• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2047 WBL Draft Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also I'll do the trades tomorrow if LC doesn't beat me. Dual monitors makes it a lot easier

jdlikewhoa

Ill do it later this morning

post-7924-0-82494300-1364006206.jpg

Lloyd Carr

If I do it right now, I am sure someone will find a problem with the draft and Ill have to redo it after OU resets it. If I wait, maybe the reset will happen before I make adjustments.

plus, I havent pooped yet.

NML

Man, my new scout has some pelotas with his ratings of these guys. One player that OSA loves, he hates. One meh player he thinks is the bee's knees.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Man, my new scout has some pelotas with his ratings of these guys. One player that OSA loves, he hates. One meh player he thinks is the bee's knees.

I think your old scout and doh's were swapped upon rehiring. Maybe you two can chat about each of their personalities.

osick87

Community Liaison

I just called a IFA up that is like that. OSA and Peasnall agree that Kien Tatham is fast and pretty good defensively. OSA thinks his bat is a turd while Peasnall thinks he will be starter worth (50-55)

NML

So Piranaha - my scout has him as a 1*. I still liked him and despite the starzzzz had him as my favorite pitcher, but that was alarming.

56 GB% with those pitches? Hmmmmmm

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So Piranaha - my scout has him as a 1*. I still liked him and despite the starzzzz had him as my favorite pitcher, but that was alarming.

56 GB% with those pitches? Hmmmmmm

2% above average, plus his movement isn't out of this world.

I'm not sure you are reading ratings properly if that concerns you

NML

But his movement would be better, and his GB% higher, if his pitchers were really that good.

I get that GB% is linked with movement, but if ur best pitches are off-speed, ur likely a ground ball pitcher.

A pitcher with the best curveball in the league would have a higher GB% - IRL anyways.

Gooksta

But his movement would be better, and his GB% higher, if his pitchers were really that good.

I get that GB% is linked with movement, but if ur best pitches are off-speed, ur likely a ground ball pitcher.

A pitcher with the best curveball in the league would have a higher GB% - IRL anyways.
I agree. If he has four plus pitches then he could be really good imo

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Yeah, you're reading the ratings wrong. Classic mistake of thinking about OOTP with real life in mind. Stuff has nothing to do with GB%. It has to do with Ks. Movement and GB% are lanked tho.

NML

Yeah, you're reading the ratings wrong. Classic mistake of thinking about OOTP with real life in mind. Stuff has nothing to do with GB%. It has to do with Ks. Movement and GB% are lanked tho.

I'm not reading the ratings wrong, I get them. They just don't correlate.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm not reading the ratings wrong, I get them. They just don't correlate.
Correlate to real life? I know. When you were talking about stuff and GB% I thought you assumed stuff had something to do with that. My b

NML

Right. My scout doesn't like his "stuff" compared to what OSA thinks. My thought process was that maybe his stuff really isn't that good considering his GB% is so low, but I see that even though his "stuff" is off-speed pitches, that doesn't necessarily = ground balls. But like Mole - he's got a dominant curveball and his GB% is 63, IIRC. Of course, his movement rating is pretty good. Hoyt Easton may be a better example. His stuff is 55, while his movement is only 50, but his best pitch is a curveball. His GB% is 60.

May be nothing, but could be an interesting connection.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Right. My scout doesn't like his "stuff" compared to what OSA thinks. My thought process was that maybe his stuff really isn't that good considering his GB% is so low, but I see that even though his "stuff" is off-speed pitches, that doesn't necessarily = ground balls. But like Mole - he's got a dominant curveball and his GB% is 63, IIRC. Of course, his movement rating is pretty good. Hoyt Easton may be a better example. His stuff is 55, while his movement is only 50, but his best pitch is a curveball. His GB% is 60.

May be nothing, but could be an interesting connection.

What I'm saying is that pitches only correlate with stuff. Not control or movement. Stuff only determines Ks, movement only determines GBs, and control only determines walks. So when you average those three you get their standard ERA they should throw. It varies wildly from that number, but that is their "best case" scenario.

So he can have an 80 curve and that 80 rating has nothing to do with how many GBs he produces with that pitch. It is only an 80 because he can K anyone with it. You could have a guy with all 80 pitches and 80 stuff with a 40 movement rating and 38% GB rating. He either Ks or they hit it out of the infield

What you're tom bout is arbitrage. That's what i look for too, but knowing how the ratings comingle is key for knowing what you're looking at

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Curveball does not necessarily equal a ground ball pitcher.

Last edited:

Gooksta

I have a quandry @ 4.. the guys I want to take probably shouldnt be taken there.. and the guys I should take, I dont want.. :angry: