• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

Bucksin04

Is it tho? Doubtful Kawhi resigns there next year.

People thought PG was 100% headed to LA after last year too. Toronto got a top 5 player in the league without giving up OG or Siakam, got Danny Green to boot, and got out from DDR's contract which was...not great.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Rooting for the meteor.

giphy.gif

MSUFanatic

People thought PG was 100% headed to LA after last year too. Toronto got a top 5 player in the league without giving up OG or Siakam, got Danny Green to boot, and got out from DDR's contract which was...not great.

A top 5 player if he actually plays and if he's fully healed from whatever vagina tear ailed him last year.

That's a pretty big assumption.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
A top 5 player if he actually plays and if he's fully healed from whatever vagina tear ailed him last year.

That's a pretty big assumption.
His injury, I believe, is a degenerative one. He’s been dealing with it for years. Who knows if he’ll be what he was in ‘16-‘17 though.

Hope the best for him, but what a fucking little bitch he’s been about this whole process. I’m all about the players and their ability to have control but damn he really could have handled this slightly better. Lol. Fuck his “camp” in particular. Gonna miss his defense and smooth midrange game tho

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Is it tho? Doubtful Kawhi resigns there next year.
Who cares? They got rid of DeRozen contract and gave up nothing for the chance that Kawhi plays for them. Also EVERYONE said Paul George was for sure going to Lakers and OKC had no chance.

Genius by Toronto. Get out of bad future money and just roll the dice. Now they're up with Celts/Tankers in East if Kawhi decides he wants to play basketball.

evil1

Who cares? They got rid of DeRozen contract and gave up nothing for the chance that Kawhi plays for them. Also EVERYONE said Paul George was for sure going to Lakers and OKC had no chance.

Genius by Toronto. Get out of bad future money and just roll the dice. Now they're up with Celts/Tankers in East if Kawhi decides he wants to play basketball.

I don't think the DeRozan contract is that bad. It has three years left at $28 mil per year for a 28 year old who just made the All NBA 2nd-team and was 8th overall in MVP voting. I think Lowry's and Ibaka's contracts are more problematic.

doh

I don't think the DeRozan contract is that bad. It has three years left at $28 mil per year for a 28 year old who just made the All NBA 2nd-team and was 8th overall in MVP voting. I think Lowry's and Ibaka's contracts are more problematic.
Yeah but trading him allows them to maneuver a lot more should Leonard never play for them or leave after a year. I mean it's pretty much set in stone with the way the Raptors were constructed they couldn't make moves and wouldn't do shit in the playoffs. They needed to shuffle the deck.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Yeah but trading him allows them to maneuver a lot more should Leonard never play for them or leave after a year. I mean it's pretty much set in stone with the way the Raptors were constructed they couldn't make moves and wouldn't do shit in the playoffs. They needed to shuffle the deck.
The NBA is so fucking crazy financially

doh

All Atlanta got out of it was a 2022 1st? WTF? I know they want to get out of Shroder because of off the court stuff but lawd another Presti FLEECE

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
All Atlanta got out of it was a 2022 1st? WTF? I know they want to get out of Shroder because of off the court stuff but lawd another Presti FLEECE
what would you have given up to get rid of melo

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Couldn't Shroder be deported tho? So in that case his entire contract is voided... Will presti start funding the prosecution?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY

And it's only a protected first.

Sorry for the Twitter bomb but I'm on my phone and I'm not about to type all that shit out.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Hawks should’ve asked for two firsts if the Rhubarb flame out in the first round and RUSS chucks more than 35 shots a game in the series next year

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Idk man... anything really. Theyre saving $50m or something. If they stretched him too it wouldve pushed then into the tax in the future.
If they just took him for cap room then yeah. Schroder was just about impossible to move with his salary/effort/legal trouble and OKC could only give up that first rounder because their 2020 first rounder is already traded.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
But if you're deported does that void the contract? Gilbert got paid IIRC so the felony doesn't matter
There is a CBA clause that could allow them to attempt it but it’s unlikely. I did read that if the league suspends the player then only half his salary counts.