• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020-21 Corches Trebuchet

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It’s supposedly done. I don’t understand but maybe nobody else would take the jerb with investigation looming? Hope they didn’t hire a search firm so he can just hire his own guy.

Renegade

Charge on!
I think they'll go 8-4 in Year 2. What's the deal with his style?

He’s very stubborn to the point of arrogance in his belief in his game-plan. Can’t/won’t make in game adjustments. His solution is to just keep running the same plays. It can get video game like with him just going rage deep ball until one finally connects.

Doesn’t really feel like he has learned from his mistakes. Saw the same shit against Tulsa this year that we saw last year for instance.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
He’s very stubborn to the point of arrogance in his belief in his game-plan. Can’t/won’t make in game adjustments. His solution is to just keep running the same plays. It can get video game like with him just going rage deep ball until one finally connects.

Doesn’t really feel like he has learned from his mistakes. Saw the same shit against Tulsa this year that we saw last year for instance.

Yeah but did he just make himself O or D coordinator? If not he still has a lot to learn.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Can @Bmack confirm this claim of Paradise? Personally, I had always thought Paradise was simply the name of the unicorporated region of Las Vegas' Strip.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Can @Bmack confirm this claim of Paradise? Personally, I had always thought Paradise was simply the name of the unicorporated region of Las Vegas' Strip.

I mean they do a good job of keeping the place clean. No homeless problem. They have strange ordinances. NO signs over like 6 feet. No car dealerships. WHen I first moved nearby and started working in Boca there was no HOoters because it was apparently kicked out, according to rumor. But its back now.

Renegade

Charge on!
Was looking back at stuff posted on the UCF board when Heupel was hired. Looking at how his offense works in the SEC...

The good:

1. Missouri improved from 124th nationally in offense the year before Heupel arrived to 13th and seventh his last season there, averaging 511.5 yards and 39.3 points per game.
  2. Heupel dramatically improved Drew Lock in one year, TD/INT from 23/10 to 44/13, increased his accuracy while also increasing his YPA and jumped his QBR up 30pts.
The bad:
  1. The 2017 PPG goes down to 26 when you remove FCS/G5 opponents (Missouri St., Idaho, and UConn). Scored just 3 points against Purdue (only 203 yards!) and 13 against South Carolina. But also lit up UF for 45, Tennessee for 50, and Arkansas for 48.

Same thing at UCF. Heupel lights up shit opponents and then struggles against teams who can match up with his WRs.

Lightningwar

Administrator

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

Paradise is a living hell when Taggart is running it.

I heard a rumor the reason Jim Leavitt moved on was Taggart was complaining about the defense and leavitt muttered something about the offense and Taggart lost his shit and they got into a physical altercation.

In the last 11 years of Taggarts career he has had 11 OCs and 10 DCs lol

Renegade

Charge on!
Landed a 4* WR today with no coach. Something Heupel couldn’t do in 4 recruiting classes.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
Hell did UCF hire an athletic director?

I wonder what was going on between them, however I read from Missouri players that Heupel would rub them the wrong way & gave no shits

No AD either.

We knew that a lot of the defensive players didn't like Heupel. Randy Shannon was almost more like co-HC. He was hired to run the defense and he was in charge of the defense and all the players. But it's really shocking how many of the offensive players have now said good riddance. I think Heupel is so much coach-speak that he is incapable of being real and relating to players. There were also rumors that he was big on telling a player what they wanted to hear then failed to follow through on his commitment. So take that FWIW.

Also, Drew Lock shat all over Heupel personally and his offense after he left Missouri. Of course, Lock also said that Derek Dooley was a superior OC, which is pretty fucking laughable.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I have no memory of when he was at Tennessee. I know he was but I have zero. Under which corch?

Craig7835

I was watching a video about the Rise & Fall of Tom Herman, a Youtube user named CrazyRussian16 made some valid points especially about Todd Orlando

1. He brought a Group of 5 staff with him from Houston, when he had the money and resources available for him to bring in proven P5 assistant coaches. This was Charlie Strong's nail in the coffin as well. On the defensive side of the ball, DC Todd Orlando is someone you would call "PlayStation" coach. Rather than tailoring a scheme to the talent available on the roster, TO is married to one specific scheme. In a state rich with DL talent he elected to run a 3 man "tite" front, where the main responsibility of the DL was to eat up blocks, while running "exotic" LB and DB blitzes. He also spent minimal time on teaching the fundamentals (tackling, shedding blocks). Position coaches complained that they didn't have enough time with their respective position groups. By years 2 and 3, opposing offensive and defensive coordinators figured his tendencies. Turns out that if you send a DB blitzing from 15 yards deep, he will never make it to the QB in time and there will be an empty chunk of grass for your WR to occupy. On offense, Tom's buddy Herb Hand was responsible for some of the weakest offensive line performances in years. Nine sacks given up to OU in 2019, with Texas linemen playing out of position should've been a fireable offense. His WR coach, Drew Mehringer, would get fired for being a complete asshole and having WRs threaten to quit the team if his behavior was not dealt with. Tom Herman got a do-over after a disappointing 2019 season and hired a new offensive and defensive coordinator. Chris Ash did okay as a defensive coordinator, as he only had 1/3 the practice time to install a completely new defensive scheme. The defense played better with a 4 man front and there was more focus on the fundamentals, rather than teaching idiotic blitzes. On offense, it turned out that the OC position wasn't as much the issue as was Tom Herman's meddling with the playcalling. Texas rolled out the same boring and predictable play script which featured Sam Ehlinger as a battering ram. It didn't take long to realize that Texas offense looking nothing like what the new OC, Mike Yurcich, like to run at his other coaching stops.

2. TH is a terrible game manager and gameday coach. There are many examples of him mismanaging the clock and placing the defense in a bad position before the end of half/game. Under Tom Herman, Texas has participated in an unusually high number of one possession games. These games featured peer level and inferior level competition. Since start of 2017, Texas has participated in 27(Highest in FBS) one score games, with a record of 14-13. Tom Herman has the second lowed number of 20+ point conference games wins in the entire Big12 during that time period. TH has had eight losses to unranked teams, seven of which came when Texas was ranked. These statistics are indicative of consistent 'playing down to the competition". Anytime TH got out to a 2+ score lead, the play calling went full 'turtle mode", as described by Texas fans. This was such a big issue, that according to the 2020 Alamo Bowl game announcers, Sam Ehlinger and Tom Herman got into multiple sideline altercation over this phenomenon.

3. Recruiting was starting to fade. Texas lost several key in state commitments during the 2020 season. Quinn Ewers elected to change his commitment to tOSU. The Brockermeyer twin (UT legacy players) elected to go to Alabama. Alabama is expected to claim the best Texas players at almost every position by the second signing day. Texas did manage to secure a #17 ranking after the December signing day, but the downward trend in recruiting is clear and is only expected to get worse. There were rumors of current and past Texas players discouraging recruits from playing for tom Herman. Recruiting was the last redeeming quality of TH.

4. Tom Herman is an immature asshole. Mocking other team's players, flipping the double bird to the Longhorn Network cameras (during a broadcast), and his gimmicky attempts to motivate and unite the team paint the picture of a narcissistic idiot, who thinks he is the smartest man in the room. TH would be the first person to tell you the he is part of a high IQ organization (MENSA), and would be the last to claim responsibility for a loss (throws assistant coaches and players under the bus). A number of players came out to say the he would not even greet or acknowledge their existence when passing them in the hallway. After his firing, there were several former player who "liked" the news or straight said "good riddance". I think Texas has had enough of hiring little league coaches. They what they didn't learn from the Charlie Strong experience, they probably learned by now. I would imagine they would have lost a fair amount of players to the transfer portal during this offseason, had he stayed.
Show less

Renegade

Charge on!
UCF hired Terry Mojahir from Arkansas State to be the AD. He tried to hire Jeff Lebby back in December before settling on Bitch Jones due to money. So hoping we can wrap that hire up by the end of the week and start getting ready for spring practice.