• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 Off-Season Thread

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
So USC's off-season lulz continue. Since the Kliff Kingsbury Kardinals disaster, the Trojans have decided to pursue another of COACH LEACH's former quarterbacks.

Graham Harrell is reportedly the new USC OC. He's done a good jerb at North Texas, but I wonder if he can stop the hemorrhaging of recruits as well as current players who have decided to transfer. In the past week alone, Bru McCoy, a 5-star WR recruit who was committed to USC for a long time, abruptly changed his mind and is planning on becoming a Longhorn now. Trevon Sidney and Josh Imatorbhebhe have entered the transfer portal as well.

In any case, little will change since Gomer Pyle is still in charge. He's in way over his head and everybody knows it. I'm thinking that Harrell, like Kingsbury, is using USC as a springboard. If he manages to make JT Daniels look halfway competent, and turn Tyler Vaughns and Mike Pittman into NFL prospects, he's gone after this year when NFL teams come sniffing or a CFB head coaching position becomes available.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Mike Stoops is joining the Alabama staff as an analyst.

R.I.P. Bammer dynasty and Saban's career.

Bama hired Charles Kelly as a DB coach and maybe co-dc? Charles Kelly, the guy who was FSUs DC from 2014-2017. And was so unaware of down and distance he was known for 3rd and Kelly. Long 3rd down conversions, many that were at the end of games and cost FSU a win. He lost a few games in the last few seconds of games. Like UNC in 2016 when all they had to do was stop UNC with 21 seconds left and failed. Or Miami in 2017 with about a minute left and failed. He was also part of these wonderful defensive performances.

Oregon loss by 39
Louisville loss by 43
Houston Loss by 17
Boston College loss by 32 lol

Lightningwar

Administrator
I thought they were going to fire Taggart, no?

He will get min 3 years. Unless FSU goes 0-12 in 2019. His buyout is too much to even consider firing right now. Plus firing a guy in year one after what the previous admin burned down on their way out would make it impossible to hire even un under qualified corch.

Skeeter

Uber felon
He will get min 3 years. Unless FSU goes 0-12 in 2019. His buyout is too much to even consider firing right now. Plus firing a guy in year one after what the previous admin burned down on their way out would make it impossible to hire even un under qualified corch.
*Another under qualified coach.

Lightningwar

Administrator
*Another under qualified coach.

I'm reely curious how tOSU does with a career QB coach at the helm. Lets discuss in 5 years. Taggart may be under-qualified for FSU. But at least he had a decade of HC experience and turning around programs before showing up in Tallahassee.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'm reely curious how tOSU does with a career QB coach at the helm. Lets discuss in 5 years. Taggart may be under-qualified for FSU. But at least he had a decade of HC experience and turning around programs before showing up in Tallahassee.
You'll get no argument from me that day is under qualified. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Renegade

Charge on!
National Signing Day is tomorrow. Anyone give a fuck? Early signing period has really ruined the drama.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Signing day means less now because of ESD and the transfer portal. What does it matter who you sign today when guys leave next season anyways? Im not against the portal. Far from it. But also realize the days of guys committing and staying are coming to an end.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Two fans of programs that haven't been relevant since the 90s tom bout the importance of CROOTIN

Priceless

bruin

wasn't mandel butthurt that CHIP didn't end up in da SEC??!

kid was a washington legacy...and from washington.

imo, a successful NSD.

5G9Q.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator
PLAN SOMETHING

That was pretty crunch when watching it live. The only plan at this point is somehow get an OL that doesnt have 4 guys place in the bottom 5% of lineman. And thus show QBs they wont die on the field like FSU QBs have since 2015.

Last edited: