• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Season #25 coming up. Looks like the Barclays sponsorship is being dropped. Burnley, Middlesborough, and Hull are the three new teams. Don't know if anyone will be able to stop the Leicester dynasty this year doe.

Ilkay Gundogan was confirmed to Man City today, though I'm guessing most big moves will be done after the Euros. Wonder who the big tournament buy will be.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Arsenal will surely buy some terrible Hungarian flash in the pan 20 year old

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
If Conte can perform this kind of turnaround......

318E41F800000578-0-image-m-197_1456419950441.jpg

antonio-conte-chelsea-graphic_3420876.jpg

......just imagine the magic he'll work with Chelsea next season. Shampship.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Holy shit, I knew he had hair plugs, but I didn't imagine it would be that obvious :laughing: :laughing:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Arsenal apparently triggered the release clause for Vardy. While I would be shocked if he had a season anywhere close to his last one, I think it would be a good move for Arsenal.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Is actually a striker, and satisfies a HG slot. It's not the worst move.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I would expect him to play on the wing mostly. But it also gives more flexibility to have him be able to play as a striker. Could go 2 strikers with him and Giroud. He could play on his own when they just need a counter attacking threat.

tab10

Schedules have been released.

Arsenal kick off the season hosting Liverpool, and then away at Leicester the following week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I think the gravy boat has sailed.

You'll spend, but not like you have done in the past.

In reality, I don't want Chelsea to spend like they have in the past. Buying a handful of uber expensive players and then just hoping they can play together isn't the way to go about it.

And, to use a CFB analogy, I don't want all 5* guys. I want a few blue collar 3* guys who will bust their asses and do the dirty work.

Certainly those elite playmakers are still desirable, but the point is, Roman doesn't need to buy three flashy wingers, or three #10s, all at huge prices. He needs to buy/build a unit that fits together.

bruin

City's new home kit embodies Manchester and the alt brit pop movement in the mid 80's. I just want to listen to The Queen is Dead by looking at them.

ClZX2cyWgAA8Kp9.jpg

Heisman06

After Batshuayi, Koulibaly and Kante seem to be the main targets for Chelsea now that Nainggolan is likely to stay at Roma. Maybe a Morata if Diego leaves. My pipe dream of Pogba isn't happening although ManU is trying their best to get him to the Premier League.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
What is it like trying to get tickets to a game?

I will be in the UK in August, about 30 minutes outside of London and I am hoping to get to Arsenal vs Liverpool on 8/14 or Chelsea v West Ham on the 15th. It looks like the only other game we would be able to attend would be Man U v Bournemouth.

Basically is this something I'd be able to purchase when they go on sale to the general public? Or will I have to go through a reseller or something?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
What is it like trying to get tickets to a game?

I will be in the UK in August, about 30 minutes outside of London and I am hoping to get to Arsenal vs Liverpool on 8/14 or Chelsea v West Ham on the 15th. It looks like the only other game we would be able to attend would be Man U v Bournemouth.

Basically is this something I'd be able to purchase when they go on sale to the general public? Or will I have to go through a reseller or something?

If you sign up as a member, it will be possible, so do that absolutely fucking now, as it's not expensive in comparison to actually buying the tickets anyway.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I would advise you to marry into a landed family while you're there. They probably have some.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I registered as a Chelsea supporter before I went 5 or 6 years ago, and got great seats. Well, "great" in terms of experience. I wanted to be in the Shed End and up close. Which was awesome for the atmosphere; it just meant I was surrounded by toothless barbarians who smelled like their last baths were sometime in 1990s.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Ha! Either one I would be excited to go. We have all Sunday free that week so we are figuring out what to do. We will most likely be in London anyway so might just hit up the game if we can and some pubs and whatever else.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have sling, but I didn't think it had NBC Sports. I used the NBC Sports app on the roku to watch games. I'm not sure if the sling login works for that too like that cable companies.

Overall I think sling is worth it. It's also nice you can cancel and re-up easily without having to go through a bunch of hassle.

tab10

I believe nbcsn is a new addition this year. On the sling blue tier.

How were you able to use NBC sports app without cable/satellite subscription? I thought that was a requirement. Someone loan you an account login??

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I believe nbcsn is a new addition this year. On the sling blue tier.

How were you able to use NBC sports app without cable/satellite subscription? I thought that was a requirement. Someone loan you an account login??

Yeah I just use my parents. They arent gonna use it :laughing:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
So the email password is not the same thing as the Windows password?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So Mertesacker is out for months after hurting his knee, and Koscielny probably won't be ready to start the season because of the Euros. That leaves Arsenal's starting center backs for the first couple of games as Chambers and Gabriel. Odds Wenger buys someone to fill that gap? 4/1?

Just another Arsenal start to the season.

NML

Bob Bradley to Hull?

Makes a lot of sense - Bob's well known for getting the most out of a small budget and would be a good choice to keep them up. Plus the owners are from Egypt, where Bucket Bob was the MNT manager for a WC qualifying cycle.