• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020: Week 1 Thread- In a Big Country

bruin

In a big country dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside
Stay alive

LABOR DAY WEEKEND ON THE HORIZON. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Notable games of note:
Eastern Kentucky at Marshall, 1:00 EST, ESPN
Arkansas State at Memphis, 8:00 EST, ESPN
BYU at Navy, 8:00 EST, ESPN (MONDAY)3EBA53A7-187D-4832-A781-AC90DAA57B88.jpeg
4055804A-2814-4884-BEDF-39C98B1ECA8A.pngC6A755A6-2708-44E8-ACA1-28A8E58BB71E.pngC3EFD819-D8E2-4EE8-BC64-39E26E3E40CA.jpeg4740EF21-EF9C-4B5D-A0BF-8A4D2E725F2B.jpeg

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
index.php

I was at this game as a student. FANTASTIC FINISH @Bmack

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
lol, surely this won't encourage anyone strapping on their peg leg and shoulder parrot...

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OU's TV contract basically guarantees they have a PPV every year for a bodybag game that won't be picked up by one of the big networks. Kinda shitty but everyone needs to make money, including their opponent. Petrino needs a new motorcycle, I'm sure.

Also, RATTLER was officially named the starting QB today. LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
HERMANO @Bmack , DOING THE LORDS WORK

ALSO, THE QB ON THAT BRUINS TEAM...MARK HARMON. LOOK FAMILIAR?!?View attachment 13822

Hermano, Harmon is the reason for the SZN. I was watching the 1993 Miami at FSU game on ESPNtheU. The next show after was a college football 150 show from last year, Harmon was an interviewee n they showed a highlight of him running the wishbone. I then began to look up his stats noting that, just like Astronaut High ALL-AMERICAN Collinsworth, he was a running QB. Then it lead me to his first START, a smiting of NEBRASKA.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Eastern Kentucky vs. Marshall on SCREEN 1. Many connections to these two.

EKU---The school that Astronaut High's first principal Abe Collinsworth visited in 1971 to find a graduate assistant who would be the new HEAD COACH, Jay Donnelly. The schools first Offensive line coach was an EKU grad as well.

Marshall- I've had a cousin drop out of Marshall, and this is where the basketball player ma'dad watched and idolized on the local playgrounds n gymnasiums Mike D'antoni matriculated

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Was hoping for a notable game, but Navy looks like they will lose every game this season.

When's their next game? Maybe they'll actually practice tackling before it happens? That will help the D as well as help the QB not look like a deer in the headlights (or help them decide the guy who played in the second half should be their starter).

M'FIL is ex-Navy, so it's especially hard to cheer against them. That was hard to watch, even as a BYU fan.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
They do have a good OL, but hard to know how good they'll actually be with this schedule. I'm hoping some noteworthy team needs a game later in the season as BYU has said they are open to adding games as the season goes along. Give them a chance to see how good they really are.

And m'apologies to @Brick that BYU's only penalty was a false start. Rest assured that when they come to Houston next month if they don't have 12 targeting or late hit penalties by the end of the game that I will personally run onto the field and headbutt the first ref I see so that your schtick will still seem funny 6 years later.