• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Well, the new league year starts today, so I guess this is as good of a time as any to start the new thread.

A few bold predictions:
  • RGIII makes the Pro Bowl.
  • Ben Roethlisberger will be MVP.
  • The NY Giants will run away with the NFC East.
  • The Raiders will make the playoffs.
  • Josh Gordon makes the Pro Bowl.
-YTC

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Nyg now have Janoris Jenkins... go gata. They are not a lock for the NFC East crown with Washington also having Jordan Reed... go gata ...coming into his prime.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah they will. The Dolphins are shitting the bed. They are signing 31 year old Mario Williams to a contract and going to let 25 year old Olivier Vernon walk once they remove his transition tag, and they are also going to ask Cameron Wake to take a pay cut and if he doesn't they may cut him. The Jets have no qb because Fitzpatrick wants too much money and the Bills have Rex Ryan and will never do better than 9-7.

The Patriots will win by default unless Brady gets hurt.

Lloyd Carr

Bills...amirite?

-YTC

I could see any team taking it this year, especially if the NFL wins the appeal in the Brady case. Even if the decision is upheld in the NFL/Brady case and Brady gets to play every game, every defense in the AFC East has the potential to be reel good this year.

I think there'll be a lot of close games and whichever QB sucks the least will likely take the division. Brady obviously will suck the least, but if he misses time, it's a whole new ballgame.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Cowboys sign RG3 and trade for Johnny Footbaw. Glass Shoulder Romo shatters his collarbone in week one. RG3 blows out both knees in week two. Between weeks two and three, Johnny Footbaw is arrested for possessing 682 pounds of weed (take that Nate Newton). Cowboys finish the season with Jimmy Clausen at quarterback.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Can't believe Charles Johnson is coming back for 1 year/$3 mil. Got the cap space to make a run at Weddle, but doubt Panthers will go for it.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I hated Gettleman for throwing Steve Smith to the curb, but everything since then has been gold. Dude knows what he's doing.

dirt

Trolltalitarian

ya'll not predicting the doLOLphins to do something?
Yeah they will. The Dolphins are shitting the bed. They are signing 31 year old Mario Williams to a contract and going to let 25 year old Olivier Vernon walk once they remove his transition tag, and they are also going to ask Cameron Wake to take a pay cut and if he doesn't they may cut him. The Jets have no qb because Fitzpatrick wants too much money and the Bills have Rex Ryan and will never do better than 9-7.

The Patriots will win by default unless Brady gets hurt.
Good knowledge bruh

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The Titans basically got Murray for a bag of peanuts. They just swapped 4th round picks with the Eagles. A difference of 13 slots.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Did the Titans have a bunch of cap space? Because having $11 MM tied up in that position seems a bit excessive. Especially considering all of the other needs that they have.

Was this one of those "we've got to spend the money somewhere" type of moves like what the Jaguars typically do?

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Did the Titans have a bunch of cap space? Because having $11 MM tied up in that position seems a bit excessive. Especially considering all of the other needs that they have.

Was this one of those "we've got to spend the money somewhere" type of moves like what the Jaguars typically do?

-YTC
They redid his contract as well. Not sure if your number reflects that, but yes, the Titans had 47 million in cap space.

Bucksin04

exsqueeze-me-baking-powder-o.gif

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Mother of god you people don't know how excited I am to go from Brian Hoyer to Osweiler.

Add in Lamar Miller as well. Holy crap.

It should be an upgrade, but Osweiler is getting a truck load of money for a dude who's played 7 games, ever.

Brick

some QBs win the nfl lottery. no rhyme or reason for why some of these guys score huge contracts, i swear. a lot of it has to do with coincidence. it's the most arbitrary thing in sports.

brock osweiler has thrown for 44 touchdowns in his college and pro careers, COMBINED. matt simms is making something like 1 million next year and he's thrown 9 such touchdowns.

if ma'kid by freak accident had supernatural athleticism and could play pro sports, QB would be the last place i'd put him. it is a crapshoot.

Last edited:

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
some QBs win the nfl lottery. no rhyme or reason for why some of these guys score huge contracts, i swear. a lot of it has to do with coincidence. it's the most arbitrary thing in sports.

brock osweiler has thrown for 44 touchdowns in his college and pro careers, COMBINED. matt simms is making something like 1 million next year and he's thrown 9 such touchdowns.

if ma'kid by freak accident had supernatural athleticism and could play pro sports, QB would be the last place i'd put him. it is a crapshoot.

Football sucks from a pay perspective anyway. Plus debilitating brain issues once you retire. Look at dem baseball and basketball contracts, mah gawd.

Brick

My point is if you're the best defensive tackle or offensive lineman or linebacker you are guaranteed to have a great career barring injury or drug abuse or something. You can be a good to great QB and get stick in a shitty situation and either never see the field or be in a shitty scheme. It's a racket.

PSUEagle

Chase Daniel to Philly @PSUEagle

Move doesn't make sense: cutting Bradford after this year costs ~ 10 million in dead money, so if the idea was to have an insurance policy in place it's ridiculously expensive.

The other thing is age: Daniel is actually older than Bradford, so it's not like they're investing in a young guy with upside (like Osweiler).

Think the Eagles made two great trades with Miami/Tennessee to erase some of Kelly's personnel mistakes, but I don't like the amount of money they're tying up in FA's: this team isn't a contender with the two guys they have at QB so it's a total waste IMO.

R2D2

The thing that bothers me is his contract. $21m, with $12m guaranteed for a back up? Would have been fine just rolling with Sanchez.

Edit: This quote is great:

"But this is ridiculous. In what world does Chase Daniel deserve $7 million per year with $12 million guaranteed? Drew Stanton is a very similar quarterback with a comparable skill set, and yet Arizona gave him just $6.5 million over two seasons. The noodle-armed Daniel should have received $10 million over two years (or 3-15), and not nearly as much guaranteed money. I don't understand the obsession Andy Reid and his cronies have with Daniel, but it's not like they have a great read on quarterbacks, given that they've been trying to sell the mediocre Alex Smith as a great quarterback to their fans for years."

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Move doesn't make sense: cutting Bradford after this year costs ~ 10 million in dead money, so if the idea was to have an insurance policy in place it's ridiculously expensive.

The other thing is age: Daniel is actually older than Bradford, so it's not like they're investing in a young guy with upside (like Osweiler).

Think the Eagles made two great trades with Miami/Tennessee to erase some of Kelly's personnel mistakes, but I don't like the amount of money they're tying up in FA's: this team isn't a contender with the two guys they have at QB so it's a total waste IMO.

Outside of money, do you like it? When we talked a few weeks ago, you were fairly high on Daniel.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
How can you call it a great trade for the Eagles to give up Demarco Murray to move up 13 slots in the 4th round?