• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Offseason

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Of course this story is only on Facebook. Nada on ESPN or any major network. If I had a twitter I would blow Herbstreit up with this.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The guy that's reporting this used to work at ESPN, and I think there's some bad blood there (i.e., ESPN fired him but is enforcing a non-compete). ESPN probably won't run the story at all.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I mean this Zach Smith chode beat his wife after he came home drunk, with Urban's secretary, on their 1 year wedding anniversary, and his wife wouldn't let her stay...So he beat her...

Wow and I thought I was bad for not cleaning the sink after I shaved.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Maybe ESPN will be the ones pushing this bullshit instead?

The texts say otherwise, but sure, let's hang on the smallest possible thread for Urban.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It really speaks to what a total piece of shit Meyer is too. We've always known it, but this is so blatant. The guy is a fucking WR corch. It's not like he is integral to your success and you kept him on because you didn't want to get fired. Meyer would never be fired, and who gives a fuck about a WR corch? He kept him on because he didn't care that he beat his pregnant wife.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Good thing Vol fans rioted against Schiano's sorry ass. tOSU replacement already on staff.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It really speaks to what a total piece of shit Meyer is too. We've always known it, but this is so blatant. The guy is a fucking WR corch. It's not like he is integral to your success and you kept him on because you didn't want to get fired. Meyer would never be fired, and who gives a fuck about a WR corch? He kept him on because he didn't care that he beat his pregnant wife.

He's not even a good coach...

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Let's check in with that some people thought a week ago:

So an accusation by a wife in 2009 who later recanted means he should never be hired?

I'm not standing up for the guy. If he's an abusive piece of shit he needs to go. Meyer has been very consistent with that.

New things come out and he immediately terminated. Just curious what you think should've happened?

This guy also happens to be the grandson of Meyers mentor Earle Bruce.

Nobody ever has made any mistakes. No one deserves a second chance.

Just waiting for that asteroid.

*kisses fingers*

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Still not enabling child rape. But I hear you.
66068_h.jpg

NML

I'm going to stick with the opinion that if any Michigan coach is ignoring and enabling domestic violence and/or sexual assault, he should be fired immediately.

Come the fuck on. This is as bad as the OSU people thinking this isn’t a big deal.

“Enabling domestic violence” lol

If Meyer fires this dude, it has no impact on the domestic violence

Skeeter

Uber felon
It's funny. 10 years ago this would've twisted me in knots and ruined my week. Now it barely registers on the give a fuck meter.

I still have opinions but it has 0 affect on my daily life.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Good thing Vol fans rioted against Schiano's sorry ass. tOSU replacement already on staff.

If they don’t want him, they can promote the guy who forced injured players to play so much he got fired from one of the worst football programs in FBS despite his success

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Come the fuck on. This is as bad as the OSU people thinking this isn’t a big deal.

You think sending two people (including freaking Earle Bruce) to talk to Zach Smith's wife in 2009 to convince her to drop the charges and then not doing anything when it happened again isn't enabling domestic violence? You think taking Zach Smith's side for years in all this isn't enabling domestic abuse?

His options were not fire Zach Smith or do nothing.

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

By the way, did you really just compare me saying that Meyer is an enabler of domestic violence with people who think Meyer did nothing wrong here?

NML

You think sending two people (including freaking Earle Bruce) to talk to Zach Smith's wife in 2009 to convince her to drop the charges and then not doing anything when it happened again isn't enabling domestic violence? You think taking Zach Smith's side for years in all this isn't enabling domestic abuse?

His options were not fire Zach Smith or do nothing.

Report it to the police? Sounds like it happened but then the wife dropped the charges (twice). I don’t know anything about him sending people to talk her into doing that, so I can’t comment

You aren’t making this big scene if it’s Oregon State, that’s my point. It’s the same thing as OSU because you are only making these comments/points because it’s MUH TEAM or MUH RIVAL.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Who cares if it is his team or his rival. What Meyer didnt do is pretty reprehensible. Multiple times one of his staff was accused by his wife of domestic abuse. Then to lie about knowing about it last month at the B1G media days. That is what snagged Tressel. He lied about knowing about the situation and got caught.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah he is fucked with the lie. Bart Scott if shitty wr corch really does reveal all about tOsu tho

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Report it to the police? Sounds like it happened but then the wife dropped the charges (twice). I don’t know anything about him sending people to talk her into doing that, so I can’t comment

You aren’t making this big scene if it’s Oregon State, that’s my point. It’s the same thing as OSU because you are only making these comments/points because it’s MUH TEAM or MUH RIVAL.

Let's recap. You started off by wandering into a conversation without reading the article that all of this is based on. Without that knowledge, you call me overzealous for implying Meyer enabled domestic violence. Then you make a false equivalence between that opinion and the opinion that Meyer did nothing wrong. And then you say that I only care about this because it's my rival. It's really a masterpiece of not knowing the facts and logical fallacies. Congrats!

The rival shit is ridiculous. Meyer is a piece of shit who cares about winning more than anything. That was true at Florida, and it's still true at Ohio State. Do you really think I'm wrong there? I'm more plugged in on this stuff because it is MUH RIVAL, sure. But I'm not going to give a piece of shit like Meyer a pass because he's not employed by MUH RIVAL. It's also not going to matter on the field at all. If OSU fires Meyer, which I think is unlikely, they're still going to beat Michigan this year and for the foreseeable future. I did not take any pleasure from the horrific pictures that Brett McMurphy posted. People suffering is not a price I want to pay to win a fucking football game.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ya'll still troggin up that Irving Fryar tree? That shit's not important. Norma almost killed a squirrel today, but I was not eager to repeat yesterday's events, so I sabotaged her... I had to take an extra half hour off work to skin dat rabbit she killed and get the little bit of meat prepped and thrown in the freezer. Getting slow thanks to my plush living, #ROTSK gonna be a test even for me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

Right decision. I am actually heartened by this.

I'm sure they'll hire Nick Saban or Pete Carroll if they fire Urban and somehow the team will get better. Fuckers.

Skeeter

Uber felon
The part where that makes absolutely no sense
Let me break it down. Urban was placed on admin leave. Nobody gets reinstated from admin leave it's an opportunity for the lawyers to make sure they have cause locked in stone and discuss your termination.

Urban will be fired while izzo and dantonio oversee programs that are out of control raping errrebody they deny knowledge and keep their jobs.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think you would be happy when your school turns out to show a little more moral leadership than MSU...

Lightningwar

Administrator

Right decision. I am actually heartened by this.

I'm sure they'll hire Nick Saban or Pete Carroll if they fire Urban and somehow the team will get better. Fuckers.

Jimbo Fisher has not officially signed his contract with A&M. His style of offense would actually work in the B1G.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Jimbo Fisher has not officially signed his contract with A&M. His style of offense would actually work in the B1G.

Eh, I bet he has an MOU in place that would prevent him from leaving.

Odds of this afternoon (before Urban was place on leave I think):