• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
God Robles plate approach is so bad. So so bad. What a dipshit.

Wolfman21

It happened all game. If he got calls it just means the ump’s zone was a mess. I hate the strike zone box on TV too. It feels like it doesn’t take the camera angle into account.

Yup. I've beaten this fucking drum since they put the sumbitch on tv. Almost every tv shot from behind the pitcher is at some sort of angle. And they place the fucking box there like its directly behind the pitcher. No doubt the umps miss their fair share...but those "close" pitches that people bitch about prolly aren't quite as close as they think. Especially in regards to the stupid ass box. God i wish theyd take that shit away.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I mean the box isn't perfect but that pitch to Correa missed by a foot.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wow. They are really making me look like an asshole for being so pessimistic.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Tigers and Nats have virtually same record after 50 games. Tigers go on to lose 114 (!). Nats win World Series?

giphy.gif

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I'm happy for the Nats. I've been watching them build this thing for years and it's nice to see it pay off.

Turner is a baby. Forever around my house we'll say "He's right there" like he did a million times when they were reviewing that play in Game 6. He acted like a 12-year-old.

Gut punch for the Astros. Hard way to lose. The way the Nats heat up after the 6th inning, I understand taking out Greinke. I wonder how it would have played out if they'd just let him keep going after that walk. Let him get hisself out of the inning. It will be interesting to see how things play out for next year, but I'm not sure they'll be as strong of a team as they were this year. This was the year they built up for.

I was a fan of the Braves in the '80s when they were terrible. It was fun to see them get such a great pitching staff in the '90s, but frustrating that they could only win the one Series. It felt that way again for me this year.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
It’s times like this I’m happy I can count on the reliable Padres to go 70-90 every single year- can’t be having these seasons where they’re on pace to lose 120, only to win the WS.
Each of those 70 wins is a treasure, an annual level of success not even the Patriots can claim.

Brown unis come out next week @Orlando

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Sorry that I would hope to win more when you have arguably the best pitching staff in the MLB. If they didn't have that, then I wouldn't hope for it.

I get what you are saying, I watched that team a ton as well. :laughing:

Winning a World Series is hard -- the last team to repeat was the Yankees in 99 and 00 I think. A lot of these teams recently (Cubs, Red Sox) have had incredible seasons and bounced back to missing the playoffs scary quickly.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I get what you are saying, I watched that team a ton as well. :laughing:

Winning a World Series is hard -- the last team to repeat was the Yankees in 99 and 00 I think. A lot of these teams recently (Cubs, Red Sox) have had incredible seasons and bounced back to missing the playoffs scary quickly.

Yeah I'd rank "hardest to consistently win in playoffs/championship" (at least in North American sports)

1. MLB
2. NHL
3. NFL
4. NBA

Baseball and hockey might be 1a and 1b. You're just so prone to bad bounces.

Wolfman21

not to mention they fucking ran Billy Chapel out of town and didn't stand up for Birch when he let the ball bounce off his head. But atleast they got one final moment in Yankee stadium