• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2017-2018 Lithuanian Basketball Federation Thread

NML

It’s possible that the NML brand is also running meaningless soccer friendlies in Lithuania so I can prop up my children in five years

But probably not

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I haven't read anything regarding their thoughts on the matter because I only hear from LaVar and I could give a fuck what he says about anything. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them wasn't too keen on it, I mean LiAngelo was forced to thank Trump publicly after the China thing and it was a pretty robotic performance. I don't expect them to publicly diss their father regardless, is what I'm saying.

But you're right, I don't REALLY know what they want, I'm talking from my own personal experience growing up as well as my siblings. I believe they love their father but are too naive to realize this Walter White "I DO THIS FOR MY FAMILY" shit is really all about him.
i can see your pov, but i dont think he will disown any of his sons should they decide today or tomorrow, they never want to play basketball again

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
i dont think its as unlimited as you say, so maybe thats an exaggeration on your part, but lets say there are...again, whats wrong with more?

BBB is either gonna attract some and gain popularity or fade into oblivion b/c no one wants to play for anything associated with Ball

im fine with either of these outcomes
What in the blue fuck are you talking about?

DanishDonut0

But he's created some nice business opportunities for his sons, that, with the exception of Lonzo, might not have happened otherwise.

If moving them to the last place team in Lithuania, where they are riding the bench so much that you have to create some tournament against other (awful) youths is a nice business opportunity...

PARTICIPATION-TROPHY.jpg

Reel

Community Liaison
If moving them to the last place team in Lithuania, where they are riding the bench so much that you have to create some tournament against other (awful) youths is a nice business opportunity...
where are your shoes that you've created Danish?

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Didn't even read past this. Ho lee fuk man are you serious? Now I know you are trolling. I don't even follow the NBA and the only stories I have heard about Lonzo relate to his father ripping the Lakers corches and making an ass out of hisself weekly.

Can you even name the father of a single other professional athlete that didn't already have fame prior to becoming the father of a pro? That should tell you something right there. This shit isn't normal and it is fucked up and exploitative.

Marv Marinovich, maybe. Let's ask Todd how that worked out for him.

Reel

Community Liaison
An option for what exactly? Fathers pulling their kids out of college and high school because he’s mad at them to play traveling circus?
if thats what you wanna call it...ok

so lavar ball is the only parent ever in the history of parenting to remove their child from a school b/c of a sports related issue?

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
if thats what you wanna call it...ok

so lavar ball is the only parent ever in the history of parenting to remove their child from a school b/c of a sports related issue?
What benefit does what He did benefit anyone else?

Reel

Community Liaison
What benefit does what He did benefit anyone else?

what if both his sons didnt want to play for their respective schools anymore?

do you believe that's a possibility? if you believe that is a possibility, could it also be possible that the reason he was so vocal about removing them was to protect any backlash that his sons would've gotten had they come out and said they didnt wanna play for their respective schools?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I wouldn't call pandering to retards a skill per se but it's necessary to be successful in any mainstream scale business

Fair point, maybe I should say it's the enabling that the pandering creates that's the real issue.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I have said in other threads that I don't really care if a player wants to play in Europe rather than go to college. LaMelo doesn't even have a fucking HS diploma though lol. That's bad parenting.

DanishDonut0

where are your shoes that you've created Danish?

What shoes? I've seen enough coverage of BBB to know how exactly 0 of the BBB shoes look like. Something I've created is going through edits on being published in a medical journal. With a high end 3D printer I could prototype better shoes in less than a month.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
what if both his sons didnt want to play for their respective schools anymore?

do you believe that's a possibility? if you believe that is a possibility, could it also be possible that the reason he was so vocal about removing them was to protect any backlash that his sons would've gotten had they come out and said they didnt wanna play for their respective schools?
I just hope you remember writing this when your daughter is 15 and no longer wants to goto high school.

Reactions: NML

Reel

Community Liaison
What shoes? I've seen enough coverage of BBB to know how exactly 0 of the BBB shoes look like. Something I've created is going through edits on being published in a medical journal. With a high end 3D printer I could prototype better shoes in less than a month.
Cool

When you do, let me know so I can try and support

Reel

Community Liaison
I just hope you remember writing this when your daughter is 15 and no longer wants to goto high school.
Why are you twisting my words?

I never said he didn't want to go to high school. I said what if he didn't want to play for that coach.

What's the difference between someone getting all their high school credits being home schooled vs the traditional methods?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
LaVar Ball plans on pulling his son, LaMelo, out of Chino Hills High School and will home-school him for LaMelo's final two years before college.
"I'm not dealing with the coach over there," LaVar told ESPN. "I'm not dealing with the administration over there. I don't want no distractions on Melo. So therefore I'm going to home-school him and make him the best basketball player ever."
Chino Hills hired Dennis Latimore as its new head coach in May, replacing Stephan Gilling, who was the head coach for one season. Gilling replaced Steve Baik after the 2015-16 season, with Baik stepping down despite Chino Hills having an unbeaten season. Latimore played basketball at Arizona and Notre Dame.
LaMelo said Monday was his last day at Chino Hills, but is excited about this change in his scholastic life, "because I can spend all my time now and dedication into it instead of going to school and doing book work," LaMelo Ball told ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20898447/lavar-ball-homeschooling-lamelo-no-distractions

Neither of them are going to college anymore obviously so I'm just going to assume based on this he's not even being schooled at all.

bruin

@bruin gonna be so hard at this thread's post count after he gets back from the rub'n'tug or Neyland.

LMFAO. This thread is 4 pages and I've posted like twice in here. Nutopia needs to lighten up. Go blame BLUMPF some more or pick out your pink pussy hats.

My wood can drill oil right now.

DanishDonut0

Why are we talking about exhibition games? Practice game stats? You gonna start telling us how many layups they made in practice?

What's even more funny is they dropped out of the Baltic league that has teams from four other countries, to create their own tournament made up of one other team in the top division and 4 in lower divisions (2 which are reserve squads).

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni

@Reel was Tryin to @cartman you with the “accomplished nothing of note professionally” angle.

Reel

Community Liaison
@Reel was Tryin to @cartman you with the “accomplished nothing of note professionally” angle.
lol

look, im not apologizing or caping for his antics. I do think once he became too self aware of his character (think wrassling), he had to double down to keep up the persona, and it has made some people feel uncomfortable to the point where they write off anything he does, even if he feels that it helps his family...no walter white

again, I can appreciate that he's trying to start his own brand, create his sons own signature shoe, and try to create opportunities for other kids who may not otherwise have one. Everyone gets in an uproar about what he has done for his sons, but again, by all accounts from things that i've read, what seems to go unnoticed are the things he does for other people's children. Now, depending on whether you give a fuck or not, i think thats pretty commendable even through all the other bullshit that comes with him.

this is the thing though, like anything else in life that you dont like or want to support, what do you do? you stop giving it attention. If you dont like ESPN covering him...stop watching ESPN. If you dont like reading about him on your Twitter timeline...mute anything that has to do with him.

Lavar isnt forcing hisself on people. They give him a microphone and a camera and he speaks.

Whether his BBB league succeeds or is a total failure, i couldnt care less, but i do think its cool af that he tried to do something on his own w/o riding the coattails of someone else.

NML

, and try to create opportunities for other kids who may not otherwise have one

Can you lank lanks to a single story like this? I've never read one

I can post several of him trying to get various people fired doe

i do think its cool af that he tried to do something on his own w/o riding the coattails of someone else.

Well I'd argue he's riding the coattails of his sons' talent

Reel

Community Liaison
Can you lank lanks to a single story like this? I've never read one

I can post several of him trying to get various people fired doe

Well I'd argue he's riding the coattails of his sons' talent

i think it was a video about his family before the facebook shit...im doing my googles now

again, i'm not absolving him from that kinda behavior, if you feel i have, find the quote

Re: coattails
i disagree, but that is your opinion

NML

i think it was a video about his family before the facebook shit...im doing my googles now

again, i'm not absolving him from that kinda behavior, if you feel i have, find the quote

Re: coattails
i disagree, but that is your opinion

I think you’ll be doing ur googles for a while because it doesn’t exist

And you are absolving him by saying “this non-douchebag stuff that he does (which doesn’t exist) is cool even though there’s this massive amount of douche baggery happening”

It’d be like me defending Trump with “well I’m a fan of his tax policy” despite the huge pile of shit he is otherwise

Schauwn

And you are absolving him by saying “this non-douchebag stuff that he does (which doesn’t exist) is cool even though there’s this massive amount of douche baggery happening”

It’d be like me defending Trump with “well I’m a fan of his tax policy” despite the huge pile of shit he is otherwise
Good one. :laughing:

Reel

Community Liaison

ok

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Lavar is definitely riding his oldest son's coattails, but I'd almost say his younger sons are riding off of hissself's own coattails. Does anyone care about them outside of people who follow Rivals religiously if Lavar is just a generic personality? At least they are famous now (in both the US and Lithuania!) which opens up some new doors for them down the road (even if the normal doors, aka an education, have been closed)

DanishDonut0

The successful coaches he got fired (and maybe there has been more than two? don't know) are someone else's children @Reel .. so unnoticed!

Back to @Wuf mentioning LaMelo not having a HS diploma, that'll be a non-issue. They're already on trajectory to becoming kardashian level fame regardless of how any of their careers pan out.

Reel

Community Liaison
The successful coaches he got fired (and maybe there has been more than two? don't know) are someone else's children @Reel .. so unnoticed!

Back to @Wuf mentioning LaMelo not having a HS diploma, that'll be a non-issue. They're already on trajectory to becoming kardashian level fame regardless of how any of their careers pan out.

cool

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

I think you've got your outrage directed at the wrong place if you believe that Lavar Ball got 2 successful corches fired.

-YTC