• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues) Barca Death Spiral Edition

Snorky's Shame

Knocked out evil Qatari oil money in miraculous circumstances
Knocked out evil Russian oligarch money in somewhat miraculous circumstances
Knocked out evil UAE oil money in miraculous circumstances

Scratching my head when Real Madrid became the good guys in all of this.

Or are they just the lesser of a multitude of evils?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Knocked out evil Qatari oil money in miraculous circumstances
Knocked out evil Russian oligarch money in somewhat miraculous circumstances
Knocked out evil UAE oil money in miraculous circumstances

Scratching my head when Real Madrid became the good guys in all of this.

Or are they just the lesser of a multitude of evils?

Pulling for Real did NOT feel good.

Snorky's Shame

So we have a final of two “Bluebloods”, Real Madrid and Liverpool.

It got me thinking who are the other Bluebloods of club soccer like the Bluebloods of College Basketball.

This is my list:

Real Madrid
Barcelona (wouldn’t be on this list 25 years ago)
Liverpool
Manchester United
Bayern
Milan
Ajax
Boca Juniors
River Plate
Al-Ahly

Juventus only has two European Cups/Champions’ Leagues.

Internazionale doesn’t have the European titles Milan does or the Serie A titles Juventus has.

France only has one European title and that club has only won 10 Ligue Une titles (Marseille).

Brazil doesn’t have one or two clubs that stand out and the league isn’t that old. Maybe Palmeiras, Corinthians or Flamengo can separate themselves from the pack.

Nacional and Penarol have the resume but do most fans know who they are nowadays? I suppose you can make the same argument for Al-Ahly.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
RB Leipzig scores in the 93rd minute to draw against 17th placed Bielefield, ESPN cuts to a 12-14 yr old Leipzig fan giving the double bird :laughing:

Snorky's Shame

We are headed towards the finish line.

Hamburg - Hertha in the promotion playoff on Thursday and Monday. Two clubs that should be in 1.Bundesliga. Schalke and Bremen have been promoted.

Everything settled in Spain except for a relegation spot. Good races are abundant in the lower two divisions though. One involves Deportivo possibly playing Celta B for a spot in the Segunda.

France has a 3-way battle for two UCL spots between Monaco, Marseille and Rennes. Rennes are also in a 3-way battle with Strasbourg and Nice for the EL spot. Bordeaux all but down while Metz and Saint-Etienne fight for the promotion playoff spot.

England and Italy decide their titles on Sunday. Unfortunately the Milan and Internazionale games kickoff at halftime of the Premier League games.

EL final is Wednesday.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
He sucks most days because teams have figured out that he doesn’t want to track back and play defense. So, they exploit that space behind.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Sadio Mane to Bayern for $43 million. :crying:

Sucks because he was such a huge part of Liverpool's return to title contention but at the same time, it's nice to see Liverpool not just letting all their stars age themselves out like Barca did.