• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I liked you better when Philly was shitty

moose_mascot_722x406_2174159942.jpg

NML

In actual basketball news, C’s have finally found a bit of form. Back into third now that they’ve got healthy.

Thought OKC went to PG13 too much in a not-great matchup for him

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
In actual basketball news, C’s have finally found a bit of form. Back into third now that they’ve got healthy.

Thought OKC went to PG13 too much in a not-great matchup for him

That’s great news since the season begins tomorrow.

NML

This is basically what my thoughts were. Erz will give them literally every asset they have (sans Lebron) and Pels aren’t pulling the trigger immediately. Because there’s no high level value.

The leak today about Davis will sign with the Erz and three other teams BUT NOT BOSTON and then immediately followed up by how those three other teams don’t have the pieces... I guess you give Rich Paul credit for pulling the strings but it’s so damn transparent. And I don’t see Ainge giving any shits about it

evil1

The leak today about Davis will sign with the Erz and three other teams BUT NOT BOSTON and then immediately followed up by how those three other teams don’t have the pieces... I guess you give Rich Paul credit for pulling the strings but it’s so damn transparent. And I don’t see Ainge giving any shits about it

Plus he made it difficult for the Lakers to make Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (also represented by Rich Paul) part of any trade. Well played by him.

NML

My guess is that Thursday the Erz step up and offer everything. Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, Hill contract dump and four first PLUS Ball to Phoenix for whatever.

I’m still not sure that’s enough, but I just don’t see a trade path for Davis to LA if it doesn’t happen before the deadline. And then ur talking about either a) punt ANOTHER season with Lebron before 2020 or b) go after Klay/Kyrie/KD in the offseason

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Why would the Pels take the ERRRrZzZ deal? None of those guys are All-STars. You'll be getting 4 20-25th overall picks. Would be the ultimate pu pu platter.

In the same vein... why would AD want to go to Boston unless Kyrie stays?

Bart Scott for AD to end up with the Bucks.

evil1

42 with Lebron and no Oladipo

KobeSmirk.img

It's almost as if having a team full of players who are either on one year contracts or are publicly used as trade bait makes it tougher for everyone to buy into the team first concept.

Reactions: NML

NML

I like the Tobias Harris trade for Philly. Gives them a second shooter with JJ and probably the best five man lineup in the NBA sans GSW

The issue is they’ve got zero flexibility going forward and if it doesn’t work, almost everyone can walk (and they could even if it does). Harris, Butler, Boban, JJ and five (!) others are UFA since I’m assuming Butler opts out either way. And even if everyone just signs for market value their tax bill is going to break records and they’ve got no way to get anyone to fill out a roster.

Still I like a team to take a chance when they’ve got a window

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Depth is still concern for the Moose. Gonna have to do some hard work work in the buyout market.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Oh shit Demps has the last laugh

Windhorst describes the “information war” going on behind the scenes across the NBA—and presumably centered on Anthony Davis—as like nothing he’s ever seen in his 16 years covering the NBA. If it’s true that the Pelicans have been stringing the Lakers along and outsourcing bad-faith trade communications to the same reporters who facilitated what the Pelicans all along saw as tampering, and did all this to nuke the Lakers’ internal chemistry and torpedo the second half of their season, holy shit! They invented a new kind of tampering, and deployed it like a goddamn smart-bomb! The Pelicans may be horrendous at building a contender around a generational talent, but for sheer dark-hearted vindictiveness, they are in a class all their own.

From Deadspin
https://deadspin.com/report-the-pelicans-invented-a-new-kind-of-tampering

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Who would have thunk Magic would be totally incompetent as president?

He's getting played by Dale Demps

:laughing: