• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 Off-Season Thread

Lightningwar

Administrator
This was bound to happen. He kept talking about it before the game. The more he talked the more he dug himself a hole. Saban was smart and didn't talk. Think anything will come from it? I doubt it.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
UCLA now reduced to playing non-conference road against Group of 6 schools.

<laughing-duck.gif>

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
These fucking coaches, man. Reading an article about the spate of transfers, and these coaches need a swift kick to the nuts. I mean:

"When I see the guy bragging about how many waivers [are approved], that's not what this is about," TCU coach Gary Patterson said. "In how many households are the teenagers making decisions? Why are we sitting here saying they need more leverage?

They're 18, you fuckwad. They literally have the ability to make their own decisions! Why are you talking about college students like they're 14 years old and can't drive?

"We have seen kids that have entered the transfer portal and haven't been on campus for a semester," Penn State coach James Franklin said. "How do you learn to overcome adversity and fight through battles and learn to compete? I worry about that for our sport; I worry about that for kids and our country. The path of least resistance very rarely is the answer. How do you have discipline and structure and tough conversations in your program if there's always a Plan B, an outlet with no real repercussions?"

Our kids and our country? Not sure my eyes could roll any harder. Always a plan B? Maybe stop hiring retread coaches because of the good ole boy coaching network, and we'll talk about this.

Let's talk about coaches having to sign on and guarantee they'll stay 4 years, and then we can talk about the transfer portal. Otherwise, get fucked, assholes.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-waivers-future-college-football-free-agency

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
These fucking coaches, man. Reading an article about the spate of transfers, and these coaches need a swift kick to the nuts. I mean:

They're 18, you fuckwad. They literally have the ability to make their own decisions! Why are you talking about college students like they're 14 years old and can't drive?

Our kids and our country? Not sure my eyes could roll any harder. Always a plan B? Maybe stop hiring retread coaches because of the good ole boy coaching network, and we'll talk about this.

Let's talk about coaches having to sign on and guarantee they'll stay 4 years, and then we can talk about the transfer portal. Otherwise, get fucked, assholes.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-waivers-future-college-football-free-agency

Yup. These dudes are dead wrong about this. Especially Franklin. A guy who constantly preaches for his guys to graduate early and "do what's best for them." His comments here just reek of hypocrisy. He's butthurt because PSU was hit especially hard this year with the transfer portal. Oh well. Them's the breaks.

-YTC

Lightningwar

Administrator
I suspect some of the transfer portal stuff will die down over time. Not everybody who goes in will find a new home. And I would imagine there will be stories of players who went into the portal, didnt transfer, but never saw the field to make players think twice about putting their name in there to see what happens.

With that said the coaches can eat a giant greasy wet fart imo. They are paid millions to manage this new aspect of their program. Maybe dont oversell to these kids in highschool so they dont bolt after 3 months on campus.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
yeah, UCLA's always played road non-power schools on the road

SDSU
UNLV
Memphis
Nevada
etc

still stands I think UCLA, USC and Notre Dame have never played a FCS school

I think Washington used to be on that list, but IIRC they broke it a few seasons ago.

To be fair, though - FCS/Div I-AA is relatively recent. I think back in the 1980s, UCLA regularly played Long Beach State, and way back in the day, USC played Occidental.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The University of Nebraska was reportedly “made aware of the allegations against Washington” during the fall of 2018, but Washington has not been made available to the Santa Clara Sheriff’s Department for an interview despite requests made to the school’s athletic department. Washington was not disciplined by the school, and played in 11 games during his freshman season.

So, if I'm reading this right, Nebraska found out about this during the season and did nothing. It's not like this is something he did like 5 years ago, either. It was in 2018.

Brick

lol, leavitt out at oregon and CORCH CROOT promoted. this is too good. it's like the real life version of playing ncaa 2007 and simming the season to get to the CROOTIN.

oregon now has both an OC/DC who have never had success in those positions and a coach who is neither an offensive or defensive mind. these fuckers mang.

Brick

of course they are. let's hold on to the corch who apparently has a #1 nfl pick at QB and scored a single touchdown in a bowl game. instead of the dude who held their opponent to 0 TDs. can't wait to see this shit crash and burn after herbert leaves.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
NORMA has a quiet off season so far, but she thrashed a @Yankee151 effigy around for a bit today for practice.

Edit: Either instagram not working anymore or they removed this VIOLENT MURDER vidya.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
If nothing else, HURTS has won over his new teammates in the weight room. On field performance is still to be determined, obviously, but he's gelled with the team pretty quickly.

Renegade

Charge on!
Not going to lie. Hope #DoSomething calls up Leavitt. Barnett and his B1G Quarters defense, I am not a fan.

The guy is a giant schmuck on a personal level, but he can coach the shit out of a defense. Was there ever a clear explanation of why he didn't come with Taggart last year? That had been rumored, then he stayed at Oregon.

Lightningwar

Administrator
The guy is a giant schmuck on a personal level, but he can coach the shit out of a defense. Was there ever a clear explanation of why he didn't come with Taggart last year? That had been rumored, then he stayed at Oregon.

Oregon threw more money at him.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Gr8s just lucky most of our players are still doing interdimensional travelling in the PORTAL this year, otherwise we'd win

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They just signed their best QB commit ever. I think they’ll be okay without the guy who couldn’t complete 60% of his passes, had a 13/11 TD/INT ratio, and was benched at multiple points in the season, some of which were due to him having a million concussions

bruin

How many carries will Jonathan Taylor get next year? 400?

my god he's still there???

former 5STAR croot Jaelan Phillips announced his transfer to Miami @Yankee151 from UCLA @bruin228 last week. Guy was all world in HS, but never did anything here. Supposedly he got in a bad car accident before last season and didn't tell anyone, then played a few games and got hurt then told everybody on IG. Plus he's had a few concussions.

edit* looks like it was mentioned in da U thread. My b.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan's starting DEs both went under 4.6 at the combine, and their MLB went 4.44. How fucking awful was that defensive performance against OSU? God damn.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
source.gif

Brick

Canzano, who joined The Oregonian staff in Dec. 2002, is now an 11-time APSE award winner. The APSE award is considered the most prestigious prize in sports writing.

This APSE award was Canzano’s third in the Investigative category in his career. He has twice been named the nation’s No. 1 sports columnist in the APSE. He also has won an APSE award in the Projects category.

giphy.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator
my god he's still there???

former 5STAR croot Jaelan Phillips announced his transfer to Miami @Yankee151 from UCLA @bruin228 last week. Guy was all world in HS, but never did anything here. Supposedly he got in a bad car accident before last season and didn't tell anyone, then played a few games and got hurt then told everybody on IG. Plus he's had a few concussions.

edit* looks like it was mentioned in da U thread. My b.

He is sitting out this year due to his injuries.