• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 MLB Thread

Wolfman21

so Yoenis Cespedes apparently didn't show up to the Braves park today and the Mets can't find him or get in touch with him.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Mariners LF seats

EegzvvcVAAIdJW9

Wolfman21

soroka likely just ruptured his achilles and all of the sudden i'm ok with MLB just shutting this shit down. fuck

CJ_24

St. Paul Saints had fans w/ social distancing at their game tonight. I'm still not certain why they couldn't have 30% maybe 40% capacity at mlb games. Nba, sure I get that it's problematic because everyone is confined in doors. But baseball, where you're outside at a huge stadium, why can't you safely have some attendance? Same likely goes for footbaw

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
St. Paul Saints had fans w/ social distancing at their game tonight. I'm still not certain why they couldn't have 30% maybe 40% capacity at mlb games. Nba, sure I get that it's problematic because everyone is confined in doors. But baseball, where you're outside at a huge stadium, why can't you safely have some attendance? Same likely goes for footbaw
Drunk idiots is why

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I'd rather sail TROG class and eat nothing buffets on a Carnival Cruise than go to St. Paul Saints game during a pandemic.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think it’s easier to be creative and experimental in smaller leagues first. There are several summer leagues playing in NOVA, would be going to local games but too busy with an infant. MLB also hasn’t figured out the more key logistical challenges with this whole situation yet.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
After all of those "peaceful protests" I'm not sure why we're all wasting our time with more of this "socially distancing" theatre. We never should have shut down "for two weeks" back in March.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
if @TrojanMan returns to answer this I also demand a status update on the rats in the stadium. Have more moved in because of less humans trying to kill them, or without all the food waste have they sought greener pastures?

Eric Garcetti was confused by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim name; he thought Anaheim was a borough of LA, and that he has the authority to shut down all gatherings there. When the rats didn’t respond to his commands to disperse, he had the water and electricity shut off. Then the rats complained that their feelings were hurt, so he designated it as a protected reserve for 3 species: rats, Japanese dudes who can’t pitch, and Dominican seniors who claim to be 40 but are more likely 50 and can barely move.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
So A's bench coach accidentally does a nazi salute in an elbow bump line and people want him to go to jail lol

Like jesus people, it was obviously an accident.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
https://sports.theonion.com/cardboard-fan-in-stable-condition-after-being-hit-by-fo-1844637454

BOSTON—Assuring Red Sox Nation that the cutout would make a full recovery, General Manager Brian O’Halloran told reporters Friday that a cardboard fan was in stable condition after being hit by a foul ball. “We were all horrified by the accident, but thankfully the fan will come away from this incident with just a few dents and crumples,” said O’Halloran, who commended paramedics for rushing to the scene and taping the cutout’s head back on before it was too late. “The safety of our fans is our top priority. We’re lucky that the cardboard man is okay after that close call. Rest assured, we’re giving him season tickets for life.” In a related report, a Nationals–Orioles game was suspended after a cardboard fan succumbed to a thunderstorm.

Wolfman21

Chip Caray just said the braves needed 9 more outs to win the game. There were 0 outs in the 5th. Seems hes opened up his grandpas budweiser storage a little early today

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Chip Caray just said the braves needed 9 more outs to win the game. There were 0 outs in the 5th. Seems hes opened up his grandpas budweiser storage a little early today

Sources indicate they are playing a 7 inning double header today.