• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Have watched the least baseball of my life until tonight just randomly was keeping up with the Angels game because of Skaggs and man.... I've never seen something like that. What a beautiful tribute.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Cricket has the best replay system out of all the sports. @hayvis @Snorky's Shame

They should implement something similar to cricket, as Baseball is essentially relying on the same type of decision making. I always thought the way in which American sport relied on replay decision making other than baseball which suits it the most was retarded.

It's always frustrating to see what are effectively objective calls being turned into subjective judgements by umpires. I'm always baffled in games when you hear an umpire calls a larger strike zone, like that's his fucking prerogative to change the whole nature of a game with his ego.

There has been nothing but an improvement in the game since DRS was introduced in cricket, and it should absolutely improve baseball although I don't trust them not to fuck it up. They should always let the umpire have power of veto, but if it's a close call use the computer. A challenge system adds to the entertainment factor if they have the sense to introduce that too.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Go throw a baseball at the ground and tell me how high it bounces. I thought you rednecks knew baseball

Wolfman21

I can’t believe you are still arguing this, but this wouldn’t be allowed to happen and it could be solved with a damn intern not a plate umpire.

Could that intern have prevented that sweep today? Must admit it was nice sittin on the beach hearing the crack of freddies bat in the 8th or all the padres swinging and missing at mikes pitches today. Im glad the Braves arent wasting young talent like the friars are

Wolfman21

My reputation precedes me on this site. Another guy getting in my grill with WBL lingo that i dont remember ever talking to before.

But no...i trolled orlando into responding multiple times about something I couldn't give 2 shits about. If this is the kinda reaponses i get for my troll attempts from now on...wolfman2.0 is going to be a whale of a time here on nutopia!

Wolfman21

The 78 i shot today was only dampened by the fact the heat index was like 114. Eek

Also...apparently there was an atlantic league ump who was being bitched at to, "do his job" because the robot umps were calling balls and strikes wrong and the pitching coach got ejected for arguing balls and strikes. Magine...lol

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Took the family to the Astros-A's game last night. Man the Astros looked amazing in the first few innings. Lots of fun to attend. It could be a long time before I go to another game.

nowitsourtime

I don’t think the Twins would know what to do if they became buyers. Outside of Royce Lewis, Nick Gordon, and Alex Kirilloff their system is pretty weak and no chance they deal any of those guys.

The twins also have good prospects like Busdar Graterol, Trevor Larnarch, Jordan Balazovic, Jhoan Duran, and Ryan Jeffers lying around in their system outside of Lewis and Kirilloff. I wouldn't necessarily say their system is weak.

Now if they were buyers they'd possibly have to deal those intriguing 2nd tier prospects. Hard to say where the system shakes up after that.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Mets gonna trade Wheeler to the Braves?

source.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The Jays didn't even have the decency to help the Yankees win another title before they dominate the league for 10 years from 2022 onwards.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Who was the guy that ruined Andres Gallaraga's perfect game with a safe call on a guy who was out by like 2 feet?