• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020-2021 Bowl Thread Edition - Protect ya neck

bruin

(I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray)
But when I woke up this morning
I could have sworn it was judgment day

Bowl season is here. Christmas is Friday. Accepted a bowl bid or not, to each their own. Watch Gremlins, or get that Christmas episode of The Wonder Years in (the ep when the Arnold annual Christmas party goes haywire kills me). Enjoy time with your loved ones, gather around the fireplace and reminisce about Rose Bowl’s of the past. I lift my cup, Nutopia. I love you all.

Also, a honorary mention to @Travis7401
Who saw any of this coming?
I’m just glad we have the BLOG to keep chugging each day.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
0bb04e29ff28a421768e9819305fad50.jpg

bruin

Dabo (well his secretary) voted Ohio State 11th. I don’t know what’s funnier, the trolling or the fact we still have a COACHES poll in 2020.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
@jamesnathan u r put on notice! Boca bowl championship on the line!

This should be a competitive game. If BYU plays with some motivation, they should be favored to win their first game in the state of Florida. But if they come out like they did against Coastal Carolina, then UCF should win. I'm interested in seeing which version of BYU comes to play and how this plays out.

Brick

This should be a competitive game. If BYU plays with some motivation, they should be favored to win their first game in the state of Florida. But if they come out like they did against Coastal Carolina, then UCF should win. I'm interested in seeing which version of BYU comes to play and how this plays out.
ah the ol' "ma'team only ever loses if they aren't motivated" shtick!

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Yeah. Because that's what I said. If they were playing a team that was vastly superior, like Clemson, I wouldn't say this. But when teams are matched like these two, then wanting it more plays a role. BYU played with no fire against Coastal and it ruined the whole year. Coastal wanted it more. Who wants it more tonight? We shall see.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I have. But I think they are pretty evenly matched. I mean, the game was won by 2 yards. If Coastal had travelled to Provo, perhaps that could have made a difference. Coastal's offense definitely played right into BYU's weaknesses on defense. I think that would still happen. I know it's funny for everyone to play that I'm just a stupid fan who won't admit his team wasn't as good. But I honestly think it was too teams that are pretty equal and it's the little things that made the difference in the game. BYU made little mistakes and Coastal took full advantage. If BYU's receivers hadn't dropped passes they'd been catching all year, it would have made a difference. If they were to play again, I expect Coastal's offense would perform just as well. But BYU's offense could play better and it would still be a very close game but BYU could win it. There's not much separation between those two teams.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
No they aren't, because apparently motivation has no role in sports whatsoever and I'm an idiot for thinking it does.

Renegade

Charge on!
I’m nor very motivated to continue watchimg

Nor was I. All I want for Christmas is half the coaching staff to get pink slips in their stockings. Randy Shannon, Willie Martinez, and all the other clowns on defense plus the ST coach and maybe the OL coach.