• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019-20 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also, I wonder if Petrescu ends up managing Chelsea at some point. A few more good results with Cluj could do it, he's already got a better resume than Lamps.

Snorky's Shame

La Liga extends deal with beIN until 2024.

TEBAS IS A FUCKING IDIOT!

Jesus fucking Christ, if I’m Barcelona and Real Madrid I’m seeing if they can go back to selling their own deals. Fuck using the league to negotiate TV deals if they pull this bullshit.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Atleti too. US Fans get all excited about them for the MLS All Star game and then boom they disappear into the ether again

bruin

Yeah, Murray announced a couple weeks back she was leaving. Figures the Four letter would nab her.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They really ran out of gas. Damn.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations

The video doesn't work, but just

1566238786501.png

They lost 4-0 (at home!) and gave up the first goal as soon as they started making noise lol

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Ajax absolutely horrific away to APOEL... finished with 10 men and very lucky to be 0-0.

Midfield looked like a total mess. Dest came on for final 30 minutes and looked OK which is very good. Everyone else on Ajax looked terrible.

Snorky's Shame

Champions' League Pots for tommorow's draw:

Pot 1:

Barcelona
Bayern
Chelsea
Juventus
Liverpool
Manchester City
Paris
Zenit

Pot 2:

Ajax
Atletico
Benfica
Dortmund
Napoli
Real Madrid
Shakhtar
Tottenham

Pot 3:

Brugge
Dinamo Zagreb
Internazionale
Leverkusen
Lyon
Olympiakos
Salzburg
Valencia

Pot 4:

Atalanta
Crvena zvezda
Galatasaray
Genk
Leipzig
Lille
Lokomotiv Moscow
Slavia Prague

Germany and Italy have teams in all four pots which is rare. France have teams in three of four. Pot 3 looks to have the biggest disparity of teams.

Possible Group of Death: Liverpool/Manchester City, Atletico/Real Madrid, Internazionale, Leipzig
Group I want to see: Zenit, Shakhtar, Dinamo Zagreb, Crvena zvezda

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I feel like Lyon is the team to avoid from pot 3, not Inter. Inter should be better than last year, but it feels like they're going to care more about Serie A than the Champions League. Also, Salzburg beat Napoli 3-1 at home in the Europa League last year (although they were down 4-0 on aggregate 15 minutes into that leg). They could be an annoying team to play.

Snorky's Shame

I feel like Lyon is the team to avoid from pot 3, not Inter. Inter should be better than last year, but it feels like they're going to care more about Serie A than the Champions League. Also, Salzburg beat Napoli 3-1 at home in the Europa League last year (although they were down 4-0 on aggregate 15 minutes into that leg). They could be an annoying team to play.

I’m interested to see how Internazionale looks with Godin and Conte on the bench. Their midfield doesn’t look too good but they should score goals with Icardi (if he stays), Lukaku and Martinez up front.

Lyon and Valencia are the other teams you want to avoid in that pot.

I just don’t trust teams making their first appearance in the group stage that’s why I’m down on Salzburg plus I think Leipzig is Red Bull’s flagship club now.

Snorky's Shame

The groups:

Group A: Paris, Real Madrid, Brugge, Galatasaray
Group B: Bayern, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Crvena zvezda
Group C: Manchester City, Shakhtar, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta
Group D: Juventus, Atletico, Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moskva
Group E: Liverpool, Napoli, Salzburg, Genk
Group F: Barcelona, Dortmund, Internazionale, Slavia Praha
Group G: Zenit, Benfica, Lyon, Leipzig
Group H: Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille

Upset pick: I like Valencia to top Group H and Leipzig to top Group G. Zenit, Benfica and Ajax (sadly) knocked out in the group stage.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Looks like Inter got the group of death again. Ouch.

These groups kind of suck. Group G looks like the most interesting, but that's because Zenit and Benfica are probably the weakest teams from pots 1 and 2.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

giphy.gif

Snorky's Shame

Europa League Draw

Group A: Sevilla, APOEL, Qarabag, Dudelange

Group B: Dynamo Kyiv, Kobehavn, Malmo, Lugano

Group C: Basel, Krasnodar, Getafe, Trabzonspor

Group D: Sporting, PSV, Rosenborg, LASK

Group E: Lazio, Celtic, Rennes, CFR Cluj

Group F: Arsenal, Frankfurt, Standard, Vitoria SC (the one in Guimaraes)

Group G: Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord, Rangers

Group H: CSKA Moskva, Ludogorets, Espanyol, Ferencvaros

Group I: Wolfsburg, Gent, Saint-Etienne, Olexandriya

Group J: Roma, Moenchengladbach, Basaksehir, Wolfsberg

Group K: Besiktas, Braga, Wolverhampton, Slovan Bratislava

Group L: Manchester United, Astana, Partizan, AZ

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Wonder if this semi will be at the Metropolitano or Camp Nou?

Only way this tie goes through without incident is if Boca Juniors has a big lead from the first leg. Boca fans are looking for revenge after what happened last year. Better get used to these meetings though. Argentina and Brazil have distanced themselves from the rest and the big clubs in those countries are distancing themselves from the smaller clubs. Basically it’s the “big five” in Argentina and the big 10-12 clubs in Brazil now that can win the Libertadores. Also the final is one game in Santiago this year.

doh

Ajax (sadly) knocked out in the group stage.
The good news is they avoided the top 6 pot 1 teams (MC, LIV, BM, FCB, JUV, PSG) that are virtually automatically into the knockout phase. So I'll take that since it won't be 3 teams going for 1 spot.

The bad news is Valencia is probably the last team I wanted out of pot 3 (next to Inter) and Lille is one of the last out of pot 4.

Groups G/H are wide open. Any of those 8 teams can advance.

Groups A,B,D seem like they have clear cut teams advancing. Maybe Bosz can work some magic in D but it'll be hard.

Man City group = :laughing:

doh

538 does a pretty good job with odds... very interesting if you organize by group: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/champions-league/

RBL has the best chance in their group -- and Zenit at 37% has the worst chance as the team from pot 1. All the pot 1 teams outside of Chelsea/Zenit are 82%+ to get out of group. Chelsea at 39% is the lowest favorite in a group (Ajax is 36%).

Man City is 99% to make knockout stages and 93% to win group which is by far the highest.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Union beat Dortmund 3-1 today. Maybe those Slavia Prague reps were laughing because they drew an easy group.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Someone lost to Union? Lol.

Oh wait Hertha got plastered by Schalke.

BlackKidSoda.gif