• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Offseason

Brick

I heard Bob Stoops may come out of retirement. My brother's friend who played baseball at OU knows the family well. He likes to recruit the Ohio area and is looking to get away from Sooner fans.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
As if this dude’s life couldn’t get any worse

18tcx9fblz7tqjpg.jpg

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
So I just realized that Schiano wasn't named interim head corch lol. Tell us more how great and qualified he is, Buckeye fans.

Soonerfan09

While I can't verify the first two sentences, the last part about soonerfans is true enough for me to believe it
It would make sense, but for some reason, old coaches love it here. Stoops, Switzer, Tubbs...I think even Wilkinson came back after his stint with the Cardinals. Must be something in the water.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
My God, the comments on Eleven Warriors...

You could literally substitute the words "Urban Meyer" and "Zack Smith" with "Joe Paterno" and "Jerry Sandusky."

I am not equating the crimes committed by Smith and Sandusky, but I'm absolutely equating the responses of the fanbases.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Remains to be seen, but one thing we do know is that Pruitt isn't tied to kid diddling in any way and someone other than his buddy actually wanted to hire him. Even Schiano's own school didn't want to hire him. Ryan Day lol.

coogrfan

Coaches poll is out.

1 Alabama(61) 0-0 1621 —
2 Clemson(3) 0-0 1547 —
3 Ohio State(1) 0-0 1458 —
4 Georgia 0-0 1452 —
5 Oklahoma 0-0 1288 —
6 Washington 0-0 1245 —
7 Wisconsin 0-0 1243 —
8 Miami 0-0 1091 —
9 Penn State 0-0 1050 —
10 Auburn 0-0 1004 —
11 Notre Dame 0-0 892 —
12 Michigan State 0-0 870 —
13 Stanford 0-0 768 —
14 Michigan 0-0 752 —
15 USC 0-0 691 —
16 TCU 0-0 530 —
17 Virginia Tech 0-0 524 —
18 Mississippi State 0-0 407 —
19 Florida State 0-0 328 —
20 West Virginia 0-0 310 —
21 Texas 0-0 265 —
22 Boise State 0-0 261 —
23 UCF 0-0 259 —
24 LSU 0-0 254 —
25 Oklahoma State 0-0 168 —

Complete Rankings

Others receiving votes: South Carolina 138, Florida 135, Oregon 105, Utah 81, Texas A&M 67, Northwestern 67, Kansas State 35, Florida Atlantic 27, Memphis 23, Boston College 23, NC State 22, Arkansas State 19, Troy 19, Appalachian State 16, San Diego State 15, Kentucky 8, Iowa State 8, Iowa 8, Washington State 7, South Florida 6, Duke 5, Fresno State 4, Louisville 3, Arizona 2, Houston 2, Army 1, Northern Illinois 1

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Remains to be seen, but one thing we do know is that Pruitt isn't tied to kid diddling in any way and someone other than his buddy actually wanted to hire him. Even Schiano's own school didn't want to hire him. Ryan Day lol.

You’ll should’ve hired Ryan Day instead. His offenses at BC were surprisingly FUN.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
If Texas gets some OL and QB improvement, they can make some noise. That's a big if, though.

I still don't have any faith in Mike Stoops but OU has brought in better defensive talent, so maybe that will offset his shittiness. Even without BAKER the offense should still be really good.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
My God, the comments on Eleven Warriors...

You could literally substitute the words "Urban Meyer" and "Zack Smith" with "Joe Paterno" and "Jerry Sandusky."

I am not equating the crimes committed by Smith and Sandusky, but I'm absolutely equating the responses of the fanbases.

-YTC

Yeah, I went there yesterday for entertainment and then a few minutes in, thought, “What am I doing with my life?” and left

Lightningwar

Administrator
Zach smith says he didnt hit wifey. More text released showing he admitted to strangling her. Urban Meyer saying he failed to deal with the situation after claiming he knew nothing about it. What a shitshow.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I am not sure Meyer will even lose his job at this point. They are setting this up for him to be a victim. I think they fire the AD before they fire Meyer. I thought he was toast last week. But they will drag this out and claim he pushed it up the chain of command and washed his hands of it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That is what they are going to try to do and hope they can ride out the public shit storm. It is such a bullshit excuse, though. The AD doesn't hire and fire Urban Meyer's assistant corches lol.

Oh my little bitch boy I hired as a favor is beating his wife. Let me tell the AD about it. Welp, guess that's all I can do about it. I'm in the clear!!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Norma took a break from murdering Yankee to chew on my Iphone last night when it fell out of my pocket. She only had it for like 2 seconds and there are teeth marks all over my trog case, lol. I think she's pretty much ready for the regular season at this point.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I honestly think it will be significantly worse for anOSU should they try to retain Meyer. This team is still good enough to win a shampship this year, and they'll have an entire year to find an amazeballs corch to replace him for 2019.

There will be a small dip in recruiting if they let him go, but the backlash if they retain him...holy shit...

-YTC

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I wouldn't be surprised either way. Urban's statement on Friday was basically saying it's all the AD's fault and he's going to fight being fired for cause. OSU probably can fire him for cause, but they'll probably get sued and have to fight it for a while. Unless the investigation that OSU is using finds something worse than this - and they might - it won't be pretty if they fire him.

Honestly, the right thing to do is to fire both the AD and Urban Meyer at this point. Who knows if that will happen.

Personally, I'm just happy that Urban Meyer has been outed for the piece of shit he is. This asshole published a book about leadership at the same time his asshole position coach was beating his wife. Nice leadership there.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I honestly think it will be significantly worse for anOSU should they try to retain Meyer. This team is still good enough to win a shampship this year, and they'll have an entire year to find an amazeballs corch to replace him for 2019.

There will be a small dip in recruiting, but the backlash if they retain him...holy shit...

-YTC

Backlash from who though? The media? If they don't fire him, they don't give a shit about the media. I suppose recruiting could take a hit, but it's still OSU. I.e., the only major school in a fertile recruiting state with a ton of cache.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Backlash from who though? The media? If they don't fire him, they don't give a shit about the media. I suppose recruiting could take a hit, but it's still OSU. I.e., the only major school in a fertile recruiting state with a ton of cache.

Yes, from the media. It's 2018, man. This won't be something that ever fully goes away unless Urban goes away. It will be brought up repeatedly, and by media members with platforms to millions of people. It's the #metoo era, and anOSU would be hammered in this climate.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

Oh, and anOSU (just like all major programs) absolutely care about the media. They care about the media a whole lot, and will continue to.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Sure, but if they don't fire him, they think they can handle the questions that follow Urban Meyer. It was an open secret among local media, apparently, that Zach Smith was a piece of shit, and none of them did any further digging into it.

I also think the media buzz will die down eventually. Look at the MSU buzz, which went from "how does Tom Izzo keep his job/" to very little in a couple of weeks. Nobody talks about Nick Saban taking Jonathan Taylor anymore. PSU is a different animal because of child rape and the amount of allegations that kept coming out. If more stuff comes out about Meyer, that might change things.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Sure, but if they don't fire him, they think they can handle the questions that follow Urban Meyer. It was an open secret among local media, apparently, that Zach Smith was a piece of shit, and none of them did any further digging into it.

I also think the media buzz will die down eventually. Look at the MSU buzz, which went from "how does Tom Izzo keep his job/" to very little in a couple of weeks. Nobody talks about Nick Saban taking Jonathan Taylor anymore. PSU is a different animal because of child rape and the amount of allegations that kept coming out. If more stuff comes out about Meyer, that might change things.

Oh, I have no doubts that they think they could handle the questions that follow, but I'm of the belief that they can't.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I mean, that's very possible. This whole thing was probably started because Urban Meyer lied to the media originally. Trying to handle the NCAA is what got Tressel fired. Not exactly the best track record there.

Brick

CLOWNZANO IS READY

The biggest difference already between Oregon last year and Oregon this year was evident to me in watching the media day performances of Troy Dye and Justin Herbert. The UO resident linebacker and quarterback are improved interviews, and more outspoken, and more mature.

LLLLLLLLAWWWDDD