• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2045 Off-season Thread

osick87

Community Liaison
I didn't think I could sign existing FAs when it was the playoffs. Oh well. Lesson Learned

@Orlando Can the Lucio for Corrgan trade go through unless @Yankee151 is retracting it.

How about now?
200.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah you can sign them anytime.

Ill push the trade through, but @everyone no one export other than schauwn and bdub. I won't be pulling your exports.

ill be around today, so @Schauwn and @Bdub let me know when you guys have your offers in and I'll sim your week advantage.

Schauwn

I exported last night after a few offers, I want to take a second look at it when I get home around 3 if that's cool. I'm trying to decide how much i want to spend on FA's while also being sure I have enough players to fill my teams. How many rounds of the draft are there?

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I exported last night after a few offers, I want to take a second look at it when I get home around 3 if that's cool. I'm trying to decide how much i want to spend on FA's while also being sure I have enough players to fill my teams. How many rounds of the draft are there?

15 rounds of the draft

You and @Bdub have a lot to check out. Just off the top of me head, a crappy checklist.

00. Set ticket price ($25 is average?) and team focus (neutral is safe?).

0. Scouting budget and development budget. Your scouting is gonna be horrible if you don't allocate a decent amount to it. Edit - I think I'd throw a milli into development and fuggettaboutit for now.

1. Draft. Set your 1st round picks in stone. I would really make sure you have budget (7.5M) to sign them. You can use more than the draft budget, but it comes out of FA money, which is necessarily short for you guys with an empty system.

2. International Free Agents. This is basically auction style warfare. Our best IFA last year went for 60M which incurred about a 60M penalty as well. Pick a few that you want, pick your ceiling price. I would recommend you exercise great restraint on these. If you bust your 4M ceiling on all IFAs combined, you get penalized. Instructions on top of the page.

3. Free agents. You guys know the drill. Just populate your systems at majors and minors this year. 25-30 per minor league team. You should have plenty of MLFAs to sign and get the system functional at least. I would not spend five minutes getting the farm good. Just functional.

4. International complex. I think this will populate itself as your scout finds playas.

What did I forget...?

Edit to add (00) team focus and ticket price.

Last edited:

jdlikewhoa

15 rounds of the draft

You and @Bdub have a lot to check out. Just off the top of me head, a crappy checklist.

0. Scouting budget and development budget. Your scouting is gonna be horrible if you don't allocate a decent amount to it. Edit - I think I'd throw a milli into development and fuggettaboutit for now.

1. Draft. Set your 1st round picks in stone. I would really make sure you have budget (7.5M) to sign them. You can use more than the draft budget, but it comes out of FA money, which is necessarily short for you guys with an empty system.

2. International Free Agents. This is basically auction style warfare. Our best IFA last year went for 60M which incurred about a 60M penalty as well. Pick a few that you want, pick your ceiling price. I would recommend you exercise great restraint on these. If you bust your 4M ceiling on all IFAs combined, you get penalized. Instructions on top of the page.

3. Free agents. You guys know the drill. Just populate your systems at majors and minors this year. 25-30 per minor league team. You should have plenty of MLFAs to sign and get the system functional at least. I would not spend five minutes getting the farm good. Just functional.

4. International complex. I think this will populate itself as your scout finds playas.

What did I forget...?

Obligatory like for the veiled Bug mention.

What are you guys using for development budget (not looking for specific numbers necessarily) and how much does it reel e help?

Schauwn

Scouting was already set at 12m (maximum).

Haven't looked at the team development budget, it was like 2am last night when everything finally got settled.

I put a few offers on guys in the IFA list, but my scout hadn't scouted them yet?? so I had to rely on OSA ratings. Same for the players in the draft. As far as WBLFA, I haven't looked much past the major players. I will do that when I get home and put some offers out to fill my teams, though my budget for FA is pretty low IIRC. Am going to have to rely on the draft for the next few years to be able to get some pieces to offer as trade bait.

Schauwn

Does the "money for Free Agents" change while offers are pending?

So if I offer someone a 2m/1yr contract, does it immediately reflect the offer or does it only change if contracts are signed?

osick87

Community Liaison
I think it counts it as if your current contracts are going to get accepted. So your budget would have 2m less after your offer in your example.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Do you need me to change them? What about owner and market size? They both have large budgets.
Yeah they need to be under 120M at least, i was going to do 110M but its really up to you. Market size needs to be 4.

Schauwn

Can someone explain Minor League Contracts with Major League Options in this game? It says that if he is not promoted 30 days into the season then he is granted free agency. Doesn't this mean that he would have to be on my WBL roster, then where does the minor league portion come in?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think gooksta is right that its just 40-man. Its a 30-day minor league deal and then he needs to go on your 40 man. Be careful with those though because we sim 7 days at a time, so you will need to keep track of his contract time.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Can someone explain Minor League Contracts with Major League Options in this game? It says that if he is not promoted 30 days into the season then he is granted free agency. Doesn't this mean that he would have to be on my WBL roster, then where does the minor league portion come in?

They're used rarely around here. Caught a few guys like Bug's GM by surprise. (Bug's Bunny?)

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I've used em a handful of times. Only called up I think one player thus far in the seven seasons.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Just to clarify. When you sign a guy like this, he immediately goes into your minor league system. It's up to you to promote him to the 40 man active roster. If you don't, then at Day 30 he is automatically released back to free agency. (Edit per later)

I think if he is on your active roster, then he is getting major league minimum wage. I'm hazy on this doe.

There's other tricks. You can sign a guy to a pure minor league contract but give him a signing bonus. Sometimes if a MLFA is contested or expected to be contested, this is a strategy to get him to sign. I learned this little trick from studying up on @doh, aka Slim Trady.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm almost sure he has to be on the 25-man after 30 days. Doesn't it read like "must be on ML roster by 30 days into the year"?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You are right. It is the active roster.

The player is guaranteed a 1 year deal if promoted to the active roster. If not promoted within 30 days from the start of the season he is granted FA.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
WG and Osi have a holiday surprise for you guys. Coverage of the 2044-2045 off-season. Check out the WG Vidyas thread, and stay tuned for more!