• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040 WBL Draft Thread (11 Hour Time Limit)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah you get 12 hours, but the clock stops from 1am to 6am website standard time. We'll go live when I sim to Opening Day tonight

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
giphy.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Okay it is live, I'm interested to see what you guys think about the draft. I lowered my amateur scout % to like 10 since I gave up my first and second rounders.

Gooksta

oh there is one guy I think that is a clear cut choice.. but outside of him. alot of interesting guys out there..

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
oh there is one guy I think that is a clear cut choice.. but outside of him. alot of interesting guys out there..

I think in the end there is, I'd be tempted to go another direction though. Would depend on what I had in my system I guess

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
OOTP scouting service has a clear #1 but my scout doesn't love him. I have a target I reely like that I hope falls to me. I also have another target who went to my dad's HS so I think it'd be cool to get him :laughing:

doh

Anyone wanna trade up? I have 3 guys I'm about even on liking so I'm willing to trade down a little if someone wants to trade up.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Idk it did that to me a few times when bdub was commish. Im not sure how it determines comp picks

doh

4/5 was me being tied with Qual record wise. Comps are if you're the 8th pick in the round and don't sign your pick it in 2039 you're AFTER the 8th pick in the round the next year.

I ended up going with the safest pick instead of potential. I liked Farid because he is an elite defender at all 3 OF positions, high work ethic, showed some pop in college and was the cheapest of my options. With the DH/more platoons he can shift from LF to CF or something like that if I have a good LF v LHP and a good CF v RHP which makes him a nice player to have. He also has some talent pitching so worst case I could try him out there but I think he will be on my UBL team by late 2042. I only have $4m in budget/cash so if I drafted a guy who wanted $8m I might've had to sell prospects.

That said I'm looking to get back into the first round if anyone wants to trade their picks.

Lloyd Carr

@Yankee151

I like Faruk, so the 6th pick wasn't that bad for you. I kind of wish I took him over Haney, as I think I'd rather have Faruk on my team; but I also thought Haney was a better #2 pick so I didn't want to take the shot on Faruk that early.

doh

Yea Haney was a good pick. I like Faruk for his intangibles and the hometown Turkish connect
and his two pitches...

Oh Tankee.

I still saw guy JD took and maybe two or three others as eLiTe talents.

Still willing to trade into 1st round too.

doh

25 third I believe. Maybe he will improve it.

Then again the draft prospects blow but in this game you can get talent vis IFA/Indy Ball guys/International regular FA so they've made the draft crappy IMO

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If he's got a third pitch he's got a chance. The draft is definitely more of a crapshoot now.