• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 MLB Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Is that @fried rice ?

Y8yMHiG.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I used to get into arguments on this site (or whatever site this used to be) about SABERmetrics vs. OLD SKOOL baseball being on TEAM NERDS.

But this shit has totally jumped the shark and made baseball unwatchable. Taking Snell out last night was moronic.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I used to get into arguments on this site (or whatever site this used to be) about SABERmetrics vs. OLD SKOOL baseball being on TEAM NERDS.

But this shit has totally jumped the shark and made baseball unwatchable. Taking Snell out last night was moronic.

Even baseball nerds know that this was the WS, right? Game 6 at that. No need to save his pitch count like it was Game 1, or some regular season game in June.

What I dont understand is Cash refusing to push back on what I assume was marching orders from above. Or Snell hisself telling Cash to get forked.

GTfan27

I take this back, I went through Snell's game logs and now the decision is even harder to understand. This was an early pull even by their own nerd standards

The only logical thought process is that the Dodgers lineup is just so daunting that the number 9 hitter getting a single is too defeating for any pitcher to go into the dreaded "third time through the order". Cash prefers his bullpen over that.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
What I dont understand is Cash refusing to push back on what I assume was marching orders from above.
Current managers are just shills for GMs in MLB. It's why guys with zero experience keep on getting hired.

There's a reason why Bochy put a clown suit on basically every manager he's faced in the playoffs.

nowitsourtime

Pulling Snell was a mistake but putting in Anderson, who had not gotten any clean outings in 6 consecutive games, was the real blunder. If Cash puts in Castillo or Fairbanks it might be a more defensible move.

If you are pulling a guy who is pitching well, it better damn well be for one of your best arms in your bullpen.

Also would've helped if any Rays hitter besides Arozarena could hit a baseball consistently.

GTfan27

Trevor Bauer going in:

Typical MLB here. A problem exists. Blame the players. Take no responsibility. Take note of public perception. Launch a partisan investigation to appease the public. Has anyone bothered to consider how a player who was supposed to be protected by the “bubble” protocol supposedly contracted the virus? First thing wrong here: as I’ve noted before, the bubble protocol was…porous, to put it kindly. Second problem here, why are a players medical results being broadcast to the world?…being asked not to celebrate winning “a piece of metal” with your teammates, who you’ve already sat next to that day in the locker room, showered with, high-fived in the dugout, etc. is RIDICULOUS.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Who knows if it wasn't a false-positive to boot. Lotsa those fuckers released with player info. No regard for HIPAA.

GTfan27

I'd love to see him on the Bravos. The little Twitter feud during the playoffs was just trolling I'm hopin

Wolfman21

I'd love to see him on the Bravos. The little Twitter feud during the playoffs was just trolling I'm hopin

hes on record saying watching Smoltz, Glav and Maddux is what got him into pitching as a young kid. I don't think the Braves will have enough money for him, but would be nice

Wolfman21

Well yeah, isn’t that more our generation? Bauer was born in 91, that trio pitched together from 93-98?

93-02...he would have been old enough to see them together. He would have been 8 years old to see them in the 99 world series for instance. But my point was that if he looks at those guys as his pitching idols, maybe he has a place in his heart where he wants to wear the A like they did. Braves are gonna need all the help they can get to sign him as they won't be able to bring the most money to the table.