• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 MLB Thread

Wolfman21

Luis robert signs a 6 year contract worth 50 mil with two option years worth 40 before hes even in the major league record books.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah I like that deal for both, no real downside for either and they can start him right away this year rather than Kris Bryanting him

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ZackMills

Have mercy
Watching Signs with Lenny. Merrill was a player before his time!

SFC Cunningham:
You didn't used to play baseball did ya? Shit, I know you. You're Merrill Hess! I was there the day you hit that 507-footer over the left field wall, set the record. Man, that thing had a motor on it. It's still the record right?

Merrill:
Got the bat at home on the wall.

SFC Cunningham:
You've got two minor league home-run records, don't ya?

Merrill:
Five.

SFC Cunningham:
Why weren't you in the pros making stacks of cash and getting your toes licked by beautiful women?

Lionel Prichard:
'Cause he has another record most people don't know about. He has the minor league strikeout record.

Merrill:
Hello Lionel.

Lionel Prichard:
Merrill's a class-A screw up. He would just swing that bat as hard as he could every time. Didn't matter what the coaches said, didn't matter who was on base. He would just whip that bat through the air as hard as he could. Looked like a lumberjack chopping down a tree. Merrill here has more strikeouts than any two players.

SFC Cunningham:
You really got the strikeout record?

Merrill:
Felt wrong not to swing.

Wolfman21

Lose a couple lotto picks and their manager and gm. The Braves got a harsher punishment for sliding kevin maitan some money on the side. What a fuckin joke. Fuck you manfred

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
It makes me wonder if it's not stiffer because they couldn't prove it enough? Not enough evidence? The evidence they had was enough for the punishments they handed out, but not enough to take away the ring? I wish there was more info about that aspect of this and not just telling us about the punishment.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Dear Rob Manfred,

YOU LENIENT CUNT! You should have forced Houston to vacate their stolen 2017 rings, NCAA style. Coward! Nique ta mere fils de pute! #ManfredDemission

Signed,

The Hachiko!

Wolfman21

Aj Hinch literally admitted to it...said he tried to stop it once or twice, but allowed it to continue. Manfred is just terrible

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Aj Hinch literally admitted to it...said he tried to stop it once or twice, but allowed it to continue. Manfred is just terrible

Well, then. There you go. Maybe they couldn't prove it was done during the playoffs/World Series?

Again, I'm not excusing the cheating. I'm just trying to figure out why MLB didn't take the rings away. Because it's either they couldn't prove they cheated during the playoffs/World Series, or they didn't have the balls to do it.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I still haven't had time to really dive into the findings or anything, but I wonder if the fact that the manager tried to stop it from time to time? So he wasn't really involved? If this were the NCAA, the rings would be gone. But it's not easy to take away a chompionship in the pros. Perhaps if they had video evidence of the cheating they'd be able to? Dale Murphy said yesterday that he thinks the punishment will deter future cheating efforts. I disagree; if you can cheat, get a ring, and get to keep it even if you are fired from your job or kicked out of the MLB for life, I could see plenty of people thinking that was worth it. I think the Astros firings were the right thing to do, and I expect MLB will hand down some heavier punishments to Cora. I was surprised Beltran seems to be getting away with it, doe.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Beltran was a player and Manfred is punishing only those in charge. This is fine with me I guess. unfortunately the Mets get to keep their great hire

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Tried to stop it from time to time is such a weird excuse. There were monitors everywhere, people were banging on trash cans and whistling and obviously cheating and he’s in charge in the dugout. Tell them to stop and make them stop?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Tried to stop it from time to time is such a weird excuse. There were monitors everywhere, people were banging on trash cans and whistling and obviously cheating and he’s in charge in the dugout. Tell them to stop and make them stop?

I'm just trying to make sense of the punishment. He was fired because he should have stopped it. Not just tried but shrug your shoulders when they keep doing it. Dale Murphy also said that players tell everything they can about their old team when they get traded or sign with a new team. So for these guys to think this wasn't going to get out is a bit mind blowing. This whole thing seems so stupid. Why be so dumb and make it something that anyone can verify happened with video where they can hear the banging? Why only "try" to stop it instead of full-on stopping it? So much dumb here.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Alex Cora,

Come to LA pendejo. We shall tear you to pieces. Literally. Figuratively. MOST DEFINITELY. Muhuhuhuhuhahahahaahaaaaah! ctmhdp!

Signed,

The LA Dodger fans living here hdp!

bruin

Dodgers still win it in 2017 if Kenley Jansen does throw a cutter right down the dick in game 2 on a 0-2 count.

Still stings

Wolfman21

Just wipe all these fucking teams off the map. Its not enough that they can outbid 90% of the league for any player they want i guess