• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 MLB Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Is that because the Phillies don't know if there will be a season next week or is it really that bad? I'm going to have to start paying attention to this because this has to be the most entertaining thing in a while.

MLB hasn’t told them their schedule for next week. The players were tested Monday and had no positive. The players requested a second round of tests, yesterday, and nobody tested positive. Only team member to test positive was a member of the visiting team clubhouse staff and he was sent home for two weeks. This is all on Manfred for not knowing what to do. The only positive is the Phillies players are getting paid for the missed games since it’s not their fault that Manfred is clueless.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Put the Marlins in a bubble for other teams to come to play. Problem solved.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm kind of surprised and impressed by how hard even big time baseball people (let alone current players) are going at them in public.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Manfred is universally despised and handed out zero punishment to the players. Now Rona cancelled Boo Tour 2020 and the players are having Recent Outrages but getting more punishment than the cheaters! Meanwhile, the Astros top 3 bats are like 3-70 to start the season.

I think they continue to get heat. Will the Angels go after them next @TrojanMan? No playoff losses obviously but the Astros cheated in meaningless games also.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
if @TrojanMan returns to answer this I also demand a status update on the rats in the stadium. Have more moved in because of less humans trying to kill them, or without all the food waste have they sought greener pastures?

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Lol just end it already. So St. Louis will be postponed, I assume Minnesota will be postponed since they just played them....this will just keep snowballing all year as more teams test positive.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
3 ten team bubbles play each team in bubble 4 times you play 36 games (do we really need any more that are not relevant we don’t want to be college basketball here) move a certain number of top teams into next bubble phase for playoffs . Play them all at one new clean site.

Pay me a consulting fee after you make so much money on this compelling meaningful game drama.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They should have done a bubble in like Omaha or something where the longest fence is 400ft. 60 game season where the entire roster hits 25 dingers

Wolfman21

always good to see the braves beat the mets....especially when they come back from down 8-2 in the 5th and score 5 in the bottom of the 8th to win 11-10

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Why don't they just call it and gather at the spring training facilities to quarantine if you test negative and restart in 10 days? I read that the mlbpa doesn't want to do bubbles but what else are you going to do at this point?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Why don't they just call it and gather at the spring training facilities to quarantine if you test negative and restart in 10 days? I read that the mlbpa doesn't want to do bubbles but what else are you going to do at this point?

It's the only chance. Baseball players being the absolute dumbest guys in sports is what's driving this- NBC reported that several Marlins players were out partying in Atlanta a few days before the season, and look what that got us.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I remember a few years ago walking by M&T stadium while a big lacrosse tourney day was letting out. This was in my nascency of Maryland Hating and I was baffled that such a bougie sport somehow attracted such a beer gut and wife beater type crowd. Such is the duality of Marylanders I would later realize: Douchebagy dudebrah...rednecks.

That this was a thing outside of Texas kinda blew me away

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Yeah, that's absolutely insane. I was always a big Gwynn fan, definitely gone too soon.

What's the Juice story?

June 11, 1994 the Padres finished a series at the San Francisco Giants. June 12, 1994 was an off day. San Diego began a home stand against the Cubs on June 13, 1994.

This was an alternate theory that the Cochran legal team quashed bringing up in defense of Orenthal Juice Simpson.

3/4's of this is accurate.