• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I would hesitate to consider a 7th seed and a first round exit the indubitable equivalent of excited. But that's just me. Enjoyable, maybe.
fireman-hose-nozzle-1.jpg

evil1

Minnesota might be a 7 seed this year, but that in and of itself is a significant improvement and they could certainly develop into one of the top 4 teams in 2-3 years.

sayo

YEET
@Liam the ending of that Memphis Portland game was such a shit show. Three deadball fouls were called on inbound plays. Refs were out of their minds all over the league tonight.

NML

Pacers currently with a better record than OKC. Oladipo averaging 23 a night and Sabonis is averaging a double double

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Pacers currently with a better record than OKC. Oladipo averaging 23 a night and Sabonis is averaging a double double
Jrue put Oladipo in jail last night...that defense was awesome!

Boogie and Brow doing Boogie and Brow things

NML

Anyone watching tonight?

C’s are due for some regression after winning nine straight, plus Horford is out, so they’ll probably drop it and we can hear the narrative that it’s the LONZO EFFECT

evil1

It won't be because of the Lonzo effect, it will be because the East is the JV conference.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Although I do think people are hitting the panic button about them too early. Let's see how they look in a month before declaring this roster (and Donovan) a failure.

NML

For sure. Melo hasn’t done anything to make me change my mind on him being a black hole for a franchise, but PG13 and RUSS alone should carry a team to the top four.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Sometimes Melo is the only one scoring/generating offense, and he's better on defense than I expected. George has disappeared at times, and RUSS has been too concerned with deferring to them instead of being RUSS (which is what they want). The overall defense has been pretty gr8 so far, just need the offense to start clicking. Adams having shooters to give him space to work has improved his game a ton; it was what he was missing last season.

NML

He runs their offense well. When he’s off the court, they are horrendous. I’m not undecided on his defense.

But he can’t shoot. He can’t score near the rim. That limits his upside so much.

i can see the Kidd comparisons, but while Kidd was a below average shooter, he at least had some ability to keep people honest. Not sure Lonzo has that (yet)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
idk, he's shooting 29% so it's pretty safe to say he doesnt have the "keep them honest" trait yet

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Why are people shocked he isn't a good shooter? Errybody has seen his form, right? lol looks like some 10 year old kid that has to shoot that way just to get it up to the 10ft rim. He never changed and his disphit dad never corrected him because he is a big baller and not a corch.

sayo

YEET
He shot 40% from 3 in college doe. At least that's what I hear all the time (I think I saw him play for like 10 mins at UCLA).

CJ_24

Melo may have passed Iverson on the all-time scoring list, but he'll never pass Iverson in the hearts of hoops fans.

evil1

I think the main reason why OKC is having problems clicking on offense is because they don't appear to have an overarching offensive philosophy. It is give the ball to Russ/Melo/George at the three point line and watch them do "something". I'm not sure what kind of offense Billy Donovan wants to run.