'll answer that with two assumptions

1- we are considering age, contract, etc, but not how he fits their needs
2- he would perform as well on another team, with a different coach, and different supporting cast (no chance, but how else can we evaluate two players on different teams?)

Definite No: Cleveland, Golden State, Spurs, Houston
Probably No: Milwaukee, New Orleans, OKC
Could go either way: Utah, Chicago, Minnesota, Washington, Portland
Yes: Everyone else

Unless I missing someone, which is possible

Here's thing whitey has said in this thread and thinks he's not trolling:

Nikola Jokic is better than Thomas?

giphy.gif

I have no more time for this.

If you think Kemba Walker and Nikola Jokic are better than Isaiah Thomas, you've completely lost the plot. Just keep posting here about how smart you are every time he misses a shot, and when he finishes sixth in the MVP voting I'm sure you'll come explain away how stupid everyone else is in the entire basketball watching universe, and you are the only one who has it figured out.

Because you are the only human being who thinks both Jokic and Walker are better than him, unless they have some common mistress that they share who also happens to hate Boston as much as you.

-YTC

NML

That was pre-injury that was serious enough that the Celtics completely rebuilt their roster

He’s also played like ten games so maybe he’s still good

doh

Lakers have no reason to buy out IT or Frye. Both contracts expire at the end of the year. The Lakers don't have their 1st round pick this year, so they have no incentive to sit either player.
They have a big reason to buy out IT-- he's not exactly been a great teammate in Cleveland and it'll screw with the development of Ball.

NML

Didn’t want to give up a first for Tyreke (which makes sense) and can only add another piece post-buyouts.

evil1

Didn’t want to give up a first for Tyreke (which makes sense) and can only add another piece post-buyouts.
I think the Celtics are still targeting next season and beyond as their window for the championship.

This year's Celtics team + Tyreke isn't going to beat Golden State (or Houston). Next year's team with the return of Hayward + maybe one more move could possibly beat Golden State.

Reactions: NML

NML

Yeah, agreed @evil1

They are too inconsistent at this point anyways - they are probably the best constructed roster in the East but the Cavs and Raptors could both beat them over seven