• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Phils get J.T. Realmuto from Florida for C Jorge Alfaro, prospects P SIXTO Sanchez and P Will Stewart along with international slot money.

Phils starting 8 now:

C Realmuto
1B Rhys Hoskins
2B Cesar Hernandez or Scott Kingery
SS Jean Segura
3B Mikael Franco
LF Andrew McCutchen
CF Oubdel Herrera
RF Nick Williams or Roman Quinn

Franco would be out if the Phils get Machado
Willams and Quinn would go to the bench if the Phils get Harper. Harper would slot into LF and Cutch would move to RF.

bruin

Good for Manny.

Would rather have him stay out here than go to the east coast and have some tub of lard yelling at him in the second week of May because he went 2-5 against Toronto telling him he'll never be Mike Schmidt or like Dimaggio or constantly blabbing about how The Sopranos is the greatest show ever.

orale.

bruin

Machado is a perfect doyer. I bet @bruin loves him

@homie PQ

giphy.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Machado going to the Padres is like an ace pitcher going to the Rockies. I guess it doesn't matter when you're making $300 million guaranteed, but enjoy slugging .350 and hitting 15 HRs a year from now on.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Machado going to the Padres is like an ace pitcher going to the Rockies. I guess it doesn't matter when you're making $300 million guaranteed, but enjoy slugging .350 and hitting 15 HRs a year from now on.

Park adjusted stats haven't made their way out west yet?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
@homie PQ

giphy.gif
FML.

Everyone in the office’s phones started blowing up, and the consensus is this sucks. I suppose if he can be less of a bitch maid he can win some followers, but I’m not optimistic, and FWIW I loved Milton Bradley when he was here

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
FML.

Everyone in the office’s phones started blowing up, and the consensus is this sucks. I suppose if he can be less of a bitch maid he can win some followers, but I’m not optimistic, and FWIW I loved Milton Bradley when he was here
Sounds like your office sucks.

Wolfman21

Harper to Philly on a 13/330 deal. No word on any opt-outs yet.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/phillies-finally-agree-deal-bryce-harper-330-million

Phils projected opening day lineup

C: Realmuto
1B: Hoskins
2B: Cesar Hernandez/Kingery
SS: Segera
3B: Franco/Kingery
LF: McCutchen
CF: Herrera
RF: Harper
SP: Nola

Best team money can buy. Gonna be hilarious when kapler is fired midway through the 2020 season when he mismanages the phils to missing the 2019 playoffs and a sub .500 record into june 2020

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Best team money can buy. Gonna be hilarious when kapler is fired midway through the 2020 season when he mismanages the phils to missing the 2019 playoffs and a sub .500 record into june 2020

This but Kapler will still be able to out lift the new manager.

How much can you bench, bro?:thumbsup:

NML

That’s an amazing contract for such an over rated player.

Over the past three seasons, Harper has been about as valuable as:

Cesar Hernandez: who our resident Philly fan says is a rotation player
Zack Cozart: who signed for 3/$36m
Dustin Pedoria: played three games last season, missed second half of 2017

At this rate, I have to assume Mookie is going to get $40m a year in perpetuity and Trout is going to just be given the entire Angels franchise

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think it could be a great signing for Philly. The Nationals haven’t managed Harper very well. It’s been a revolving door at manager and he’s never been held accountable for his hustle issues by management. Now for some reason, Nats players have thrown Harper under the bus on his way out, but to me this only highlights the DC clubhouse management issues, to me.

He’ll be playing in a bandbox in a stacked lineup, presumably highly motivated after a disappointing offseason.

I don’t buy the WAR argument. Harper’s defense is dragging him down, but the defensive metrics are meant to be read over multiple seasons and most people don’t understand them. The NL will be adding a DH in the next five years, likely.

I take Harper every day for under $25M and roll the dice. I think there’s equal chance for him to be
- A slightly overpriced hype signing with the potential to get frustrated in an awful city. He’ll wave his NTC the second that city turns on him.
- Future HOF that goes full Gritty mode, gets into brawls with rivals, recaptures his MVP season and leads the Phillies to a couple pennants while this goes down as one of the dumbest decisions in DC sports history.

killerBsaturn

Touchdown Jesus
I think it could be a great signing for Philly. The Nationals haven’t managed Harper very well. It’s been a revolving door at manager and he’s never been held accountable for his hustle issues by management. Now for some reason, Nats players have thrown Harper under the bus on his way out, but to me this only highlights the DC clubhouse management issues, to me.

He’ll be playing in a bandbox in a stacked lineup, presumably highly motivated after a disappointing offseason.

I don’t buy the WAR argument. Harper’s defense is dragging him down, but the defensive metrics are meant to be read over multiple seasons and most people don’t understand them. The NL will be adding a DH in the next five years, likely.

I take Harper every day for under $25M and roll the dice. I think there’s equal chance for him to be
- A slightly overpriced hype signing with the potential to get frustrated in an awful city. He’ll wave his NTC the second that city turns on him.
- Future HOF that goes full Gritty mode, gets into brawls with rivals, recaptures his MVP season and leads the Phillies to a couple pennants while this goes down as one of the dumbest decisions in DC sports history.
or https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bryce-harper-may-already-be-past-his-prime/

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Bold prediction, the Nats won't miss him, and 80% of the fans at any given game will be on dates or out with friend groups not paying attention to what's going on. The latter prediction is a STONE COLD LOCK because it already happens.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Baseball has a fantastic history of giving large sums of money to guys with previous hustle and motivation issues so I’m sure this contract will turn out great.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Bold prediction, the Nats won't miss him, and 80% of the fans at any given game will be on dates or out with friend groups not paying attention to what's going on. The latter prediction is a STONE COLD LOCK because it already happens.

I go to way less games now because I hate DC sports fans.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By