• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Yeah, I like all the stuff saying he made a crossover that put the guy down. It looked like it was more the shove that did it.

Trade that bitch.

Soonerfan09

I don’t care who Harden plays for, his style of play is trash and he constantly gets away with pushing off, traveling, bailout calls, etc. (seemingly a lot more than the other superstars). It sucks because he is actually good enough that he doesn’t need to and would be entertaining to watch otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soonerfan09

I’m sorry, I thought we were talking about Harden.
I have no issues with the way Westbrook plays, but I hate his constant whining. Aside from that, he’s one of the few superstars that actually hustles and will dive on a loose ball. Blake Griffin is another.
Do Utopians just resort to trolling when they have no clue what they are talking about?

sayo

YEET
They're both not very fun to watch. Russ is that guy you hate playing with cause he pounds the ball and takes dumb shots. Harden plays like an asshole and just fishes for calls half the time.

Harden is the better player tho. He's one of the best perimeter offensive players of this generation. Tbf, nobody saw THIS coming when he was traded.

DanishDonut0

I’m sorry, I thought we were talking about Harden.
I have no issues with the way Westbrook plays, but I hate his constant whining. Aside from that, he’s one of the few superstars that actually hustles and will dive on a loose ball. Blake Griffin is another.
Do Utopians just resort to trolling when they have no clue what they are talking about?

Don't see any Okie homerism at all here.

kingssc

lol-duck.gif

sayo

YEET
Russ, the guy who is one of the least active players off the ball in the NBA (I think Wall is up there as well) and abbelow average defender "hustles". Jlawyeahokay.gif

People think he plays hard cause he talks shit and yells when he dunks .

sayo

YEET
Nah. I'd rather have Lillard moving forward. He's played better than him this season and his game will age better (also not getting paid 40m/year when he's 32 or whatever).

Brick

RUSS just a team killer. Pelicans and Blazers have a better record than a team with Carmelo, RUSS, George, and ADAMS (the new SERGE)?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I would play in the G League just to get off a team with RUSS and Rondo. I probably should request one.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, I like all the stuff saying he made a crossover that put the guy down. It looked like it was more the shove that did it.

Trade that bitch.

It wasn't the shove so you can rest easy. It was his ankle giving out as you can see clearly from any angle you watch from

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I don’t care who Harden plays for, his style of play is trash and he constantly gets away with pushing off, traveling, bailout calls, etc. (seemingly a lot more than the other superstars). It sucks because he is actually good enough that he doesn’t need to and would be entertaining to watch otherwise.

In the nba you can throw chicken wings all day just can’t extend that arm fully. Harden also masters hanging his dribble to get what looks like an extra step in there.

Some people hate it (cough butthurt thunder fans) but guys like him have mastered keys of the game that make it outright impressive to watch. Harden is just on another level right now.

And as athletic as Westbrook is the dude is a pretty poor 3 point shooter that gambles on defense, often gets lost, and does nothing to help generate movement when he doesn’t have the ball. Something that spans two coaching staffs. I don’t think a Westbrook team will ever win a shamp for these reasons.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In the nba you can throw chicken wings all day just can’t extend that arm fully. Harden also masters hanging his dribble to get what looks like an extra step in there.

Some people hate it (cough butthurt thunder fans) but guys like him have mastered keys of the game that make it outright impressive to watch. Harden is just on another level right now.

And as athletic as Westbrook is the dude is a pretty poor 3 point shooter that gambles on defense, often gets lost, and does nothing to help generate movement when he doesn’t have the ball. Something that spans two coaching staffs. I don’t think a Westbrook team will ever win a shamp for these reasons.

A lot of people hate it, it's just that they still respect him outside of Oklahoma. RUSS has also been a lot better this year on a lot of negatives that have been more costly in the past. But arguing between the two is apples to oranges. Sure they're both fruit, but they're nothing alike since one relies on world class skill and one relies on world class athleticism. One relies on leaving physical carnage in his wake and one relies on murdering the other team efficiently.

I'd still rather have RUSS on my team as a fan, but Harden is the better player for every reason but emotional.

Also I'm extremely happy that Dame is starting to get the recognition he deserves. Playing for Portland in the regular season can sometimes make it hard for people to see what he's doing

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm just glad nearly every team has a reason to watch. It started down this path a few years ago, but it's pretty insane right now if you compare this to the mid 00s.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I'm just glad nearly every team has a reason to watch. It started down this path a few years ago, but it's pretty insane right now if you compare this to the mid 00s.
I think its more insane that theres a 'reason to watch' every team but yet the playoffs last year were COMPLETE GARBAGE. I know sayo's already pounding one out for the playoffs where the only open question is how quickly does Harden get to the strip club after going 2-18 with 14 turnovers to get swept by GSW.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I think the 07-08 Timberwolves may be the most uninteresting team in the history of the NBA. The only even slightly memorable players are Al Jefferson and Corey Brewer lmao

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 9.36.04 AM.png