• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2049 Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 9.30.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 9.30.50 PM.png

While the rest of the league is sleeping and I'm up because I drank too many Mr. Pibb's at lunch... the pre-season Dowher Rankings:

1. Helsingborg -- I've seen them as the most complete team the last three or so seasons and think they still are going into this year. Lost Brittian and Carrillo but I think still win 100+ easy probably in the 105-108 range partially because this is a better league this season. Not head and shoulders better than the rest though going into this year.

2. Amsterdam -- Still the best lineup and the pitching staff has gotten worse. Fulton Juarez (.314, 45 HR) is batting sixth in this lineup. Adding Brittian more than makes up for losing Rojas. I predict they outscore the 2043 Amsterdam team who scored 1050 runs.

3. Las Vegas -- I think the biggest additions to my team will be getting Francisco Colon, Ed Weaver and Enrique Gomez for a whole year. Offensively I upgraded at 1B and SS significantly (and hope C is positive WAR). Defensively I'm concerned about SS/3B but SP and RP wise feel very strong. On paper I think this is a better team than last year and the has the least holes I've had ever. Definitely on paper the best offense I've had.

4. Moscow -- Made it back to the playoffs last year and I think they do again. Getting Boys helps with a team that struggled preventing runs and they didn't lose anything from last year. They haven't had trouble scoring and return a lot from last year. Defense still has some questions.

5. Seoul -- Missed the playoffs by four games last season. Team is very much the team that ended last year. Medina replacing Ant for a year could be a big swing in wins if Onye has another year like last season. Padilla for a season will be huge too. I think they're right there with Moscow.

6. Berlin -- I've posted this seemingly the last 4 years but I continue to like what they're doing. The wins were low 60s to 83 last year. As I've posted in other threads, I think that you need a "transition" year and Berlin had theirs last year. The young hitters are getting better and IMO getting Carrilo in the OF will help a ton because that OF was brutal defensively. Also Bucher at 3B solidifies that position. I think they need 1-2 more pitchers and hope some of those old guys don't get hurt/decline. Better defense will help. It's just really hard right now to crack the top 5 in the NL... in the SL this is a playoff team.

7. Dublin -- I like what's going on in Ireland too. Young pitching staff is developing. I love the signing of Benny Jones too... if he plays every day he's a threat to hit 40 HRs in that park. Still some holes multiple places.

8. Lisbon -- This could be the year before the transition 80 win season. It's really up to them on how many guys they promote. I also think they did well getting Langille, Davila and Ramos for basically nothing salary or prospects wise as players to help with the future.

9. Istanbul -- Very, very wise signings of Ruiz and Hong Hong as potential future trading targets. Got both on steal contracts. I'm kinda dumbfounded no one else went after Ruiz. I would've if I didn't blow all my money in IFAs.

Last edited by a moderator:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
and the South...

1. False Bay -- Won 107 games... and lost no one while adding a GOAT set up pitcher and solid SP? Goodwin injury killed them in the playoffs. I think they're the odds on favorite to win the SL this year.

2. BA -- Have won 86, 99, 87, 86 games the last four years... and made the playoffs once. Lost nothing from last year and added a top 10 bat in Mason Fazackerly plus Heighman and Rex Rowe (if he has anything left). The DLS injury killed them last year but health this year and I think they put it together to win 103 or so games.

3. Kabul -- Will dominate the regular season again with their lineup. But traded away two key SPs and let Fazackerly walk. Still make the playoffs but will have to make a trade to solidify rotation to repeat.

4. Buffalo -- Didn't do anything but trade for Seguin. After four straight 100 win last years, the regression led them to a 94 win season last year. I think it continues to regress but still make the playoffs.

5. Cairo -- I think I, along with the rest of the league, underestimate them this team. Fig's made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years -- the year they didn't they won 95 games. They've had some serious regression in guys like Tang in the rotation so I think they miss the playoffs this year. The defense is usually bad and will be again. But they can really hit.

6. Key West -- The lonely middle of the SL. In year 7 of the rebuild, I think they get to that 75-80 spot this season. Added the two biggest additions of the off-season in Rojas and Torres but still need others to step up. I thought they could've used a couple FAs.

7. North Dakota -- The Travis Experiment begins... One thing I'm very impressed by: this team is going to have a good defensive club. Lineup and staff are both mostly filler level.

8. San Francisco -- Good luck cleaning up Reel's mess. He has left you some good prospects though.

9. Little Rock-- Little Rock looks like the most difficult rebuild we've seen.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea shocked I got those two. Worst case scenario gives me two popular players to keep my budget out of the toilet.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I went after Ruiz after trading Brittain, but I low-balled him because he acted like he didn't get an offer.

I actually think I lost too many wins. I think Moscow will be the surprise team this year and finish first.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Very excited to see how many wins having a good staff is worth. I won 118 when my staff was equal to my lineup, and hovered around 110 with 2 really good SPs. Let's see what worse than replacements bring me

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My NL prediction for this year:
Moscow
Vegas
Dam
Borg
Seoul
Berlin
Lisbon
Dublin
Bul

Lloyd Carr

Moscow
Vegas
Dam
Borg
Seoul
Berlin
Lisbon
Dublin
Istanbul

Buffalo
Kabul
False Bay
Buenos Aires
Cairo
Key West
Riggers
Tanners
Miners

Moscow-Borg = Moscow
Vegas-Dam = Vegas

Moscow-Vegas = Moscow

Buffalo-Buenos = Buffalo
Kabul-False Bay = Kabul

Buffalo-Kabul = Buffalo

Buffalo-Moscow = Buffalo

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't want to jynx Moscow so here's what I got

Borg
Moscow
Vegas
Amsterdam
Berlin
Seoul
Dublin
Lisbon
Istanbul
-
False Bay
Buffalo
Buenos Aires
Kabul
Cairo
Little Rock
North Dakota
Key West
San Francisco

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I really could be knocked out this year, I know rad's schtick is I never can lose but my rotation is the worst garbage I could scrounge. It will be a truly magnificent showing by them

osick87

Community Liaison
I really could be knocked out this year, I know rad's schtick is I never can lose but my rotation is the worst garbage I could scrounge. It will be a truly magnificent showing by them

Ping Sanchez could be made available.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I wouldn't make the deal anyways, to me that's way too far in the future to me. By the time you get the last one your first draft picks will already be developed, so you'd have to trade those guys? ffffuuu

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I wouldn't make the deal anyways, to me that's way too far in the future to me. By the time you get the last one your first draft picks will already be developed, so you'd have to trade those guys? ffffuuu

That's your reason for not doing it? lol. 20 of my firsts aren't worth Redbeard

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So do we have any sort of season starting celebration traditions? I'm sooooo excited.

@OU11 I'm going to leave 2 roster spots open in the 25 man I export, so if it isn't too much of a hassle, could you put both the new pitchers I receive in the trades into my WBL 25 man? Would that be the best idea? Or should I just stick with the lineup I have set for now and switch them tomorrow?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So do we have any sort of season starting celebration traditions? I'm sooooo excited.

@OU11 I'm going to leave 2 roster spots open in the 25 man I export, so if it isn't too much of a hassle, could you put both the new pitchers I receive in the trades into my WBL 25 man? Would that be the best idea? Or should I just stick with the lineup I have set for now and switch them tomorrow?

I do things like that for people, just leave the spots you want them in open and let me know which one goes where. If it's as easy as just throwing them on the 25 man then that's fine. Anytime you trade for a WBL guy you can ask me to do that for you. Gotta leave the spots open though, not going to retool the whole lineup like I have in the past :laughing:

We used to bet with dongs but we don't have a system for that anymore

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I will leave two spots open in the 25 man and will also leave the #4 and #5 spots in the pitching rotation open if it isn't too much trouble.

I'm going to take some whiskey shots when the season kicks off.

osick87

Community Liaison
Nevermind. It does it by ones (64 for example). I was hoping it would be how Kiley McDaniels does his Prospect list.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I will leave two spots open in the 25 man and will also leave the #4 and #5 spots in the pitching rotation open if it isn't too much trouble.

I'm going to take some whiskey shots when the season kicks off.

Done deal, I'll have a whiskey and water in my hand as is tradition. I can live sim opening day if everybody exports early