• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
White Sox? Likeable? get dafuq outta here

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If not the White Sox then the 03 Marlins I guess

Astros and Royals were likable right up until the point they won then became unlikable

Wolfman21

Gonna need @Reel to "way in" on the IG model!

Your typical instagram "model" who takes 95% of their pics wearing as little clothing as possible. Pretty sure i have a younger cousin who is trying her best to head this route. Ive had to block her.

And no, im not posting her account

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
If not the White Sox then the 03 Marlins I guess

Astros and Royals were likable right up until the point they won then became unlikable

I tend to agree with this way of thinking. I didn't care much for baseball, but would follow to keep up to date on it. I liked the Sox and wanted them to end the "curse." Then they did, and they became unbearable. The Astros management has definitely made it hard to think they are "good guys." But they put together a great team this year and they definitely are better than anyone else this season. The'll lose Yordan and Cole, so next year I'd be fine with the Nats winning. I've been watching them build up for years and would be fine seeing them win one. Then I'll probably think they are unbearable and will feel for some other team. I do think the Royals were a team most of the country wanted to see win that year and didn't annoy as much, doe.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What's the world series record for runners left on base? I bet the Nats are threatening it if not bulldozing it

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That was the worst call I've ever seen that wasn't made by Jim Joyce. Why is the ump primarily concerned with servicing his ego instead of getting the call right? Centralized review, NHL style, or fully roboticize all officials. No in-between.

Wolfman21

Then they double down by staring down martinez, getting into a back and forth with him and eventually ejecting him. yuck

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They call pitches a foot outside a strike, I think they can overrule a nonsense rule that's clearly wrong lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I thought they'd immediately go to Hudson against a righty though. Get them both some work.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The rule is just vague as hell.

Do you think 2 batters made the difference on whether they would use Strasburg in game 7 or not? I can buy getting Doolittle work (he looked terrible), but damn Strasburg deserved to finish that game.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Not sure, maybe not.
That was a horrible interpretation of that rule. I can’t believe MLBUA and Torre are defending it. He ran in a straight line.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Also loved the home plate umpire ringing up Robles in revenge for showing up his buddy yesterday instead of allowing it to be appealed to first like it has been all series, where for whatever reason this crew hasn’t been calling swing swings as strikes at all.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not sure, maybe not.
That was a horrible interpretation of that rule. I can’t believe MLBUA and Torre are defending it. He ran in a straight line.

You can't believe Umpires have decided that Umpires did not nothing wrong? :laughing:

That's what I'm saying. I keep hearing this was a "judgement" call. When then you can adjuge upon review that you fucked up in your initial judgement. That's how it's supposed to work. You can judge that the throw was off and Turner had no chance to be safe if he ran out of the line, and sliding at the last second is just asking for a broken wrist or ankle. The rule doesn't serve anybody in this case.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
At least androids Strasburg and Rendon made sure it didn’t matter. Helps to have emotionless beings after a call like that.

This is What AMERICa wants ! I’m sick of being SICK n DISGUSTED by SACK n DUNK dances in the quote unquote other major sports.

ZackMills

Have mercy
MAX really set hisself up well sitting out of game 5. He can be a gutsy hero by pitching a gem in game 7 and if not, oh well, his neck hurt. I assume he'll come out in a neck brace and the ump will make him take it off. Gotta one up bloody sock CURT somehow.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Scherzer is struggling. Nearly every ball put in play has been smoked. Somehow has only given up one.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He's getting lucky. Not gonna last. Need a big inning at the plate, and soon

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Fun series. Thus far feels like Houston is gonna cruise here. Nats can't hit it past the pitcher.

Last edited: