• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
refs still refereeing the offense and not the defense

you gotta have situational awareness here

that last foul to foul him out HAS to be the foul everyone sees

MSUFanatic

refs still refereeing the offense and not the defense

you gotta have situational awareness here

that last foul to foul him out HAS to be the foul everyone sees

I don't even know what you are talking about and I read your post 4 times trying to determine what part of it is relevant to Embiid flopping like a soft charmin tissue. Drummond was assessed a technical after Embiid flopped, his 2nd of the game, which is an auto ejection. Drummond only had 3 personal fouls to the point.

bruin

I don't even know what you are talking about and I read your post 4 times trying to determine what part of it is relevant to Embiid flopping like a soft charmin tissue. Drummond was assessed a technical after Embiid flopped, his 2nd of the game, which is an auto ejection. Drummond only had 3 personal fouls to the point.

Yeah, I don’t know what tf he’s saying either. But you got to read the man’s post, in shifts.

Reel

Community Liaison
the official is looking at Embiid's reaction instead of Drummond to see if he committed an actual foul

and if you are going to make a call that disqualifies a player at that point in the game, make sure its something EVERYONE sees and not some phantom shit you guessed at b/c you saw someone flail their arms

this better?

MSUFanatic

the official is looking at Embiid's reaction instead of Drummond to see if he committed an actual foul

and if you are going to make a call that disqualifies a player at that point in the game, make sure its something EVERYONE sees and not some phantom shit you guessed at b/c you saw someone flail their arms

this better?

Now that's REEL concise. I gotu.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
zXC6uDR.jpg

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Stern gives no shits.

"[Demps] had agreed to [trade Paul to the Lakers for] Kevin Martin and Luis Scola or something, and I said we can do better than that," Stern said, "... And the next trade was [to the LA Clippers for] Eric Gordon and Al-Farouq Aminu and what we thought was a really great draft pick, the 10th pick, which turned out to be Austin Rivers. At least those three and someone else [center Chris Kaman].

"But Dell Demps is a lousy general manager and none of those players are currently with the team anymore, and he may lose Anthony Davis," Stern said.

Davis, who has proved to be an MVP-caliber player the Pelicans could build their franchise around, is eligible to sign up to a five-year, $235 million extension next summer. Davis, who averaged 28.1 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks per game last year, can become an unrestricted free agent in 2020.

"I did it because I was protecting the then-Hornets," Stern said of the 2011 veto. "... To this day, everyone always asks me, 'Well why did you keep Chris Paul from going to the Lakers?' I didn't keep him. I didn't approve the trade. No team sells or trades a future Hall of Famer without the owner signing off, and I was the owner's rep.

"But I wasn't going to hand up Dell Demps."

On Wednesday night, the Pelicans released a statement supporting Demps and criticized Stern's comments.

"We are very disappointed to read the inappropriate and inaccurate comments from the former NBA Commissioner regarding the New Orleans Pelicans," the club said in a statement. "Our organization has the utmost confidence in our General Manager, Dell Demps. He is a part of our family, the NBA family. We are excited about the direction of our team, the 3-0 start to the season, building on the success of the 2017/18 playoffs. Finally, our organization is excited and proud to be part of the NBA with the progressive and innovative leadership of NBA Commissioner Adam Silver."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ps-new-orleans-pelicans-lousy-general-manager

Reel

Community Liaison
not every GM was fortunate to fleece Brooklyn for an abundance of picks

NML

Fortunate is one way to put it

Demps has been in charge for seven seasons, and over that time frame he’s had as many playoff appearances as he’s had future hall of famers.

Reel

Community Liaison
Fortunate is one way to put it

Demps has been in charge for seven seasons, and over that time frame he’s had as many playoff appearances as he’s had future hall of famers.
they also play in the west too so...dont forget that

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
KAT is soft as fuck. Lose Jimmy and that team isn’t winning shit lol
Not this year or next year or the year after that probably, but having two first round picks in 4 of the next 7 years? That shit is how you build a fucking squad for cheap.

You’d have to be a total idiot sandwich to not take this trade. Jimmy walks at the end of the year anyways. Even if you don’t use the picks they’re the most flexible trade currency in the NBA.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Not this year or next year or the year after that probably, but having two first round picks in 4 of the next 7 years? That shit is how you build a fucking squad for cheap.

You’d have to be a total idiot sandwich to not take this trade. Jimmy walks at the end of the year anyways. Even if you don’t use the picks they’re the most flexible trade currency in the NBA.
Just had to shit on KAT sorry. His performance last night was so bad lol. Literally looks like he ain’t come to play basketball.

But yeah ur dumb if you don’t take it. And it’d make the West ridiculously stacked too. I want it to happen badly

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
This is the best article ever:
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/what-the-hell-happened-to-darius-miles

Let me try to break it down for you. I don’t think people really understand how crazy it is to go from high school to the NBA. And not just to the NBA, but to the damn Los Angeles Clippers.

Pre-social media.

If Twitter had existed back then, it would’ve been a wrap.

Editor’s note: A wrap.

We used to have Alvin Gentry losing his damn mind. We literally showed up for Day One of training camp with Super Soakers.

Editor’s note: Big dumb-ass Super Soakers with the shoulder strap and everything.

I remember we busted in and we were terrorizing everybody, and the OG Derek Strong just looked up from his locker, cold as ice, as he goes, “Don’t you be shooting me with no water.”

We were just kids ― all of us. Me. Q. Lamar Odom. Corey Maggette. Keyon Dooling. We were like a college team. We used to roll everywhere together at least five deep. Imagine in this day and age, five NBA players rolling up to the damn mall together, walking into Macy’s, like What’s Good?

Then we played against Houston, and Moe Taylor had just left the Clippers to go there in the offseason, and this man is looking like he just escaped from a kidnapping or something. He drops like a 30-clip on us, and after every bucket, he’s running past Donald Sterling’s seat, grabbing his damn nuts.

We’re like, Bruh. This is not normal.

That’s when we knew: Something is going on here.

Editor’s note: People ask us about Sterling all the time, looking for crazy stories. But honestly, he wasn’t really around like that. Every once in a while, he would pop into the locker room outta nowhere with all his old-ass friends wearing mink coats and shit. We’d be buck-naked, changing, and he’d say wild-ass stuff, like, “Look at these boys! Look at my beautiful boys!” And we’d just be shooting each other looks like, “Yo! Duh fuuuuuuuuck?”

MSUFanatic

Just had to shit on KAT sorry. His performance last night was so bad lol. Literally looks like he ain’t come to play basketball.

But yeah ur dumb if you don’t take it. And it’d make the West ridiculously stacked too. I want it to happen badly

But what good are the picks? If they aren't in the lottery do they really matter? Just because there's a volume of picks doesn't mean you still won't end up with Girl #0.

And I'm not saying not to take it, but it may not be as much of a lock as it seems.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
But what good are the picks? If they aren't in the lottery do they really matter? Just because there's a volume of picks doesn't mean you still won't end up with Girl #0.

And I'm not saying not to take it, but it may not be as much of a lock as it seems.
This is true but as NML points out you don’t know. Still, more assets with a team clearly not there yet with their young assets and a disgruntled vet wanting to be gone.. what exactly do they think they are going to get to top that at this point?

NML

The last pick would be in 2025 I think? Harden will have retired by then, and with no picks who knows how the team will look at that point.

The issue is you kind of give the middle finger to the fans because you aren’t seeing a return on that for sooooo long (we’re talking literally ten years until that pick will be producing at a high level). But Minny isn’t killing it with attendance anyways, so who cares?

My guess is they haven’t actually received an offer of four first rounders, because they would’ve taken it already. I mean, they gave up three “first rounders” for him (although two of them looked well on their way to never reaching their ceiling) and all that’s happened is he got a year older, a year closer to being able to walk, and became a locker room disruption. Why would the price have gone up?

Reel

Community Liaison
saw the talks with Miami have picked up

so the rumor might just be a play to leverage Miami into giving up some more shit

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
the picks would be 2019-2021-2023-2025. Harden and Capella are signed through 2023. Paul is signed through 2022. The 2019 pick is worthless for sure, the 2021 is probably worthless. 2023 & 2025 could have some lottery value but it's so far out you can't really project. add in we don't know the protections or some of them are just pick swaps. Also, they would have to take on contracts of players who won't bring any value either. I'd pass. The trade deadline is still months away, plenty of time to see what others have to offer.

Without knowing the protections on the picks it's kinda hard to evaluate the offer anyway.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Lonzo with 12-6-8-5, +10

not a peep from last night

Funny to me, Pete!!
He definitely was gumming up the works, although I feel like the Nuggz offense will flow a lot better when Barton comes back. Craig and Millsap have not been good for the offensive spacing despite their defensive prowess

MSUFanatic

He definitely was gumming up the works, although I feel like the Nuggz offense will flow a lot better when Barton comes back. Craig and Millsap have not been good for the offensive spacing despite their defensive prowess

Harris is such a talent, but not demanding enough when it comes to being a focal point of the offense. He's always been a passive guy since MSU, but there were stretches he didn't touch the ball for 5 minutes.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Harris is such a talent, but not demanding enough when it comes to being a focal point of the offense. He's always been a passive guy since MSU, but there were stretches he didn't touch the ball for 5 minutes.
I think he is really blossoming now, he's probably the guy I'd want taking the shot at the end of the game (that buzzer beater against OKC last year comes to mind)

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Demar killing it so far with the spurs. Especially with our guard injuries.

30 points with 12 boards and 8 assists. Didn’t realize he was such a good playmaker.