• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Offseason

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Let's assume for a second that the shitbag didn't hit his wife. Then, we would be faced with these facts:
  • Courney Smith told her mother-in-law that she was going to take her son down along with his employer.
  • She laid out a 5 year plot, including screenshotting texts and putting herself in positions to be grabbed by him just so she could take pictures.
  • Urban Meyer retained a person on his staff, gave pay raises to this person, and lied about his knowledge of his alleged domestic violence when questioned.
  • Urban Meyer knew of multiple domestic violence allegations against a member of his staff, reported it to his bosses, decided the previous allegations were untrue, and only decided to fire him 2 months after an arrest was reported on that staff member.

Yeah, good luck with that, Urb-enablers.

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
Again, what about either of those quotes is damning? Of course she wanted revenge on the shitbag who was hitting her. Who tells the shitbag's mom that I'm going after his employer (if you are to believe the shitbag's mom...who is defending her son)?

Like, the mental gymnastics you have to go through to think that either of those quotes exonerates the shitbag is astounding.

-YTC
I don't think it exonerates Smith. He's still a shit bag. The question is, is he a seriel abusing shit bag. That's cast in a bit of a different light. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

Is 1 instance of abuse too much? Yes of course. Is cheating on your spouse awful? No doubt.

The question isn't is Zach Smith a good guy it's did urban employ a known seriel abuser on his staff. Theres a little more doubt there now. The police reports if released should answer those questions.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I don't think it exonerates Smith. He's still a shit bag. The question is, is he a seriel abusing shit bag. That's cast in a bit of a different light. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

Is 1 instance of abuse too much? Yes of course. Is cheating on your spouse awful? No doubt.

The question isn't is Zach Smith a good guy it's did urban employ a known seriel abuser on his staff. Theres a little more doubt there now. The police reports if released should answer those questions.

But if those quotes are true, then why would Smith be a shitbag?

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
Let's assume for a second that the shitbag didn't hit his wife. Then, we would be faced with these facts:
  • Courney Smith told her mother-in-law that she was going to take her son down along with his employer.
  • She laid out a 5 year plot, including screenshotting texts and putting herself in positions to be grabbed by him just so she could take pictures.
  • Urban Meyer retained a person on his staff, gave pay raises to this person, and lied about his knowledge of his alleged domestic violence when questioned.
  • Urban Meyer knew of multiple domestic violence allegations against a member of his staff, reported it to his bosses, decided the previous allegations were untrue, and only decided to fire him 2 months after an arrest was reported on that staff member.

Yeah, good luck with that, Urb-enablers.

-YTC
If lying to the media were a fireable offense we would have no coaches left.

Let's play the other side. If you had a crazy wife that was making false reports about dv and you were up front about it to your employer would you expect to be fired when no charges were ever filed?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I know you don't want me to post any opposing stories because it hurts your narrative.

This is starting to feel more Duke lacrosse than Michigan / Vanderbilt rape cover ups.

I'm really interested in the powell police department reports. If they show seriel abuse urbs has to go. If they don't which is starting to sound more and more the case, urbs should be reinstated.

You're an asshole, you know that? More like Duke lacrosse? Are you fucking kidding me?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Because there is still the 2009 incident the fact he cheated on his wife and the most recent 2018 incident. Sounds like a shit bag to me.

So, both the 2009 incident and cheating on his wife were (apparently) not fireable offenses.

Why would the 2018 incident be a fireable offense if Urban didn't believe him to be a shitbag? If he believed that the criminal tresspass warning was unfairly issued, because he didn't believe that Zack was a threat to his wife, then why fire him over that?

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
So, both the 2009 incident and cheating on his wife were (apparently) not fireable offenses.

Why would the 2018 incident be a fireable offense if Urban didn't believe him to be a shitbag? If he believed that the criminal tresspass warning was unfairly issued, because he didn't believe that Zack was a threat to his wife, then why fire him over that?

-YTC
Few reasons.
Public opinion is a big deal, truth doesn't always matter.

This one is a bit of a leap but, what if urbs had spoken with Zach and said if anything results in an arrest you're gone based on past history.

Maybe it wasn't urban who pulled the trigger on the termination and it came from above.

These are definitely questions I'd like to hear the university answer through their report though.

Again I'm not 100% urban should stay, but ive moved from 100% urban should go, to I would like to hear more details.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
God damn, Zach Smith's mom is, at best, completely ignorant or, at worst, enabling Smith's abuse. This is making me see red:

Asked to explain Courtney’s pictures showing her arms and neck with red marks, which reporter Brett McMurphy placed on his Facebook page Aug. 1, Bruce said, “I witnessed what she did several times: She would get in his face and block his path while screaming at him. One time when I was there, he was trying to walk down the steps and she blocked him so he couldn’t leave the house. He couldn’t get by her and he had to leave, so he just picked her up by the arms and placed her to the side, so he could walk by and walk out the door. When he did that, I am sure that would leave red marks on her arms. It would if he picked me up and moved me, too. Then she would take a picture.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...-zach-down-and-take-urban-meyer-down-with-him

"Picking someone up by the arms" leaves red marks? Fuck you, lady.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Few reasons.
Public opinion is a big deal, truth doesn't always matter.

This one is a bit of a leap but, what if urbs had spoken with Zach and said if anything results in an arrest you're gone based on past history.

Maybe it wasn't urban who pulled the trigger on the termination and it came from above.

These are definitely questions I'd like to hear the university answer through their report though.

Again I'm not 100% urban should stay, but ive moved from 100% urban should go, to I would like to hear more details.

Past history of what? Being falsely accused of domestic violence?

-YTC

Lightningwar

Administrator
Tribalism trumps justice. A history of abuse. A coach that lied about it. But both mothers say she made it up! That settles it, nothing to see here!

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
But, either that violence in 2009 didn't occur, or Urban Meyer knowingly employed a domestic abuser and didn't fire him when he was accused again of the same crime.

So, which is it?

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'll assume the 2009 did occur and Smith was given a second chance. Once arrested again he was let go .

Correct or not the 2018 standard is much different than the 2009 standard regarding dv

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
So, 2009 occurred, he's accused of it again in 2015, but Urban kept him on? That's the story?

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He admitted it and apologized.

"I know!"

"I'm so sorry!"

If your ex accused you of abuse in a text is that how you would respond if you didn't do it? Then, take into account his fucking continued stalking post divorce. The guy is a whack job and appears to be on the path to killing her. That's how the shit happens. Standing in her yard at night spying through her windows?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Wasn't arrested in 2015 is my understanding. Just accused.

That's my point. If it was "one more thing and you're out of here!" then why wouldn't an accusation of the same crime he believed he committed in 2009 be enough to justify a dismissal?

-YTC

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I still think stuff went down, but the waters are muddied enough that tOsu and Urbz can easily ride a narrative that the details were fuzzy and Urban only acted incorrectly given that. That counter article allows them to do so. He could still be fired, but unless they find a good replacement they have incentive to take the low moral path.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I mean, short of Urban handling him a baseball bat and saying "use THIS to beat her into submission!", I think OSU keeps him on board, but he issues some heartfelt apology for not keeping a closer eye on things and not taking things as seriously as he should, etc.

He will then set up some foundation in his own name "to combat the continuing scourge of domestic violence."

All will be forgiven and forgotten by mid-November.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I still think stuff went down, but the waters are muddied enough that tOsu and Urbz can easily ride a narrative that the details were fuzzy and Urban only acted incorrectly given that. That counter article allows them to do so. He could still be fired, but unless they find a good replacement they have incentive to take the low moral path.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree with almost all of the that except the good replacement part. It's OSU. They'll have they're pick of all but a couple of coaches. They'll still be a blue blood without Urban Meyer. They went from an elite coach in Tressel to a better one in Meyer. They'll probably get Nick Saban or Pete Carroll or somebody like that.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, I'm even more glad he's gone now.

Honestly, a lot of these type of stories I'm a little skeptical of. All football coaches yell and are assholes. This is way beyond that, though. Really hope Harbaugh isn't doing shit like that.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Also, the Big Ten East is quite the collection of programs. Just in the past ~5 years:
  • Penn State - Sandusky
  • MSU - sexual assault
  • OSU - domestic violence
  • Michigan - concussion-gate
  • Indiana - coaches abusing players
  • Maryland - coaches abusing players
  • Rutgers - grade changing scandal
Not great, Bob.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah but Ohio State won the playoff in 2014 and went back in 2016, while Michigan State made an appearance in 2015, so...

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Maryland is low key one of the worst states in the country. The UMD campus is also in one of the shittiest parts of the shittiest county.

This story always killed me.

A parade of law enforcement officers spoke against the Thirsty Turtle in reference to a Sept. 23 integrity test, which led to the board’s hearing. On that night, the liquor board, in conjunction with University of Maryland Police, attempted to send two underage police aides, Eric Hamrick and Andrew Ross, into each of the three downtown College Park bars.

The aides, both 20 at the time, displayed their Maryland driver’s licenses, which showed they were not of legal drinking age. They were denied entry to Cornerstone Grill & Loft and R.J. Bentley’s, but granted admission to the Thirsty Turtle and served two Bud Light beers.

“There was very little hesitation on the doorman’s part when I provided my ID,” Ross said.

The doorman that night, Jordan Reid, testified that it was the first mistake he has made in four years of working security at various bars in the Washington area.

“The fact that their identification was vertical was a giveaway that they were underage,” Reid said. “I was disgusted with myself.”

tomsulaLOL_zpsk7rddobg.gif