• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

chibob

Bob Bradley to Hull?

Makes a lot of sense - Bob's well known for getting the most out of a small budget and would be a good choice to keep them up. Plus the owners are from Egypt, where Bucket Bob was the MNT manager for a WC qualifying cycle.

Quite a strong team too. Was much stronger than Championship level. Will be interesting to see how they do.

NML

You ever get payed for last year?

get payed

Mother-Of-God.jpg

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Friendship ended with STOKE CITY

Now WEST HAM is my best friend

DanishDonut0

Clattenburg's new tattoos :laughing: I don't know if I can believe it or not

Also I'll be in a money league with friends for fantasy so I'd be down to stick my team in the nutopia league, maybe not if it's for money depending on the stakes.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Angelino back too, I think he gon be nasty

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It's almost a guarantee that anybody you lot get excited about will get about two appearances as a substitute a year. Or break through and get critically injured.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So Gabriel got hurt in Arsenal's last friendly. Now Arsenal's defensive pairing for the first game is probably going to be a Koscielny who probably isn't into game shape yet and either Chambers, who Wenger seems to not like that much right now, or a 20 year old who was playing in the Championship last season. For being such a successful team, their approach to transfers is an utter gong show.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Well... it's about that time. Predictions for the new year? Here are mine:

Champions: Manchester City
Champions League: Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal (although I'd put someone else here if they don't sign a defender by the end of the transfer window)
Europa League: Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham
Relegated: Middlesbrough, Hull City, Crystal Palace

I think it's going to be a fun, wide open year. I think there are 6 teams that could legitimately have a shot at the title, and I don't think there's anyone that's really a lock to go down. Plus, I think there are big question marks at every big team.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Don't worry they're signing Lacazette. Probably not to play CB, but who knows!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Why Palace to be relegated?

They had such an awful second half of the year, and Pardew as a manager struggles the longer his tenure gets. I could see them being shitty until December, firing Pardew and then never getting out of the mire.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
They had such an awful second half of the year, and Pardew as a manager struggles the longer his tenure gets. I could see them being shitty until December, firing Pardew and then never getting out of the mire.

Plus it looks like they are selling Bolasie to Everton.

chibob

Palace did bring in Townsend, logical replacement for Bolasie, up to you on whether the quality is there.

Personally I think Sunderland, Watford and Swansea go down.

Sunderland - no big Sam
Watford - haven't strengthenedother than Isaac Success who is questionable
Swansea - selling all their best players, not buying well. Fer and Llorente wont be enough

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Arsenal is a fucking ponzi scheme. We will only buy a player if their resale value is immediately higher than purchase price, regardless of position. Utter nonsense, because if we invested in a good team and won things, then the resale value would go up regardless.

Kroenke and co are only interested in making short term profits. He's a seriously deficient owner that will be caught up by the cheapening brand at some point. I almost want things to be terrible for a couple of years in order to usher in some kind of change. Although, I'm pretty sure that Kroenke is the type of asshole to hold on to something forever due to ego.

:djscripclub:

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Arsenal is a fucking ponzi scheme. We will only buy a player if their resale value is immediately higher than purchase price, regardless of position. Utter nonsense, because if we invested in a good team and won things, then the resale value would go up regardless.

Kroenke and co are only interested in making short term profits. He's a seriously deficient owner that will be caught up by the cheapening brand at some point. I almost want things to be terrible for a couple of years in order to usher in some kind of change. Although, I'm pretty sure that Kroenke is the type of asshole to hold on to something forever due to ego.

:djscripclub:

Hopefully he's bleeding Arsenal in order to reallocate those funds into building up the Rams. Win-win for me.

(In reality, he'll probably suck the Rams dry too).

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Hopefully he's bleeding Arsenal in order to reallocate those funds into building up the Rams. Win-win for me.

(In reality, he'll probably suck the Rams dry too).

To any business brain, Arsenal is the sounder place to get a return, being very close to success and having all the infrastructure in place, so there is a 0% chance of him doing anything better with the Rams. I would get a head start and set up the pressure groups now. I repeat that there is no way you can hope for as much as he's even doing at Arsenal with the Rams. It's not even worth wishing and hoping for.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
To any business brain, Arsenal is the sounder place to get a return, being very close to success and having all the infrastructure in place, so there is a 0% chance of him doing anything better with the Rams. I would get a head start and set up the pressure groups now. I repeat that there is no way you can hope for as much as he's even doing at Arsenal with the Rams. It's not even worth wishing and hoping for.

I'll send you a Rams SuperBowl Champs t-shirt in February. :trollface:

NML

This game has been fun. Hull barely has a full, healthy starting 11 but they're up 1-0 on Leicester at halftime off a double bicycle kick.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Damn, Hull picked up Bobby Snodgrass? Always liked that guy when he was with Norwich

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Spurs resuming their late season form

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Man City look a shadow of what they were two seasons ago. This is not going to work for them.

tab10

Pep whispering sweet nothings into arteta's ear after the final whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk