• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Playing 4 elimination games on the same day in a single sport happens absolutely never, that I can recall, - and MLB has it all starting at 10am on a Monday. MANFRED is Larry Scott bad

The NCAA basketball has 16 elimination games on back to back days. Two of about ten days a year that sport is relevant.

Wolfman21

Playing 4 elimination games on the same day in a single sport happens absolutely never, that I can recall, - and MLB has it all starting at 10am on a Monday. MANFRED is Larry Scott bad

must be tough living on a less relevant coast. Enjoy that brunch baseball baby

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
As a long suffering Tigers fan, I'm very familiar with that playoff feel of leaving like 6 guys on base because you hit into terrible double plays when you had opportunity handed to you to change the entire game.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
When you leave runners on base by turning a crucial at bat into a double play by hitting a ground ball that the infield can use to get 2 force outs

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Suzuki would honestly be better off not bringing a bat to the box

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
the NL is shitting all over the AL in watchable games. ALCS should be great tho

Wolfman21

man, the Braves blew that series yesterday. bases loaded twice and no runs. Acuna on 3rd with 0 outs and no run. Acuna on 2nd with 0 outs and no run. Absolutely abysmal. I said after the 7th when they blew the 2nd inning in a row with bases loaded that it would take a miracle for them to win the game. This postseason feels so similar to the 2003 postseason when the Braves went into the NLDS with a high powered offense and they did absolutely nothing. Theres no way in fuck Folty out pitches flaherty for a 2nd time on wednesday.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The Braves situational hitting yesterday was awful. No excuse for Acuna not to score on, at least, one of those occasions.

Wolfman21

The Braves situational hitting yesterday was awful. No excuse for Acuna not to score on, at least, one of those occasions.

been an issue all season.

Outside of that, the Braves pitchers faced the Goldy/Ozuna/Yadi part of the Cardinals lineup 5 separate times yesterday. On only one of those 5 occasions, did they keep the Cardinals from scoring a run going through that part of their lineup.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is the rendered graphic of the new stadium where they were losing to the Nats of performances

Wolfman21

Lol, freeman, donaldson, markakis and mccann are hitting .167, .176, .158 and .200 respectively. And thats with 3 of them being 1 for 2 tonight. Gah damn

Good news for braves, i guess, is that their best players have been swanson who is under 25, albies, acuna and soroka who are all 22 and younger.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Well, the unwritten rules of the game say the Cardinals shouldn't be advancing on the wild pitch/passed ball so I can see why McCann slipped.

Wolfman21

What did you expect from McCann? Hasn't he been a pretty mediocre hitter for a decade?

Half decade, sure. 09-14 he was pretty dang good though. And i didnt expect anything from him. Freeman is the big one. Hes done nothing this series and had multiple chances to put game 4 out of reach and failed.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Lol, freeman, donaldson, markakis and mccann are hitting .167, .176, .158 and .200 respectively. And thats with 3 of them being 1 for 2 tonight. Gah damn

Good news for braves, i guess, is that their best players have been swanson who is under 25, albies, acuna and soroka who are all 22 and younger.

BUMS

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I know a guy who is a dual Tigers/Braves fan. Yikes.

Wolfman21

to be fair...atleast the Braves have given me a reasonable amount of success as a fan. In the playoffs most of the time(even if they shrink when they're there) and have won one title. Redskins lose more games than they win. NC State hasn't won a conference title in a major sport(including baseball) since the early 90's. Charlotte Hornets are not and will never be relevant. The only other team I root for that has given me as much success as a fan is the Carolina Hurricanes with their Cup in 2006 and multiple ECF/Stanley Cup appearances. And they just came off of a decade of irrelevance themselves. Its hard out here man

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
lmao that ball going through the door

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
94469476e6b50b75749ab5eb5891c49a.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The Nats really love nothing more than swinging at balls in the dirt when it's all the guy is throwing.