• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019-20 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

Michigan Stadium has to be a terrible place to play soccer.

I have to admit, I was slightly underwhelmed when I went there in August. There really isn’t anything special about the place except that it holds a lot of people. From the outside it doesn’t look very big. I went to Notre Dame a couple of days later and that looked bigger from the outside. It was nice to see grass at Michigan Stadium again though.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I have to admit, I was slightly underwhelmed when I went there in August. There really isn’t anything special about the place except that it holds a lot of people. From the outside it doesn’t look very big. I went to Notre Dame a couple of days later and that looked bigger from the outside. It was nice to see grass at Michigan Stadium again though.

They laid grass over the turf for the friendly? I'm still removing those fucking rubber pellets from ma'shoes when I was down on the field in June.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That Fortuna goal was beautiful. Union suck (despite beating Hertha...) but Steffen looks really solid for them too.

Snorky's Shame

Congrats to Benfica on winning the Portuguese league.

Who was the genius that scheduled a Lisbon derby at the end of the year? Just asking for trouble doing that.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Why is Haaland even bothering with Bundesliga? I know one of his hattrick goals is a tap in that would even make Gabriel Jesus blush (@bruin @Yankee151), but he's still an absolute assassin in the box. His first goal was ridiculous.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Why is Haaland even bothering with Bundesliga? I know one of his hattrick goals is a tap in that would even make Gabriel Jesus blush (@bruin @Yankee151), but he's still an absolute assassin in the box. His first goal was ridiculous.

He's going to need a work permit to come to England once Brexit happens. I don't think he has any senior national team appearances, does he?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I assumed he did this past summer toward the end but maybe not.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I assumed he did this past summer toward the end but maybe not.

I think he was playing mostly U-20, maybe he has one or two senior appearances. According to this, he wouldn't qualify (Norway are 44th):

wp.PNG

Brexit might really fuck the PL up.

Snorky's Shame

I heard his father (who played in the EPL) didn't want him going there so early in his career. I wonder if Roy Keane has a kid playing somewhere and the younger Haaland gets some revenge.

Mexico should just go to 20 teams and get rid of relegation. Liga MX relegation is a joke.

Barcelona absolutely getting worked by Ibiza in the Copa del Rey. Somebody forgot to tell Barcelona the cup is now one leg.

Snorky's Shame

Halftime stats for Ibiza-Barcelona

Ibiza:

Shots: 4
Shots on Goal: 2
Possession: 16%

Barcelona:

Shots: 0
Shots on Goal: 0
Possession: 84%

It's 1-0 Ibiza right now.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Schalke look awful. Kenny is trash. They have zero midfield presence. Is Weston McKennie dead?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This is just what Schalke do against Bayern. McKennie played some, but he has been out for a month. He seems pretty injury prone.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He wasn't a bad sculptor, he was just ahead of his time

tx6ybonmbwc41.jpg

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Whatever, will either be injury prone or get transferred to Augsburg and stagnate in 5 years time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Whatever, will either be injury prone or get transferred to Augsburg and stagnate in 5 years time.

Augsburg is actually not that bad - I'd go mid-tier Austrian side.

Snorky's Shame

Copa del Rey semifinalists

Athletic
Granada
Mirandes
Real Sociedad

I guess the changes to the Copa del Rey had the desired effect.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
At least with those (to foreigners) no-names they don't have to move the cup final from Sevilla to Abu Dhabi or something

Kinda wish Ibiza beat Barcelona last round if it was gonna come down to this, tho

Snorky's Shame

At least with those (to foreigners) no-names they don't have to move the cup final from Sevilla to Abu Dhabi or something

Kinda wish Ibiza beat Barcelona last round if it was gonna come down to this, tho

Atletico did it right. Although the way they’re playing I don’t think it was done on purpose.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Potential merger of the Dutch and Belgian leagues. Ajax vs. KOMPANY?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nethe...o-400m-in-television-revenue/view/news/354233

Would be weird but less weird than a Super League, I guess.
They've been talking about it for a while... at this point I don't think the clubs in the Netherlands have a choice. The league is so bad and there's so little money, they (along with other smaller leagues) have to start getting creative. They should keep the current set up of the Belgian League with playoffs. 16 teams with 30 match round-robin then top 6 into "final" group of 10 more matches.

The countries are tiny too. I drove from Amsterdam to the French border once in like 2.5 hours.

It would make sense for leagues like Sweden/Norway to combine.

Snorky's Shame

IIRC there’s only 8 teams in Belgium’s second tier.

I’d like to see this step taken rather than a full blown super league.

I’d love to see how Benfica, Porto and Sporting do in La Liga or Celtic and Rangers in the Premier League.

Also LOL at Twente being mad at not being included in the Super League talks. These type of things tend to happen when you cheat and everyone in the Netherlands hates you.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Oh yeah the Portugese 3 in La Liga would be FUN, Benfica might actually get to keep their players

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Inter pick up the derby win today. 4 points ahead of Juve and they play on the 1st of March, maybe for the title, hermanos??

Pls tell me the Serie A nightmare is over...

EDIT: Apparently I cannot read, it's a tie for first with Juve and Lazio are a point behind. Inter go to Rome next week...

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Inter pick up the derby win today. 4 points ahead of Juve and they play on the 1st of March, maybe for the title, hermanos??

Pls tell me the Serie A nightmare is over...

EDIT: Apparently I cannot read, it's a tie for first with Juve and Lazio are a point behind. Inter go to Rome next week...

Great, going to have to break out the three screens on March 1. Juventus-Internazionale, Real Madrid-Barcelona and Seattle-Chicago all on at around the same time.