• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

evil1

not tanking and must embrace 2 max players in the offseason.

bummer randle is likely gone tho.

If I am the Lakers, I strongly reconsider any long term plans that involve getting rid of Randle. I think he has played extremely well this season. I don't expect the Lakers to land two top free agents this summer. That can be a good thing because it may allow the Lakers to keep Randle.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
This players only stuff is cool.

I think KG would be a fun dude to chill and smoke with. I hated that guy for about 95% of his career.

He was a beast in nba live for a while, haha

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I feel like this dude is about 75% Neanderthal blood

267x267_i.png

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Western playoff race going to be lit in March. So many teams playing for the honor of not getting swept by the Rockets/Warriors until the 2nd round.

Brick

i thought bomani jones twitter was blocked on this site. he falls for trog traps more than anyone in the history of the internet.

CJ_24

If the Walsh canzono character's nonsense is tolerated, Mr. Jones presence is certainly allowed.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I love Cuban being hit with a $600,000 fine for admitting that teams tank.

Create a ruleset that explicitly rewards teams for finishing last; forbid everyone to mention it.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni

Create a ruleset that explicitly rewards teams for finishing last; forbid everyone to mention it.
the funniest part is Cuban was the one two years ago who said he’d never tank and it wasn’t worth it.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison

While I don't think they will ever totally get rid of the lottery, they need to come up with some system where more obtainable goals can be met.

Idk, none of this shit will probably work but from what I've read, it seems like moving to a tiered system like they have in soccer might work. I'm no expert so please explain if I'm not doing a good job but,

They should definitely get rid of one and done. Prop up their own g-league but leave the option to attend college in the event you aren't picked up.

If you go to college, at least two years.

Right now, only about 6/30 teams have a legit shot at the finals. Break up the league into sub leagues and have them play for some title or something. The winners of those leagues then battle for a shot of the world title.

NML

He said “like soccer” but it seems like he means baseball - ability to be drafted right out of high school (and likely spend a year or two in the G-League developing), but if not, attend college but be forced to spend at least two seasons there.

G-League doesn’t have the resources, while college basketball does, for that to be viable though. Baseball works in that sense because a player can get as good of coaching, fan notice, and facilities in minor league ball as he can in college

NML

The only way to get long term competition throughout all 30 teams would be a hard cap and removal of the luxury tax

sayo

YEET
The only way to get long term competition throughout all 30 teams would be a hard cap and removal of the luxury tax
And remove the max. Orlando should be able to offer LeBron 80m/yeah if they have the cap space.

NML

And remove the max. Orlando should be able to offer LeBron 80m/yeah if they have the cap space.

For sure - but the players union will never let that happen

A single, hard salary cap is feasible and could be pushed for if the tanking continues

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Remove the luxury tax and use the hard cap with non-rookie contracts tied to a percentage of the salary cap. The first year of the contract creates a contract floor in which the salary would remain if the cap decreases for any reason.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That was the most disrespectful thing I've seen on a basketball court in some time. I've never seen someone break ankles and wait 4 seconds while staring at the guy trying to get up.