• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

evil1

I believe it was a decision by the front office. If there is a chance AD will be traded by next week's trade deadline, then there is no sense playing him and risk an injury which might drive down his trade value. The Pelicans coach has stated that AD is willing to continue playing.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Damn he isn't even playing anymore? didn't know that, pretty weak move
a weak move by who? lol

winning at this point does what for them?

then there is the risk that AD gets injured

so what's the point of playing him. People acting like he gonna forget how to play basketball

Reel

Community Liaison
NUGGZ best record in franchise history through 50 games
didnt see the game last night, but it looked like the pels gave them a run late

Kendrich Williams was balling. This is what im looking at for the remainder of the season

getting guys like him, Jah-zilla, and Frank jackson important minutes

GR8 2 B FL G8R

a weak move by who? lol

winning at this point does what for them?

then there is the risk that AD gets injured

so what's the point of playing him. People acting like he gonna forget how to play basketball
It's like they don't know about

THE PROCESS

To build another team to be pooped on by the Dubs

MSUFanatic

That's really not a bad offer per say, but it is so tough to judge what other offers will or could be in the future.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
nah b

dont do that

i asked you a legit question

dont make this into something it aint

so again, why is this considered weak?

I thought AD 1) requested a trade 2) to the Lakers and 3) he was sitting out on his own volition. Now that I've learned that 2 and 3 aren't true I recant my call of weakness.

bruin

Smell that David Stern, you cuck?

200.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Actual NBA fans please assist:

I'm not sure about some of these ERRZ proposals. Aren't Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball some of their secondary pieces that Lebrin is supposed to build around? If they trade them all for AD, they get two of the top 10~ players in the league, but then not much else, right? So they have to build through FA? Wouldn't it make more sense to just wait for DeMarcus Primos (@bruin @bruin228 hermanos) to hit FA and use him as their C instead next year? Obviously AD makes their team better, but I'm just not sure by how much

bruin

Ingram and co. are nice pieces, but LeBron didn't come to LA to build.

you do what you gotta do to get AD and then another superstar (klay possibly)

Josh Hart is the real deal out of all of this

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Yeah, you figure that the roster is gonna get gutted and then molded in Lebron's image in the offseason anyway, I guess why not just start that now.

Reel

Community Liaison
I thought AD 1) requested a trade 2) to the Lakers and 3) he was sitting out on his own volition. Now that I've learned that 2 and 3 aren't true I recant my call of weakness.
thats all you had to say from jump then

i wasnt trying to set you up or anyting

it was a legit question. If what you thought wasnt the case, then what you just posted resolves alla dat

NML

Actual NBA fans please assist:

I'm not sure about some of these ERRZ proposals. Aren't Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball some of their secondary pieces that Lebrin is supposed to build around? If they trade them all for AD, they get two of the top 10~ players in the league, but then not much else, right? So they have to build through FA? Wouldn't it make more sense to just wait for DeMarcus Primos (@bruin @bruin228 hermanos) to hit FA and use him as their C instead next year? Obviously AD makes their team better, but I'm just not sure by how much

None of those players are anything really. I doubt any is ever an all star.

Compared to Davis who is probably a top 100 player of all time (maybe that’s hyperbole but not by much?)

NML

I’m not saying they won’t do it, but surely New Orleans is watching the Erz go 6-11 without LeBron and thinking “do we really just want their team?”

Deal just makes no sense for NO to me to me but enough about me

MSUFanatic

I’m not saying they won’t do it, but surely New Orleans is watching the Erz go 6-11 without LeBron and thinking “do we really just want their team?”

Deal just makes no sense for NO to me to me but enough about me

But the Pels aren't going to get fair market value for AD because there's nothing out there and won't be out there in the summer to net fair market for him.

I'm not sure it's the best deal, but the Lakers going 6-11 means relatively nothing to me when determining the value of the assets getting back. Especially since Kuzma has been day to day with a hip issue and Lonzo hasn't played since the 22nd, coupled with them playing some pretty decent opponents. If I'm the Pelicans I'm probably taking that deal unless you really think Ainge is going to offer you some sort of blockbuster + the Kings pick in the off season, but we also saw how shit the summer plan can work out as do we really think Sabonis Jr. and Oladipo was worth PG13?

It's certainly fun though.

MSUFanatic

Knicks receive: Dennis Smith Jr. Wes Matthews DeAndre Jordan Draft pick Mavs receive: Kristaps Porzingis Courtney Lee Tim Hardaway Jr

Reel

Community Liaison
But the Pels aren't going to get fair market value for AD because there's nothing out there and won't be out there in the summer to net fair market for him.

I'm not sure it's the best deal, but the Lakers going 6-11 means relatively nothing to me when determining the value of the assets getting back. Especially since Kuzma has been day to day with a hip issue and Lonzo hasn't played since the 22nd, coupled with them playing some pretty decent opponents. If I'm the Pelicans I'm probably taking that deal unless you really think Ainge is going to offer you some sort of blockbuster + the Kings pick in the off season, but we also saw how shit the summer plan can work out as do we really think Sabonis Jr. and Oladipo was worth PG13?

well the kings pick might not be so coveted since they appear to be ahead. albeit slightly, of their rebuild

it kinda loses its value it had when they were dysfunctional

NML

Oladipo was playing at an extremely high level (before his injury) since he came to Indy. PG isn’t as good as AD and still there’s no one in that deal at Dipo’s level. Before the injury, I’d say Indy was very happy with the trade.

If anything, I think the way it played out with PG will help the Pels. No one wanted to give great value for George because he said he wanted to play in LA - well he ended up resigning with OKC and everyone is going to feel like they can convince AD too.

The thing is that deal isn’t going to go away if they wait. I saw the “LA won’t go after AD in the summer” report but lol at magic trying to play hard ball. So many options open up if they wait. Boston is going to give them what they want, but there’s other options out there too. What if Philly decides to move Simmons or the Process? What if the #1 pick is available (which I think is what NO really wants)?

evil1

well the kings pick might not be so coveted since they appear to be ahead. albeit slightly, of their rebuild

it kinda loses its value it had when they were dysfunctional

This probably hurts the Celtics the most. The Kings pick (which Boston owns) went from a top 5 pick to a likely 13 or 14 overall pick. It is also protected if it is #1 overall. The Grizzlies picks (which Boston owns) is protected and so won't transfer unless until 2021 unless it is somewhere between 9-14 overall.

N.O. should either wait until the summer to try to ignite a bidding war; or pull the trigger now and go all in for the rebuild for the rest of the season. The rebuild would be nice in that it would likely result in this year's N.O. draft pick falling in the top 10 and almost all of the players the Lakers are offering are just 21 years old (Kuzma is 23).

MSUFanatic

Oladipo was playing at an extremely high level (before his injury) since he came to Indy. PG isn’t as good as AD and still there’s no one in that deal at Dipo’s level. Before the injury, I’d say Indy was very happy with the trade.

If anything, I think the way it played out with PG will help the Pels. No one wanted to give great value for George because he said he wanted to play in LA - well he ended up resigning with OKC and everyone is going to feel like they can convince AD too.

The thing is that deal isn’t going to go away if they wait. I saw the “LA won’t go after AD in the summer” report but lol at magic trying to play hard ball. So many options open up if they wait. Boston is going to give them what they want, but there’s other options out there too. What if Philly decides to move Simmons or the Process? What if the #1 pick is available (which I think is what NO really wants)?

No one at Oladipo's level in the trade presented currently? Really? I mean right now sure Oladipo is better than any of those assets, but at the time of the trade to the Pacers he wasn't the same guy.

Dipo on OKC was 16, 2.5, 4 with a .510 eFG%. On the Magic he was basically the same.

Kuzma is 19, 2.5, 6 with a .526 eFG%.

I mean I'm not the biggest ERZ guy in the world, but there's something of value there. You certainly are right that someone unexpected could definitely get involved, but that's tough to argue with at this point because it's all hypothetical.

NML

No one at Oladipo's level in the trade presented currently? Really? I mean right now sure Oladipo is better than any of those assets, but at the time of the trade to the Pacers he wasn't the same guy.

Dipo on OKC was 16, 2.5, 4 with a .510 eFG%. On the Magic he was basically the same.

Kuzma is 19, 2.5, 6 with a .526 eFG%.

I mean I'm not the biggest ERZ guy in the world, but there's something of value there. You certainly are right that someone unexpected could definitely get involved, but that's tough to argue with at this point because it's all hypothetical.

You have to double all of his stats with OKC because he played with RUSS

evil1

Knicks receive: Dennis Smith Jr. Wes Matthews DeAndre Jordan Draft pick Mavs receive: Kristaps Porzingis Courtney Lee Tim Hardaway Jr
So essentially the Knicks traded Porzingis for Dennis Smith Jr (who wasn't even a regular in the Dallas rotation) and a salary dump.

Either the Knicks are scared by Porzingis's knee or they have somehow found a way to fuck up again.

NML

Honestly the way that story developed it seemed like they had a deal in place and NYK leaked the story to put it on KP. That all happened wayyyyy too fast for a guy a ton of teams would’ve been interested in

My guess is his knee is destroyed

MSUFanatic

Honestly the way that story developed it seemed like they had a deal in place and NYK leaked the story to put it on KP. That all happened wayyyyy too fast for a guy a ton of teams would’ve been interested in

My guess is his knee is destroyed

Almost exactly the same thoughts I had as well.

No precedent for a guy 7 feet tall coming off an ACL injury. He's only played 72, 66, and 48 games in his 3 year career. If he comes out and is the unicorn, then yea the Knicks got destroyed on the deal, but we really have no idea what he's going to look like post knee.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
"During his meeting with the Knicks, Kristaps Porzingis indicated he wouldn’t re-sign with the Pelicans if dealt there, per sources. It doesn’t matter with Dallas acquiring KP, but along with Lonzo Ball, that’s two young players not thrilled about possibly playing in New Orleans."

Lol, why bother having 30 teams when guys would rather eat TollhouseFrank's shit than play for some of them?

evil1

Maybe NBA teams just need to work harder/smarter to avoid being dumpster fires.

During Jimmy Buss's administration, players didn't want to join the Lakers because they had no real direction and were below average in terms of how the organization operated. Funny how replacing him with people who did have a good general idea of what they were doing changed things.

evil1

It looks like the Knicks will also receive Dallas's 2021 first round pick (unprotected) and 2023 first round pick (protected).

Makes the trade better, but still not not close to a win for the Knicks

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So essentially the Knicks traded Porzingis for Dennis Smith Jr (who wasn't even a regular in the Dallas rotation) and a salary dump.

Either the Knicks are scared by Porzingis's knee or they have somehow found a way to fuck up again.
Guys who are 7'3 and up never stay healthy. That said-- couldn't they have gotten more? I think so.

lulz @ the ERRZ offering a pu pu platter for AD. Pels going to wait them/Celts/MyStErY teams out. Would be moronic to trade him to ErrRrRz for a bunch of trash.