• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 MLB and Rockies AA Look-back Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
HOTLANTA vs. supporting HERMANO @bruin

larry-david-unsure.gif

Support HERMANO

Wolfman21

can't believe the magic Anthopolous pulled at the trade deadline. The Twins actually gave the Braves money on top of Rosario for Pablo Sandoval...who they immediately released, lol.

bruin

Urias didn’t have it early. Could see it. Missing his spots badly and his fast ball had no life. Would’ve pulled him immediately when it was 3-0, but what can you do. The offense too again didn’t show up.

Tough to see Justin Turner go out like that. While the other Turner has been invisible. Backs against the wall, but who knows, win tonight and you got Max and Buehler in ATL. But the arms seems gassed all around.

Wolfman21

yeah, i do think the Braves would do well to go ahead and end it tonight. With as good as Fried has been the 2nd half of the season and the Dodgers going with a bullpen game and all the momentum being with the Braves...gotta feel if this goes back to Atlanta the Dodgers will have a 2nd wind

bruin

Offense reared it’s ugly head again. Buehler made one mistake pitch and that was enough.

End of a era likely over. Seager is gonna get Boras bucks. Just hope he doesn’t go to the Yanks. Kersh probably gone too. Who knows about Kenley. Gotta resign Taylor. Scherzer a boras guy too.

Def go Braves. For Outkast. Hope Altuve breaks his foot.

Wolfman21

really good series. Each team had a blowout...the rest of the games were absolute down to the wire nailbiters. Dodgers losing a few players at the end of the season/playoffs made the field quite even compared to last year where I thought the Dodgers were far and away a better team than the Braves...specifically pitching wise. No idea how the WS is gonna go but i'd give the edge to the Astros by a pretty substantial amount. They've basically been a mainstay in the WS for the past half decade where as this is the first foray into the WS for most of the Braves team.

Wolfman21

will be interesting to see what the Braves do with Charlie Morton's spot in the rotation. The easy answer is to just sweep the series and not worry about it...but thats a really big loss.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

can't believe the magic Anthopolous pulled at the trade deadline. The Twins actually gave the Braves money on top of Rosario for Pablo Sandoval...who they immediately released, lol.

You mean the "Indians" not the Twins.

Good to see my fellow islander finally living up to his potential. Hate the Barves almost as much as I hate modern life but really happy to see AA take guys heading for the glue factory and get them to turn on the magic. Rosario is easily one of the nicest guys in baseball and had so much of his prime wasted on terrible Twins teams it'd be great to see him win it all against the Houston Azzholes.

will be interesting to see what the Braves do with Charlie Morton's spot in the rotation. The easy answer is to just sweep the series and not worry about it...but thats a really big loss.

Wolfman21

it is quite amazing how many "diehard braves fans" i've come across recently that i never knew even watched baseball. Atleast 3 people that i converse with on a weekly basis...never heard them talk about the Braves...or baseball...are all of the sudden living and dying with every game.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I think baseball is primed right now to gain a lot of popularity. They have so many great young stars and I think with a few tweaks they could really improve the pace and level of play. Add a pitch clock like in the minors and add the DH to the NL for starters.

But the collective bargaining agreement is out there looming. Work stoppage all but guaranteed in December lol. Hopefully they can resolve it before spring training, but does anyone have any faith in that?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Did they ever stop ripping down MLB videos from YouTube for copyright violations? Seems like a good way to increase popularity would be highlights on the platforms that people use.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
But the collective bargaining agreement is out there looming. Work stoppage all but guaranteed in December lol. Hopefully they can resolve it before spring training, but does anyone have any faith in that?

Nope! Lords of the Realm is a great book if you want a history of free agency, collective bargaining, and the business side of baseball. It sounds dry, but it's a great read.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Jomboy is pretty much the only MLB oriented thing I watch on YouTube. I haven’t noticed them taking his stuff down but I haven’t paid attention either.

But yeah that’s stupid. Leave that shit alone.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
DH to the NL is super lame.

I kinda agree, but got sick of NL teams being at a disadvantage when it comes to contract negotiations for big bats. AL teams can basically offer an extra year to any slugger and plan to move them to DH if necessary.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
The MLB.TV deal is peak MLB.

Can't watch local teams unless you have a cable package. No one I know has had cable for at least 5 years, probably more. Can't VPN because they use your device's location. Only way to watch is via Estonia-based gambling sites with pop-up AIDS. I watched more Angels games from my couch this year than I did Padres. I feel for those people in places like Las Vegas that are blacked out from 4-5 teams. OK Boomer.

A great way to bring in new fans is to make them watch random Detroit-White Sox games all year long, SMDH.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Nobody wants to see pitchers hit. It’s just silly save for a few decent guys. I understand the strategy and managerial implications but that doesn’t make the game more exciting or interesting to me.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The MLB.TV deal is peak MLB.

Can't watch local teams unless you have a cable package. No one I know has had cable for at least 5 years, probably more. Can't VPN because they use your device's location. Only way to watch is via Estonia-based gambling sites with pop-up AIDS. I watched more Angels games from my couch this year than I did Padres. I feel for those people in places like Las Vegas that are blacked out from 4-5 teams. OK Boomer.

A great way to bring in new fans is to make them watch random Detroit-White Sox games all year long, SMDH.

We get blacked out of six teams here, lol. Only two of those teams have games that are regularly broadcast here. It's such a joke. Fuck MLB.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
hypothetically, there may be non computer AIDS sources for these games. You could hypothetically ask me somewhere that isn't here.

bruin

Nobody wants to see pitchers hit. It’s just silly save for a few decent guys. I understand the strategy and managerial implications but that doesn’t make the game more exciting or interesting to me.

Not the point. Nobody wants to see twinks barley put the bat on the ball, but it goes over the right porches in Boston or New York. This is the National League, babby. Maddux, Smoltz and Glavin didn’t rake for the chicks for this swine DH.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Maddux, Smoltz and Glavin ain’t walking through that door.

Remember watching Glasnow trying to hit last year in the WS lol.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I heard one of the analysts saying they have to keep at least one foot on the dirt. I think that’s a good compromise.