• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 MLB and Rockies AA Look-back Thread

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Apparently they were named after this

View attachment 19690
If this is what we are naming teams after I look forward to the Denver Demon Horses

5eecdd6d7b07f.image.jpg

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yikes.

I don't mind the C on it's own, but the Guardians logo is like a bad greek restaurant and the one with the baseball is terrible. Reminds me of the late 90's Angels, but then for whatever reason made 3D. They could have flattened that out and removed the baseball and it would have been ok. I don't get the name itself, but I'm not from Cleveland.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think every WBL team except the Tijuana Brass and @TonyGin&Juice’s minor league teams (which are his cats imported into MS Paint) have stronger branding.

Wolfman21

I think every WBL team except the Tijuana Brass and @TonyGin&Juice’s minor league teams (which are his cats imported into MS Paint) have stronger branding.

Branding and success. The Bulls now have double the Cleveland Baseball Team's championships. Terry Francona can bend the knee and kiss the rings

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I hope they declined to comment because their lawyers are talking. New roller skates for everyone

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Padres acquire Frazier for some prospects. Not really sure why. Did they need a 2b?? Cronenworth, Profar, Kim all play 2nd. Move Hosmer to bench and let Cronenworth play 1st? They need a power left handed bat and starting pitching.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Hosmer is a sunk cost at this point. Worst contact in a long time.

I assume they’ll do what you suggested, or possibly have him in the OF for Myers

Wolfman21

i understand the point they're trying to make, but think doing it this way is incredibly dumb. Not to mention that their visual "evidence" is awful. They're not even synced up correctly. The "old" players are releasing the ball before the "younger" players in pretty much every single side by side. Its end of July...theres got to be something else to cover, right MLB network?

CJ_24

I don’t know wtf that video is but they used to take radar readings when it was hitting the mitt. Now they take them out of the pitchers hand. Does make a difference.
Wouldn't the most appropriate measure be to radar the ball as it's crossing the plate/entering the hitting zone? To me, that seems like the point in time where I care how fast the ball is traveling, to me

Bruce Wayne

Wouldn't the most appropriate measure be to radar the ball as it's crossing the plate/entering the hitting zone? To me, that seems like the point in time where I care how fast the ball is traveling, to me

It’s a lot cooler to say everyone is throwing 95 than to to say everyone is throwing 90.

If you haven’t seen it, the movie Fastball lays this out pretty well. The new readings are 5-7 miles per hour faster than the old readings.

Wolfman21

do people seriously care about that shit? Stop making stupid ass rules like putting guys on 2nd for extra innings, get rid of 7 inning double headers, stop changing the ball every year on a whim, fire rob manfred....all of these are things to focus on that are more important to the future of baseball than if the radar guns from yesteryear and today are synced up or not

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I guess they’ll move Laureano to right? That’s where that arm belongs anyway.

I’m hopeful the Padres move Hosmer and can get Rizzo or Gallo.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He getting shelled dude. 3 walks in the first inning and then gives up a bomb.

If they make it past the wildcard game, I would definitely start Darvish Lamet and Musgrove before him.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Lamet is dead, I think. Paddack is ass. Musgrove and Yu are the only ones I want in a one-game playoff

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Tigers Twins game today was absurd

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Mad Max being rumored to Padres. That would be something else. Hope they don’t give up Abrams or Hassell though.