• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
FWIW he hated Gilbert 4 years ago but still came back. I know things were different then.

IMO if he stays or to keep him they would need to move Love and Thompson to free up room for a legit #2 option (I have no clue who this could be). Maybe with Thompson having a decent playoffs they can move him and his contract somehow. Stranger things have happened I guess. Probably for this to happen and not get a #2 on a 1 year deal would be for LeBron to commit for another 3-4 years, which I don't think he would do. Smith, Hill, Green and Korver are all on the wrong side of 30 as well and not getting any better.

I mean I don't think this team sniffs the playoffs without LeBron, let alone get to the finals.

My guess is he leaves, Cavs trade Love for mediocre youth talent and keep the #8 pick.

sayo

YEET
Things were definitely different. He's already delivered a title and doesn't owe Cleveland shit.

He doesn't have many destinations that make sense basketball-wise but we've seen crazy shit happen when players want to really play together (for instance, he and cp3 are fas this summer).

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I really don't see the Lakers, but I don't think he's coming back to Cleveland. I've heard rumors about him going to Philly, that certainly would be hella FUN but Lebron in Philly seems weird.

Nuggets could use a legit SF

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
"Things were different" in the case of Cleveland had Kyrie and the #1 pick. Cleveland was the best landing spot for him to win a title the same way it was 4 years prior to goto the Heat.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
"Things were different" in the case of Cleveland had Kyrie and the #1 pick. Cleveland was the best landing spot for him to win a title the same way it was 4 years prior to goto the Heat.

Nobody thought he was gonna win a title any time soon when he went to the Cavs

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Okay? Vegas isn’t trying to predict who will win, they’re trying to make money

Everyone I remember reading said it would take him a few years to win until they traded for Love

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Okay? Vegas isn’t trying to predict who will win, they’re trying to make money

Everyone I remember reading said it would take him a few years to win until they traded for Love
Do you know how odds are calculated?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Go read the articles when he came back. The majority were not saying joining Kyrie and Wiggins was an insta win situation because they weren’t stupid

If he were joining the best team set up to win, he would’ve joined the Spurs team that just won

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The majority of the articles were talking about trading Love for Wiggins. It was a giant open secret Lebron signing meant Wiggins was out for someone to join “the new big 3” and Love was the target. A lot of the delay on that move was Cleveland had to wait a certain number of days before they could actually execute a Wiggins trade due to league rules of recently drafted players.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Warriors in 5 again. I hate the nutpuncher but it's lame he couldn't play, the Warriors second half surge was extremely predictable and the lack of experienced playmakers for Celtics were always gonna doom them in a Game 7.

Definitely some valid complaints in here about how often these games are determined by who is chucking 3's when they're not falling. 7 game series where both teams rarely play well kind of suck.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Can someone bring up the old Love-Wiggins debate? The Cavs ended up giving up nothing for Love. Wiggins about to make $30m/year to be an average NBA starter.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
how many games have you seen wiggins play?

OR

are you reading the script?
0 and I ain't reading nothing. He can actually play defense and he can do more on offense than stand by the three point line. Pretty much everyone who plays with Lebron is better than without him except Kevin love.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
0 and I ain't reading nothing. He can actually play defense and he can do more on offense than stand by the three point line. Pretty much everyone who plays with Lebron is better than without him except Kevin love.
you are really overrating his impact on defense

but if you are comparing him solely to Love, then yea, he should be all nba first team

sayo

YEET
In a vacuum, give me Love. He's proven to be a solid player on a playoff team and he's someone you can trust. His shooting is on another tier compared to wiggins and that's way more valuable than shot creation on a team with lebron.

He's severely underqualified to be the second best player on a championship team but has definitely proven to be able to play as the third guy.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
His head doesn't work anymore though, he's going to have to retire because of concussions at this rate

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Never should have pulled the trigger on the Love for Wiggins swap. Wiggins would have dem young legs to play D and you have enough scoring with James and Kyrie.

You can hide one subpar defensive player, it's hard to hide 2 of them (3 if you count JR Smith).

Takes we got hot takes

http://www.nutopiasports.com/forum/...6-nba-season-thread.1460/page-193#post-434034

Kevin Love vs Klay Thompson

I was on the right side of history with these blistering takes:

Shaun Livingston is a nice player/pick-up, but I do not trade Klay Thompson for Kevin Love. Build around that back court.

http://www.nutopiasports.com/forum/...nba-off-season-thread.660/page-43#post-100672

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
In a vacuum, give me Love. He's proven to be a solid player on a playoff team and he's someone you can trust. His shooting is on another tier compared to wiggins and that's way more valuable than shot creation on a team with lebron.

He's severely underqualified to be the second best player on a championship team but has definitely proven to be able to play as the third guy.
Plus love > Klay Thompson

evil1

Can someone bring up the old Love-Wiggins debate? The Cavs ended up giving up nothing for Love. Wiggins about to make $30m/year to be an average NBA starter.

I thought the Love for Wiggins trade was dumb because it was Love + his $25 million/per year contract for Wiggins and his $6 million/year rookie deal.

NML

Anyone following the Bryan Colangelo story?

Dude had a few twitter burner accounts and ripped on Hinkie, Jalil Okafor, and basically everyone other than Ben Simmons over the course of a couple years - including tweeting out medical information on Okafor (begging for writers to ask about a story on him failing physicals) and complimenting hisself

DeaVx84U0AAjTdH

KD must be so proud

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I'm dying how The Ringer honey potted him by sending him only two of the five accounts and then watched the other three be completely locked down :laughing:

Last edited:

Bucksin04

Anyone following the Bryan Colangelo story?

Dude had a few twitter burner accounts and ripped on Hinkie, Jalil Okafor, and basically everyone other than Ben Simmons over the course of a couple years - including tweeting out medical information on Okafor (begging for writers to ask about a story on him failing physicals) and complimenting hisself

DeaVx84U0AAjTdH

KD must be so proud

Two ways this gets funnier:

1. It turns out that Hinkie was the one operating 4 of the 5 burner accounts, posing as Colangelo. Theory laid out here:

and

2. This leads to Colangelo's firing, the 76ers hire David Griffin to take his place, Griff recruits LeBron to PHI in the offseason, PHI destroys BOS in the playoffs the next 5-7 years and Bill Simmons' site is ultimately the catalyst of Boston wasting their window of contention with their core.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Hinkie theory doesn't make sense tho. Why would the three non-disclosed accounts go private and unfollow Colangelo related accounts after the e-mail to the Sixers? Hinkie wouldn't see that e-mail.

Reel

Community Liaison
get his ass tf outta here

they tried to nail KD to the cross for his shit...

i hope they flame tf outta him

MSUFanatic

Who actually gives a fuck? Billionaires and dude's like Trump get so butt hurt about random internet shit. Even if B-Burner is running around posting shit on Twitter who cares? The only tampering shit is when he's divulging health information or trying to lure FAs. If he wants to have a bunch of burner accounts to harp on his players about dancing at Meek Mill I don't really care that much.

Guess it's because I assume all Twitter accounts are Russian bots.

NML

I imagine Joel Embiid gives a fuck if the guy making decisions about the team is creating accounts to spew shit about him. I bet Jalil Okafor gives a fuck that someone is trying to leak his medical history to make hisself look better.

He's also petty as fuck with the Hinkie-bashing and propping hisself up

MSUFanatic

I imagine Joel Embiid gives a fuck if the guy making decisions about the team is creating accounts to spew shit about him. I bet Jalil Okafor gives a fuck that someone is trying to leak his medical history to make hisself look better.

He's also petty as fuck with the Hinkie-bashing and propping hisself up

Ya which is what I said... Anything about tampering or HIPPA issues, sure it's a problem, other than that who cares?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ya which is what I said... Anything about tampering or HIPPA issues, sure it's a problem, other than that who cares?

This is kind of where I'm at initially. I'm not really sure why it's a big deal outside of the Sixers org. Is it really a HIPPA violation to say he probably failed a physical? Actually it probably is at this point.

Reel

Community Liaison
This is kind of where I'm at initially. I'm not really sure why it's a big deal outside of the Sixers org. Is it really a HIPPA violation to say he probably failed a physical? Actually it probably is at this point.

this the same organization that withheld information about Jrue's injury and made the trade knowing that there were other issues

fuck them

Brick

no one cares about the pels. my wife litrully has never watched a pels game but wants the warriors to win so "it makes the pels look better".

giphy.gif

Brick

it's really shameless and transparent how the media is sandbagging the cavs, like they have no chance at all, so they can call lebron TEH GOAT if they win the series.